The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

d’art

New Contributor
Sep 11, 2022
Mate you have for talent! in reality the book should be turned into a film! You might sell 50k copies but nothing saids genius like a budget set style film. If I have time to read it I will. Write the scripts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mc27

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 9, 2022
Started reading this book and for once an investing philosophy makes sense to me.

Forget being mediocre, do something that scales and gives you your escape number.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco!

Chris22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 12, 2020
France
Hello everyone, when will a French edition be available ? thank you

(The Great Rat-Race Escape)

Last edited:

Fede91Ts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Oct 29, 2022
Milan
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Love the Kindle format! Thanks a lot! already bought all of your books!

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I read TMF . I am reading UNSCRIPTED . MJ is a great writer. I will read The Great Rat Race as well. MJ nails the devil of compound interest and grandma lane to the stake in great way. My mind can't stop thinking about what entrepreneur project I should take. Web design, publishing, and what not. By the way I am in Uganda.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 37981
Have read it and I love it. Storytelling is surprisingly awesome.

amaru7

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 18, 2019
Chicago

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Halfway through this right now

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Such a great book, seriously haha!

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Mate you have for talent! in reality the book should be turned into a film! You might sell 50k copies but nothing saids genius like a budget set style film. If I have time to read it I will. Write the scripts!
I have already read the UNSCRIPTED . Great book. Shows me what I ought to do. Also read Growth Mindset, and reading The ONE Thing as recommended. I have already narrowed to one thing. And I am already a long way on.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I should read the Great Rat Race next. Give me a few weeks. I know the secret remains the same. Only the method and the motivation. The trend. The thread may be more up to date. Besides reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body. Books are some of my best associates.

otaku_ch

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 9, 2021
I read the book in one week (French version) now, I'm read it again but this time I'm doing the exercises along the way.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I have read the Great Rat Race Escape . A great book indeed. MJ talks the truth as he perceives it. He doesn't need some sleek tongued voices feeling his introductory pages with flattery as some others do. He is genuine. He is not looking for cheap popularity. He doesn't even want it but with such productions he can't help it. 1/5/10 Planasy. I did it. I had done calculations for my Escape number earlier but for only 20 years. I need to project it infinitely as suggested. By the way, I currently don't have networth. I only have this mission, vision that I should attain to reclaim the dignity of my family, to ensure I don't age like my parents, always worried about money and make sure I reward them for their hardwork. I am going to reread the Great Rat Race Escape in order to collect all the principles, laws and strategies in diary, neve. The day I am unscripted I will make sure as many as I can read MJ. I feel confident referring friends who deserve to read him. Soon I will begin an execution thread. Act Assess Adjust. MJ has taught me Lots of stuff.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Read this book last week. Jeff and Sam are my examples. It is a process.

PatchSouza

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 24, 2022
Very good content you have on hand. I hope that these books will soon be translated into Portuguese.
i can help if you need. :)

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I listened to The Great Rat Race Escape on audible, and I plan to listen to it again soon to re-enforce the principles and stages.

A

Anon118459

Read the final book today the great rate race and it was very well put. I definitely will review these books in more detail but I highly recommend all three of them. It is definitely worth the read and the truth of what our lives are today. Thank you MJ.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Read the book Twice. I think it's always good to read a book twice. I was able to comprehend more of the material this time around than the first.

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I found this on eBay and it seems sketchy for a few reasons, mostly that it is on a format that I've never seen MJ advertise. Is this legitimate? If not, hope that MJ can get them shut down.
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 2.33.58 PM.png

Jeanie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 30, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
I have is book i just finished it and restarted it. I was disappointed that i finished it so fast so I started it again. It has to be my favorite of the three books i have

Jeanie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 30, 2023
I have is book i just finished it and restarted it. I was disappointed that i finished it so fast so I started it again. It has to be my favorite of the three books i have
It just downed on me after reading this book for the fourth time {it's still not boring not even close to it} I have realize me and my 13 year old son { who hates to read more than cleaning his room but will write a book go figure right} wrote a book last year we tiled it a Kidnapping in Salem about a scientist who kidnaps a witch to get her powers we planed to make it a two series book I can work on getting in publish when I can come up with some money and sell that as one of our products

wmgarchitect

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2023
Hello, is there any way to purchase this book or the previous unscripted book in kindle format? Getting the physical copy is a little bit hard and expensive for where I live :( I'm listening to the book via Audible, but I wish I can read it too

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello, is there any way to purchase this book or the previous unscripted book in kindle format?

I don't understand, these books have been available on Kindle since the day of their release.

wmgarchitect

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2023
these books have been available on Kindle since the day of their release
Hello MJ,
Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase them, I'm getting that is not available for purchase for all three books, I tried from kindle app, kindle device, and from desktop.. still not able to purchase
Screenshot 2023-11-18 193052.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello MJ,
Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase them, I'm getting that is not available for purchase for all three books, I tried from kindle app, kindle device, and from desktop.. still not able to purchase
View attachment 52526

What country?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am in Turkey - But I use Amazon US marketplace

I believe that is Amazon blocking that format from being purchased in your country.

You can try to purchase here:

Epubs can be imported into Kindle I believe -- you might want to check to see exactly how that is done if you do want to buy.

Sorry wish I could be more help.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 27, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.