The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Best Action Fake On Learning SEO is Learning SEO Without A Paid Tool Like Ahrefs/SEMRUSH

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Yep... just said that. The real question is after all your learnings, how do you practice what you learned?

How do you know who linked to who and how do you build links o track keywords or run an SEO audit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Yep... just said that. The real question is after all your learnings, how do you practice what you learned?

How do you know who linked to who and how do you build links o track keywords or run an SEO audit?
I don't know what point you're trying to make. I mean Ahrefs is a pretty solid tool. I use it to determine my competition and then rank sites.

I track keywords specifically through webmaster tools as ahrefs doesn't necessarily catch everything. I track the links I build through using google sheets.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
I don't know what point you're trying to make. I mean Ahrefs is a pretty solid tool. I use it to determine my competition and then rank sites.

I track keywords specifically through webmaster tools as ahrefs doesn't necessarily catch everything. I track the links I build through using google sheets.
The point is you can't do SEO completely without a paid tool. GSC isn't complete and Google keyord planner doesn't show complete data until you pay.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
The point is you can't do SEO completely without a paid tool. GSC isn't complete and Google keyord planner doesn't show complete data until you pay.

Not true at all. While they're helpful, it's not a requisite.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Not true at all. While they're helpful, it's not a requisite.
I may be wrong but please, how do you do keywords research or conduct a competitive analysis without a paid tool?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I may be wrong but please, how do you do keywords research or conduct a competitive analysis without a paid tool?
I wouldn't get caught up in the price of a tool man. In the long run, all that tool is gonna do is make you money. Bite the bullet in the beginning if you have to. They're more than worth it.

Gregory Carson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2020
United States, California

GSC (google search console) and GA (google analytics) actually have keyword data and backlink data, the paid tools just have you connect their paid service account to GSC and GA to collect the data and then repackage it for you. It is extraordinarily difficult to find this data on the mess than google calls software (GSC, GA) but a bit of banging your head into it will usually get results. There is no google support available outside of the non-US based foreign support team so it can definitely be helpful to find a forum to get insights and help as using google for help is not very effective or useful.

Best practice seems to be to use the free versions of a couple of the better SEO tools. ahrefs does not offer anything for free so it is likely best to stay away from them, but semrush, and ubersuggest both offer a considerable amount of google data repackaged in useful ways with the free version of the accounts on their systems.

A good way to collect keyword data can be to run an ad on a search engine. Naturally given the extraordinary bias against small business on google, it is best to run a $50-$100/month ad on bing or one of the others that are more honest and don't mess with listing order based on how much you are paying.

A good way to collect backlink data is to follow the ones that GSC/GA have collected and check them. Getting new, good backlinks is an active endeavor that is best done by interaction with the site owners where you want to get a link from. Be super careful if you ever use a free or paid backlink service - I have not found even one backlink service that does not get classified as toxic. Be sure to request your site be removed for these kinds of backlinks, and if no removal use the google disavow tool (submit text file with backlinks to disavow).

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
I wouldn't get caught up in the price of a tool man. In the long run, all that tool is gonna do is make you money. Bite the bullet in the beginning if you have to. They're more than worth it.
I think we both saying same thing here.

The point i am trying to pass across is that for someone who is interested in SEO, you will need to get paid tools because the free tools will just be taking around in circles.

I actually learnt this the hard way and spent a lot of time trying to use free tools to learn SEO. When i got ahrefs premium, i got a clearer picture of what SEO is all about.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
GSC (google search console) and GA (google analytics) actually have keyword data and backlink data, the paid tools just have you connect their paid service account to GSC and GA to collect the data and then repackage it for you. It is extraordinarily difficult to find this data on the mess than google calls software (GSC, GA) but a bit of banging your head into it will usually get results. There is no google support available outside of the non-US based foreign support team so it can definitely be helpful to find a forum to get insights and help as using google for help is not very effective or useful.

Best practice seems to be to use the free versions of a couple of the better SEO tools. ahrefs does not offer anything for free so it is likely best to stay away from them, but semrush, and ubersuggest both offer a considerable amount of google data repackaged in useful ways with the free version of the accounts on their systems.

A good way to collect keyword data can be to run an ad on a search engine. Naturally given the extraordinary bias against small business on google, it is best to run a $50-$100/month ad on bing or one of the others that are more honest and don't mess with listing order based on how much you are paying.

A good way to collect backlink data is to follow the ones that GSC/GA have collected and check them. Getting new, good backlinks is an active endeavor that is best done by interaction with the site owners where you want to get a link from. Be super careful if you ever use a free or paid backlink service - I have not found even one backlink service that does not get classified as toxic. Be sure to request your site be removed for these kinds of backlinks, and if no removal use the google disavow tool (submit text file with backlinks to disavow).
Nice points.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.