The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first billionaire I've ever met I did a deal with.

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
I'm new to the forum this is my first post, so I'll keep it short.

Here's some notes on how it happened & you can do it too.

First of all believe in yourself & that anything is possible, stay positive.

I won't say who the billionaire is for privacy concerns, obviously.

The way I got in was by providing value. That was the main number one thing that was most important. Realize it's charity for them, they're doing you a favor just meeting with you. They don't need you, because they already make enough.

You probably won't get to meet with them in the beginning right away. I had to try talking with several associates, in between, just to get lucky scheduling a meeting with someone close like a right hand to him.

The deal I made was small, relatively. I'm fortunate to be in business incubators, with many entrepreneurs & mentors. Successful figures surround themselves with other similar types that are successful. I see him in meetings 2-3 times per week, but I don't usually approach to say hello every time interrupting out of respect.
Be grateful for everything lastly, eternally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well done!

Strategic partnerships instantly propel you forward!

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
They don't need you, because they already make enough.
The more you make, the more people you need around you that can take the workload off you. You might not deal with them personally, but through a 3rd person. That doesn't mean you don't need them.

Plus, a good deal is a good deal. Nobody would pass on a good deal if the costs don't outweigh the benefits

D

Deleted85763

I'm new to the forum this is my first post, so I'll keep it short.

Here's some notes on how it happened & you can do it too.

First of all believe in yourself & that anything is possible, stay positive.

I won't say who the billionaire is for privacy concerns, obviously.

The way I got in was by providing value. That was the main number one thing that was most important. Realize it's charity for them, they're doing you a favor just meeting with you. They don't need you, because they already make enough.

You probably won't get to meet with them in the beginning right away. I had to try talking with several associates, in between, just to get lucky scheduling a meeting with someone close like a right hand to him.

The deal I made was small, relatively. I'm fortunate to be in business incubators, with many entrepreneurs & mentors. Successful figures surround themselves with other similar types that are successful. I see him in meetings 2-3 times per week, but I don't usually approach to say hello every time interrupting out of respect.
Be grateful for everything lastly, eternally.
I did a deal with a billionaire, too. I had met an owner of a distributor who told me he was looking for a certain product. About a week later I heard there was a guy selling that product. I called him and told him I had recently met someone who was looking for what he was selling. I told him I would put him in contact with the distributor. Two weeks later the guy calls me "I now doing deals with the distributor. Thank you. I want to take you to dinner. I am a billionaire. Come to my office this Friday afternoon". I wasn't that skeptical because who makes that up? I did though search him online and he was the real deal. I drove two hours to his office and was met by his receptionist, the most beautiful woman - like a high end fashion model that you never see in public, only in magazines.

So me and the billionaire go out to dinner and we bet on how long it would take us to get served. I won. When we were driving back in his custom one-of-a kind luxury car he says "Would you like to meet (one of the most famous people in the world)? We can go to his house now." I'm like "Really?" What was I, a young man with little world experience at the time, going to say to that person so I declined.

He told me that if I ever have any deals that I can call him. I called him once but he was wasn't interested in the deal but referred me to another company. That didn't work out. That's ok though. I learned from him that before he was a billionaire he was in many businesses. Some of which failed miserably. So that's a good, true lesson that came right from a billionaire. They don't teach you that in business school.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...