- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
This is going to sound like a weird story, and it is, but there is still such meaning.
There has always been this one guy I've run into talking to at my local coffee shop. Older guy, I'd seen him a few times but never really talked to him until I heard a guy call him "doc".
My father is also a doctor, so I started up a conversation with him and over the last year, anytime he see's me he waves me over to sit down, and I usually talk to him for 45 minutes to an hour.
I won't say what he does now, but the guy has money and is a mutli millionaire many times over, none of which was from his medical profession.
Today I'm talking to him and he always talks about his house, clearly his pride and joy. We're both walking out the door and he goes "Hey, I live 5 minutes from here, would you like to see my house?".
I follow him to his house and we're standing in his drive way, the plot of land he's on is incredible and he's got a huge barn, MASSIVE yard, ect, ect. He shows me around and is really into talking about the things he has, but it wasn't in a materialistic way. His piano, the painting, all of it.
What I realized is that this dude is a millionaire, never has to work again, could buy pretty much anything he wants (Ok, not a private jet, but some fun toys), and you could tell that this dude was BEYOND lonely.
It genuinely made me sad, because here I pictured this man as some rich guy without a worry in the world because of his bank account, but he seems like one of the loneliest people I've ever seen in my life.
It was just something to think about.
There has always been this one guy I've run into talking to at my local coffee shop. Older guy, I'd seen him a few times but never really talked to him until I heard a guy call him "doc".
My father is also a doctor, so I started up a conversation with him and over the last year, anytime he see's me he waves me over to sit down, and I usually talk to him for 45 minutes to an hour.
I won't say what he does now, but the guy has money and is a mutli millionaire many times over, none of which was from his medical profession.
Today I'm talking to him and he always talks about his house, clearly his pride and joy. We're both walking out the door and he goes "Hey, I live 5 minutes from here, would you like to see my house?".
I follow him to his house and we're standing in his drive way, the plot of land he's on is incredible and he's got a huge barn, MASSIVE yard, ect, ect. He shows me around and is really into talking about the things he has, but it wasn't in a materialistic way. His piano, the painting, all of it.
What I realized is that this dude is a millionaire, never has to work again, could buy pretty much anything he wants (Ok, not a private jet, but some fun toys), and you could tell that this dude was BEYOND lonely.
It genuinely made me sad, because here I pictured this man as some rich guy without a worry in the world because of his bank account, but he seems like one of the loneliest people I've ever seen in my life.
It was just something to think about.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
