The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The feeling of being so alone.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Jameshoo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 20, 2015
I heard of meetup.org to find more like minded people, but I am not the best socially..
Is there a skype group on here I can join? Feeling a tad bit down at the moment with my little business and no one willing to help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I heard of meetup.org to find more like minded people, but I am not the best socially..
Is there a skype group on here I can join? Feeling a tad bit down at the moment with my little business and no one willing to help.
Several hundred people meet here every night. Take off your coat and stay a while.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Would love to read an introduction thread from you. Maybe share a little about your business?

Jameshoo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 20, 2015
Would love to read an introduction thread from you. Maybe share a little about your business?
Haha I am not sure if that would be the most interesting read. But I just offer offline home services.

Having a very bad day too, cheers !!!
Kept reminding myself that i will be a better woman after this ......Heck, i will be thinner for sure, did not eat the whole day.

You would need energy for the day! Get some fuel for yourself! Sorry to hear about your day, we gonna make it!

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013

That last sentence was unnecessary.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Sorry? Lol

He's going for the tough love approach. Basically "you never have the right to complain."

I'm a fan. Some are, some aren't. That being said, he could have at least explained himself a bit more.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
He's going for the tough love approach. Basically "you never have the right to complain."

I'm a fan. Some are, some aren't. That being said, he could have at least explained himself a bit more.

If I did not have the right to complain, I think I would have died by implosion :eek:

Jameshoo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 20, 2015

I read his second post, makes sense. I appreciate all kinds of love as long as their heart is in the right place.

Stop saying sorry, stop saying your "little" business, stop saying no one is willing to help. Stop shrinking. It's not attractive to men, women, cats, or dogs - but it sure is attractive to people who will take advantage of you.

Good looking out bro

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Hello James, and welcome.
I have some horror stories regarding meeting sites.. the better to meet in person.

if you have a smartphone, download eventbrite and go to some local events. or just do a web-search for your city+event You would be surprised how many things happen while others lament.
relax, enjoy a real night out not hidden behind lies and screens.

everyone started with a ''little business.''
What's yours?

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Hello James, and welcome.
I have some horror stories regarding meeting sites.. the better to meet in person.

if you have a smartphone, download eventbrite and go to some local events. or just do a web-search for your city+event You would be surprised how many things happen while others lament.
relax, enjoy a real night out not hidden behind lies and screens.

everyone started with a ''little business.''
What's yours?
I would just like to add there's a really big world out there. While everyone is posting behind a computer screen what life is like, others are living it. Just think about what it would be like to move to New York!

Me, I am just stuck here applying for jobs that I know I want to work in :smuggy:

Jameshoo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 20, 2015
I would just like to add there's a really big world out there. While everyone is posting behind a computer screen what life is like, others are living it. Just think about what it would be like to move to New York!

Me, I am just stuck here applying for jobs that I know I want to work in :smuggy:
I'm actually in NY

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I'm actually in NY

Then select a different location. Ever wonder what it would be like visiting a college town? What about going to South Beach in Miami? Or even visiting a city that you'd never thought you'd find yourself in, like Tampa, or Charleston?

Anyways, what's your small business?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Welcome to the forum, and gee yes that Tough Love. There's a purpose for it, and although not so wonderful at first, necessary.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Anyways, what's your small business?
THISGONBGUD.gif

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@OP, I'm in the same position. My advice: suck it up. Its worth it. You can have all the relationships, friends and fun in the world once you're financially free and in a F*ck you position.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
It sucks to feel like this. stay strong man. we've all been there.

Here are some things that I do to stay in a good state:

1. Find joy and excitement in your work

2. Do mini-celebrations
- I celebrate even if it's just a productive day. Go outside and treat yourself. You deserve it! :)

3. Picture yourself 5 years from now
- imagine how awesome your life would be once you reach your wildest dreams

4. Have something fun to do with small breaks from work
- I play beer pong (without beer) when I get a little stressed from work. It's fun and challenging.

5. Talk to people and try to offer value!
- This may seem counter-intuitive but it works.

6. Be thankful for what you have right now, even the smallest things
- Being thankful put us in a positive mood. Make sure that you really mean it.

