The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 3 Step Success Secret – Harness The Power Of Your Focus

Anything related to matters of the mind

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Before I even get started I’m going to re-iterate something that has been echoed across the forum over and over again.

The main ingredient in success is simply ACTION. That’s not to say that you can just perform any action and become successful. Success comes from performing certain actions over and over again.

I think the main problem we face when trying to overcome any obstacle is defining the things that are most important to focus on.

Many self-help books specifically tell you to focus on your dream and it will magically happen for you if you focus on your dream long enough. It is true if you focus on your dream long enough it will happen (Will you have time to enjoy the benefits?). But you have the power to speed up the process of manifesting your dreams. What they don’t tell you in almost any personal development book, is how to ration your focus effectively. Your primary focus should be ACTION.

I think many of us focus too much on the dream. Most of us realize that it will take a plan to manifest the dream. So if we aren’t focusing too much on the dream we develop a plan. Instead of executing the plan, most of us focus on ironing out the details too much. When we begin to take action, we may find ourselves second-guessing our plan before enough feedback is givin to us. It’s too early, we don’t know whether or not the plan we have mapped out is working. we ultimately burn ourselves out when we focus on the what if's in the plan.

Let me tell you the shitiest plan executed consistently is better than a pristine plan executed haphazardly.

There are three steps of focus that need to be proportioned to your unique aspirations.

There is no exact recipe or proportions to the three separate focuses you need to incorporate into your daily practice. But I’ll say it again maybe this is the most used word on this forum, ACTION should be your main ingredient.

It is completely possible to remove your dream from the recipe from time to time and still experience achievement in the long term. It is also completely possible and necessary to change your plan from time to time.

But I’m going to say this one more time consistent daily ACTION is the main ingredient in success.

It really is as simple as understanding relativity. In the three stages of focus, proportions are relative to each other. The bigger your dream the more you need to focus on your plan. The bigger your plan the more ACTION you need to take.

Once you have a clear view of your dream, set it down and don’t think about it. Then you can begin to develop your plan. Hell, in this day and age you don’t even need your own plan. I can’t count how many people I know in real life that have copied others and achieved success. There are a lot of trailblazers on this forum , much of their plan is right here in the open.

Okay now you have a plan. TAKE ACTION. That’s it. I’ve created an infographic that is very simple. I printed it and placed it on my wall. Anytime I question where my focus is at, I look at this graphic and know if I’m on the right track. just having it in my face allows me to focus more on action than anything else.

upload_2014-2-11_11-52-49.jpeg

Now don’t take my word for it, there are many veterans on this site that have achieved what we would consider massive success. If there is anything wrong with this philosophy, I hope they will point out, so I can adjust my mindset accordingly. But let me tell you, the past 11 days of my life have been both the worst and the best simultaneously. And it really started when I imprinted this three stage focus practice into my mind. I haven’t had a day go by where I haven’t reached out to somebody who I can learn from. Or had people reach out to me. Yesterday I gave a speech in front of a group of 30 people. And every single one of them made it a point to track me down and tell me I was a true leader. It caught me by surprise. I was 1 out of 10 people speaking at the event, and I was the only one who didn’t have a written speech. I did the whole cliché thing where I had prewritten a speech and just tucked it in my pocket.

I now have a pool of investors to put one of my long time dream projects together. This is my first major venture in life. I may fail miserably, but through action I will gain experience to fail bigger and better next time. my biggest failure may lead to my greatest success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
you speak my language. :)

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Great Post! +Rep $

I remember after one of the B & P's, I had a big ah-hah moment. There were two presentations there that, when combined together were a "formula" for success. One was @biophase and the other was @snowbank

I don't remember the specifics of either of these presentations but the basic take away was....

DO IT.
LEARN FROM IT.
DO IT SOME MORE.

The ONLY way that you will experience failure over the long haul, is if you STOP TAKING ACTION.

Of course, this consistent action requires FOCUS.
Oh, and P.S. you will experience "failure" along the way. The key is to learn from it, make adjustments as necessary, and then keep going.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
This is great! So well explained too.

I've definately been noticing this with my main project. I started with the dream (and omg was it huge), then I started with the plan (it is like 200 pages deep in gems of research), then I looked at the actions I have to take (and omfg...).

So, what I'm doing, to reduce the millions of actions is to make the dream into a few words, plans into a page, and actions into a little booklet.
I know that isn't exactly your point, but reducing the vagueness of all of them generally reduces the amount of dreaming, planning and actions you have to do before you are up and running.

The irony is... dreams when made simple are aims, plans when made simple are steps, and actions when made simple are hair triggers that lead to results. So almost all good action "removes" action from the planning process (quite the paradox).

Its all important though, to get down to a short list of things you really need and for them to be validated.

Last edited:

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
There is one more ingredient to success, in my opinion. You need a big enough reason why. If you do not have a big enough reason why to want something more for your life than a 8 - 5 J.O.B, then you will quickly give up any entrepreneurial efforts then go back to a day job.

