The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks for writing the Fastlane - College Freshman with a dream

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
First off, congratulations for your excellent marketing (and marketing is a positive word for me), the cover and the title are one of the most compelling I've seen in a while :p

So for those who are interested, I just turned 17, and will go to college next year.

I have "ADD", which is kind of a mixed blessing and something I wish I could turn on/off at will :p Especially the part that encourages me to procrastinate.
I'd be willing to go through hell to get rid of procrastination as I've been having trouble with it for all my life. I've read books, websites, etc but I'm STILL F*ckING PROCRASTINATING. Really need some help on that, but life coaches are really scarce in France (maybe a good business opportunity now that I think about it, lol)

Anyway on a lighter note, I've read the book in one day (it's a real page turner as it's talking about money on every page :rofl:) and it further reinforced my positive views about entrepreneurship/thinking in terms of value created instead of money made.

One lesson I'll remember is that "somebody is already doing it" isn't that much of a barrier.

My "life principles" are :
-having high aspirations
-living fully
-self-education
-delivering value

When I was in school I realized two things : 1) Formal secondary education is [insert lots of negative adjectives here] 2) Games are fun
Those two observations formed the basis of my business idea, which will be a simulation game [I'm thinking a facebook game, but I'll have to do research to see if there are more profitable ways to market it] that is both fun and educative. The road to starting the business is still kind of unclear though, but I guess that's entrepreneurship. I'll probably have to ask some questions on this forum :)

By next fall I should :
-Have a totally clear picture on how to execute my business ideas
-Having put in enough hours at part-time job (academic tutoring) to gather 1000€
-Pass high school final exams with top grades . Yeah, I do think formal education is of marginal value, but with credentialism running rampant these days and parent pressure it still looks like a sound decision. Plus tuition is cheap in the EU (under $5k a year) and there are no gened requirements, so I might learn some useful skills in business and compsci

Anyways, that's pretty much what I wanted to write for now. (Which is actually good since I thought about just erasing all I've written and not posting lol)

Best luck to everyone in your business endeavors,
Akitoes

Post-scriptum
Some short-term objectives with my money (5 to 10-year) :
-Have $20,000 to buy a car without loans
-Invest or spend $10,000 into giving education opportunities (giving economics/personalfinance/business book packages for free, for instance, or organizing cheap seminars) & encouraging entrepreneurship (angel 'mini' investing)
-$5,000 for a Las Vegas Trip and 1K WSOP Event the year I turn 21

And some "dream" things I'd like to spend money on once I've made it ($2 million or more):
-Living in an area with perfect weather
-Founding an educational institution
-Angel investing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I'd be willing to go through hell to get rid of procrastination as I've been having trouble with it for all my life. I've read books, websites, etc but I'm STILL F*ckING PROCRASTINATING. Really need some help on that, but life coaches are really scarce in France (maybe a good business opportunity now that I think about it, lol)

You're trying to fix the problem, with the problem. Information is not going to help you stop procrastinating. Just do something.

Welcome to the forum, and great intro!

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
Thank you for your greetings and advice Icy :)

I'm really passionate about entrepreneurship and it's pleasurable doing business related stuff; where I have a much harder time is administrative tasks and uninteresting/"real-life-irrelevant" schoolwork.

Basically I tend to put off everything that I'm "forced" to do for some reason, even though it may be important; especially the irrelevant schoolwork because it is so strongly against my values (one of the major objectives I want to spend time and money on is changing education systems :nonod: )

I wonder if someone on this forum used to procrastinate but conquered it, I'd love to get more practical advice on that.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Bienvenue! De quelle ville viens-tu?

Welcome to the Fastlane - I was at the same age when I joined the Forum. If you want to save some massive time I strongly recommend you to read MJ's book before actually thinking of specific ideas. That way you can easily let the Fastlane mentality flow into all of your actions.

Salutations du pays voisin!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
Danke! Ich komme aus Paris :)

Yeah, I downloaded the ebook yesterday from Amazon after seeing its 5star rating and read it in one sitting. I'll probably go through it again tho.

By the way, am I the only one experiencing huge lagwith quick reply ?

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Danke! Ich komme aus Paris :)

Yeah, I downloaded the ebook yesterday from Amazon after seeing its 5star rating and read it in one sitting. I'll probably go through it again tho.

By the way, am I the only one experiencing huge lagwith quick reply ?

Welcome!

I was wondering how you got a copy of the book (my default thought was hard copy - it makes more sense now :smxF: ).

Goodluck!

P.S

I am experiencing a lag with the quick reply aswell. It seems to disappear in advanced mode.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...