7. Spend time for stuff you're passionate about
- Better yet, make it a reward for working hard

Hope this helps!

Edison Salazar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 11, 2015
I'm new too, but I had learned something right, is that your mindset is everything. Keep saying your business is small, and it will stay that way. I prefer to say "I have a fast growing business" instead of "I have a small business"
Just a friendly advice.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I'm new too, but I had learned something right, is that your mindset is everything. Keep saying your business is small, and it will stay that way. I prefer to say "I have a fast growing business" instead of "I have a small business"
Just a friendly advice.

It's all about perspective. Even if your business is growing at 2 clients per day, calling it fast will inspire you in the correct direction.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Damn. Someone should post this thread any time someone else wants to say the FL is full of nothing but haters, negativity and criticism.

@Mr. L

Loneliness is part of changing the game, part of creating an unbeatable uber project.

So many of the greatest discoveries, inventions and contributions from a man - to the rest of man kind - after intense periods of isolation and loneliness.

People with jobs have people around them all of the time. If you are truly an entrepreneur, and you're all on your own 100% (you what you kill, and if you don't kill, you don't eat), then the only people around you are those who you can monetize.

If you're in the creative phase, then you might be even more isolated. You're doing research. You're doing work that does not require human interaction.

That intensity of focus will reveal itself when you eventually do begin to connect with the world around you. If you truly have a market solution that works and naturally reverberates throughout the marketplace, then you will eventually connect with people.

When you do, it's a much different experience. Once you are a person who has put all of his hopes and dreams on the line, have become publicly noted with your work, and passionate about what has made you successful, people will respond to you in an entirely different way.

Even if you're successful now, it can be possible to be very successful without interacting with people. The fact that you are successful should give you a leg up when it comes to meeting people.

In other words, people should be wanting to meet you. They should - and will - approach you.

And like Hugo said, hire a personal assistant. Place a Craig's list ad. Copy/paste an ad that looks good from New York, and paste it in your city. Chances are, that post is free. You'll get lots of good talent, willing to work for $10 - $15 an hour.

Cheers.

LLiriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 4, 2014
South Florida

I joined because I'm somewhat in your same boat, But after months of seeing the camaraderie on this forum I can tell you you're in the right place. Believe in yourself, help is everywhere if you're looking for it!

aks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 16, 2015
if you got a business that can be scaled and serves demand, your business is good to go.
once your business is profitable people automatically want to talk to you bcoz you run a profitable business.

till it becomes profitable, talk to people about them. like in business, in social life also focus is on people you are interacting with, not me . know the other person-their inspiration, what they like or not, how they begun etc, just try it, it works, focus on people.
relate their stories etc to yours, and in minuets you get a conversation going.
some people will talk to you some wont, its like sales calls. do not take it personal. shrug it as the person might be having a bad day and move.:smoking:

Last edited:

TravelBoss4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 6, 2015
Jameshoo, what is it that you do exactly if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the travel business and I'm in a bit of a slump too. Maybe we can connect and help each other out. Hope to hear from you soon!
~Tina~

TravelBossIV

TravelBoss4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 6, 2015
@OP, I'm in the same position. My advice: suck it up. Its worth it. You can have all the relationships, friends and fun in the world once you're financially free and in a F*ck you position.

I love the movie clip

TravelBossIV

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just go hangout in the Introvert groups on Facebook and what will you find?

I'm using my introvert personality as an excuse not to succeed.

I rather hang around introverts that complain I love being alone, and hate people.

And it becomes it's a self-fulfilling prophecy to be introverted and blame all the extroverts in the world why you're not succeeding and depressed and anxious.

Because they're to tough on you, and expect you to socialize outside of your four walls, and speak up.

And yes, it's to hard to stop moping around with the victim mentality, stuck in emotions, feelings, and intellectual thoughts arguing with yourself why you can't succeed.

Or stuck in your morals and values because those extroverts are just unfair. They take over the world and leave me behind.

I think this is a mindset. But that was just my take on it, just complain why you're lonely and isolated and depressed and not taking any action.

The new trend: Blame the Extrovert.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Just because he feels alone doesn't mean he's an introvert, introverts are people who like to be alone!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.