The 'reason why' could be the potential for what you see the future will look like when you succeed. Or the 'reason why' could be the fear of what your life will be like if you stay stuck in life you have now.. that can be a motivating factor too.

Either way, if your reason why is not big enough, it will be harder to succeed.

G

Grimaldo

Before I even get started I’m going to re-iterate something that has been echoed across the forum over and over again.

The main ingredient in success is simply ACTION. That’s not to say that you can just perform any action and become successful. Success comes from performing certain actions over and over again.

I think the main problem we face when trying to overcome any obstacle is defining the things that are most important to focus on.

Many self-help books specifically tell you to focus on your dream and it will magically happen for you if you focus on your dream long enough. It is true if you focus on your dream long enough it will happen (Will you have time to enjoy the benefits?). But you have the power to speed up the process of manifesting your dreams. What they don’t tell you in almost any personal development book, is how to ration your focus effectively. Your primary focus should be ACTION.

I think many of us focus too much on the dream. Most of us realize that it will take a plan to manifest the dream. So if we aren’t focusing too much on the dream we develop a plan. Instead of executing the plan, most of us focus on ironing out the details too much. When we begin to take action, we may find ourselves second-guessing our plan before enough feedback is givin to us. It’s too early, we don’t know whether or not the plan we have mapped out is working. we ultimately burn ourselves out when we focus on the what if's in the plan.

Let me tell you the shitiest plan executed consistently is better than a pristine plan executed haphazardly.

There are three steps of focus that need to be proportioned to your unique aspirations.

There is no exact recipe or proportions to the three separate focuses you need to incorporate into your daily practice. But I’ll say it again maybe this is the most used word on this forum, ACTION should be your main ingredient.

It is completely possible to remove your dream from the recipe from time to time and still experience achievement in the long term. It is also completely possible and necessary to change your plan from time to time.

But I’m going to say this one more time consistent daily ACTION is the main ingredient in success.

It really is as simple as understanding relativity. In the three stages of focus, proportions are relative to each other. The bigger your dream the more you need to focus on your plan. The bigger your plan the more ACTION you need to take.

Once you have a clear view of your dream, set it down and don’t think about it. Then you can begin to develop your plan. Hell, in this day and age you don’t even need your own plan. I can’t count how many people I know in real life that have copied others and achieved success. There are a lot of trailblazers on this forum , much of their plan is right here in the open.

Okay now you have a plan. TAKE ACTION. That’s it. I’ve created an infographic that is very simple. I printed it and placed it on my wall. Anytime I question where my focus is at, I look at this graphic and know if I’m on the right track. just having it in my face allows me to focus more on action than anything else.

View attachment 6755

Now don’t take my word for it, there are many veterans on this site that have achieved what we would consider massive success. If there is anything wrong with this philosophy, I hope they will point out, so I can adjust my mindset accordingly. But let me tell you, the past 11 days of my life have been both the worst and the best simultaneously. And it really started when I imprinted this three stage focus practice into my mind. I haven’t had a day go by where I haven’t reached out to somebody who I can learn from. Or had people reach out to me. Yesterday I gave a speech in front of a group of 30 people. And every single one of them made it a point to track me down and tell me I was a true leader. It caught me by surprise. I was 1 out of 10 people speaking at the event, and I was the only one who didn’t have a written speech. I did the whole cliché thing where I had prewritten a speech and just tucked it in my pocket.

I now have a pool of investors to put one of my long time dream projects together. This is my first major venture in life. I may fail miserably, but through action I will gain experience to fail bigger and better next time. my biggest failure may lead to my greatest success.

AMEN! Thank you for taking the time to write this post and inspire us! I love it.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Is it weird if now I actually say I focus the opposite way?

- Actions are done subconsciosly and consistently (I do not put big weight on them, I just sustain the attitudes that help me keep making them happen)
- Plans are done in volume and then the cream is scooped off the top
- Dreams are consistantly brought to the forefront to check progress against possibility.

The hardest part this week has been gluing it all together in a way that amplified everything I had.
Cuz if you can't amplify the benefits, it makes it very hard to approach and iron out customer aquisition problems(because the value is too liquid and people don't take that serious, same is true of a price point that is too liquid).

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Because I played sports a lot in my earlier years, I equate being successful at business as being a successful athlete. You can envision yourself hitting that home run but if you are sitting on the couch all day long envisioning that moment it will never manifest. You need to get off your butt and take action towards a step by step plan. Each day I need to practice swinging at the ball. I need to practice making contact. I need to develop bat speed by swinging the bat quickly repetitively and building strength. I need to develop a perfect swing by recording my swing and seeing where i need to make correction. I need to practice stepping forward and swinging into the pitch. I need to keep my head down on the ball.

Lots of hard work and repetitive action. Keep your eye on the dream though... :rockon:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.