The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks to MJ & the forum! My official site launch: Toothbrush Subscription

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Hey Dave. Sorry if you've already answered this, but are you shipping the toothbrushes yourself or are you using a drop-shipper? How's business so far? Seems like a good idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dochustle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 1, 2012
Sunnyvale, California
Another product that could work with a subscription: aluminum-free deodorant.

The aluminum in most deodorants has been linked to some serious health issues (namely Alzheimer's). I overheard some nursing students talking about it a year ago and did some research. There are conflicting studies, but the demand is enough that several companies have made deodorant that's marketed as "aluminum-free" (I use the Arm and Hammer one)...

The thing is, these aluminum-free deodorants are not too common in stores. I usually buy mine online. I'm not super paranoid, but it's practically the same price, so why not be on the safe side? I would totally sign up for a subscription that would mail me a new stick every 4 months or so (as long as the price was reasonable).

Google monthly searches (local, exact match)
"aluminum-free deodorant" - 1900 searches
"aluminum-free antiperspirant" - 590 searches
"deodorant without aluminum" - 1000 searches

So it looks like there are people actively looking for this. Not a lot of people know about the issue, though. Might be effective to partner with some health blogs, do some guest posts, interviews, etc to raise awareness.

I don't know if it's a super cash cow, but if you've already made the subscription model work, you can just replicate it with this.

Thanks for the insight. I won't be adding anything outside the oral hygiene realm in the near future. But down the road its defiantly a possibility..

Sounds like a cool niche too. I've never heard of it before.

dochustle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 1, 2012
Sunnyvale, California
Have you thought about adding electric toothbrushes? One of the dentists I talked to years ago mentioned this and I've been hooked since then. Everyone in my family uses an electric toothbrush. You could catch an another targeted area.

Tom

Defiantly has come up a few times... is something I'm looking into.

dochustle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 1, 2012
Sunnyvale, California
Hey Dave. Sorry if you've already answered this, but are you shipping the toothbrushes yourself or are you using a drop-shipper? How's business so far. Seems like a good idea.

Dustin,

Right now I am shipping all of the products myself. However long term I defiantly plan to outsource. I haven't looked into costs yet. Anyone have any experiences with outsourcing shipping?

Business is coming. Check my blogs for the latest updates. Defiantly a learning experience!

Dave

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
It is really a big advantage, especially your business has a purpose in life and family. Continue what you have started, it is a really a good start.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Dustin,

Right now I am shipping all of the products myself. However long term I defiantly plan to outsource. I haven't looked into costs yet. Anyone have any experiences with outsourcing shipping?

Business is coming. Check my blogs for the latest updates. Defiantly a learning experience!

Dave
Can you link the blog post buddy?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Shame to trade in your business for a job,but hopefully hes happy with it.
I don't thik he settled down for a job... He just saw an opportunity to have a high paying job while he learns a ton in it.

He says in the article that he's gonna start another business of his own though...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.