The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The government just doesn't care

A post of a ranting nature...

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
This post will be more of just a vent, more of a "i want this to be heard" type of thing. Unsure if it belongs here but i'll write it either way.

Around 2 years ago, our government (i'm from iran) introduced the idea of tightening the internet. So basically they want to turn our country into north korea. they've already done things such as put a type of special police (called gasht, in english standing for "search") to look out for people who dress "unnormally", they've limited the internet by alot throughout the past like 30 years, now they just want to kill it.
I've spent my whole life online. The career path i'm pursuing (cyber sec) is internet related, the business im starting is internet related. So basically if it gets tightened, which is pretty much just cutting access from the outer world, I'll have to start from absolute 0 in life and i just cannot afford to do that. I know i shouldn't be wasting time thinking about things i cannot control but what should i actually do if this happens? the news are back and apperantely they've started. I'm still sending the linkedin connection requests, the cold email, the instagram dm, i'm still making content for my agency, still studying, but the thought of "it may all be for nothing" REALLY bothers me. its terrifying.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Get out while you can.

I know it's easier said than done but you don't want to wake up one day in North Korea 2.0.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Get out while you can.

I know it's easier said than done but you don't want to wake up one day in North Korea 2.0.
Oh i dream of this everyday. It's pretty much impossible and i'm saying this having done DAYS if not months of research. you need alot of money which sure i could probably make if my agency somehow gets extremely successful but i dont like the idea of "luck". its either money, or getting a diploma and applying for which i need 2 more years and even then, i'll have to go through college and uni i think (i'll legally not be able to drop out and if i do, i'll be sent back to iran.) it's hard man.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Oh i dream of this everyday. It's pretty much impossible and i'm saying this having done DAYS if not months of research. you need alot of money which sure i could probably make if my agency somehow gets extremely successful but i dont like the idea of "luck". its either money, or getting a diploma and applying for which i need 2 more years and even then, i'll have to go through college and uni i think (i'll legally not be able to drop out and if i do, i'll be sent back to iran.) it's hard man.

Can you get a work permit in even just a slightly better country? You don't need to go to a tier 1 country. Is it really that hard even if, say, you wanted to find work in Brazil, Georgia, or Turkey?

Just to clarify, I do NOT know what it's like for Iranians. Just trying to throw some ideas in case you missed something.

That really sucks man and I hope you can figure out how to create a better life for yourself in a place where old bearded F*cks don't ruin everyone else's life.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Can you get a work permit in even just a slightly better country? You don't need to go to a tier 1 country. Is it really that hard even if, say, you wanted to find work in Brazil, Georgia, or Turkey?
honestly i'd go anywhere. I just have absolutely no clue if I can or how I can and even then, I'm pretty sure i cant sadly

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Seek refugee status in the US (they owe you for what they did in 1953) or one of the Scandinavian countries.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
honestly i'd go anywhere. I just have absolutely no clue if I can or how I can and even then, I'm pretty sure i cant sadly

I can’t pretend I’m in your position but I bet there will be people in a worse position that manage to do it and you’ll be the one kicking yourself when your business is gone because you’re living in the new North Korea and you could have gotten out if you really applied yourself

Some people can’t live in a cage and some people can’t live outside of one

I hope it does work out for you but if it dont it’s all on you

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
I can’t pretend I’m in your position but I bet there will be people in a worse position that manage to do it and you’ll be the one kicking yourself when your business is gone because you’re living in the new North Korea and you could have gotten out if you really applied yourself

Well you honestly have a point, I'll do as much research as i possible can.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
This post will be more of just a vent, more of a "i want this to be heard" type of thing. Unsure if it belongs here but i'll write it either way.

Around 2 years ago, our government (i'm from iran) introduced the idea of tightening the internet. So basically they want to turn our country into north korea. they've already done things such as put a type of special police (called gasht, in english standing for "search") to look out for people who dress "unnormally", they've limited the internet by alot throughout the past like 30 years, now they just want to kill it.
I've spent my whole life online. The career path i'm pursuing (cyber sec) is internet related, the business im starting is internet related. So basically if it gets tightened, which is pretty much just cutting access from the outer world, I'll have to start from absolute 0 in life and i just cannot afford to do that. I know i shouldn't be wasting time thinking about things i cannot control but what should i actually do if this happens? the news are back and apperantely they've started. I'm still sending the linkedin connection requests, the cold email, the instagram dm, i'm still making content for my agency, still studying, but the thought of "it may all be for nothing" REALLY bothers me. its terrifying.
Depends on what do you mean by tightened.

If it is just a firewall and search filter it doesn’t stop internet business or companies from doing business.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France

Agree with that

If you have skills in cyber security, I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a job abroad or something, lots of demand for that

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
If you have skills in cyber security, I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a job abroad or something, lots of demand for that
Well i'm still just a beginner.
Cyber security is a broad field and i doubt that i will even be close to getting a job even tho ive been studying for 1-2 years now

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.