The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The best tip for meditation you'll ever read

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
I started meditating around 4 years ago. I used to find it very difficult to keep the focus on my breath.
I don't know where I read this, but it is the one thing that helped me the most.

First sit down to meditate and start breathing through your nose.

When inhaling, imagine and feel the cold 'blue' air coming in through your nostrils. Imagine and feel your nostrils lowering temperature, cooling off.

When you exhale, imagine and feel the warm 'red' air coming out through your nostrils. Imagine and feel your nostrils warming up, gaining temperature.

When you do this a few times, you will be in the right meditative state in seconds, keeping the focus on your breath. Even if you do this only 10 minutes a day, you will notice all the benefits meditation has to offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I'll follow this thread. I do sit every morning, but my minds keeps racing. I need to reread `Mindfulness in Plain English`. I remember it was real helpful when I started a few years back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
One technique that I find helpful is to imagine a screen in front of me with my eyes closed. I watch for images to appear. They appear in the middle of the screen then scroll out of view.

I need to get into the meditative state prior to this. With eyes closed, I open a door and take three steps down into a dark basement relaxing more with each step.

Then simply let your inner self take over while in that state.

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I do something similar -ish. I picture pure water flowing in through my head coursing through my body and flowing out through my hands and feet, taking all of the spiritual toxins with it.

A little weird, I know, but I actually get a tingling sensation and can physically feel the visualization happening. It's probably just increased blood flow, but it's still rad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.