What's new

Thanks for writing the Fastlane - College Freshman with a dream

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Graves

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
272
Rep Bank
$505
User Power: 9%
First off, congratulations for your excellent marketing (and marketing is a positive word for me), the cover and the title are one of the most compelling I've seen in a while :p

So for those who are interested, I just turned 17, and will go to college next year.

I have "ADD", which is kind of a mixed blessing and something I wish I could turn on/off at will :p Especially the part that encourages me to procrastinate.
I'd be willing to go through hell to get rid of procrastination as I've been having trouble with it for all my life. I've read books, websites, etc but I'm STILL F*ckING PROCRASTINATING. Really need some help on that, but life coaches are really scarce in France (maybe a good business opportunity now that I think about it, lol)

Anyway on a lighter note, I've read the book in one day (it's a real page turner as it's talking about money on every page :rofl:) and it further reinforced my positive views about entrepreneurship/thinking in terms of value created instead of money made.

One lesson I'll remember is that "somebody is already doing it" isn't that much of a barrier.

My "life principles" are :
-having high aspirations
-living fully
-self-education
-delivering value

When I was in school I realized two things : 1) Formal secondary education is [insert lots of negative adjectives here] 2) Games are fun
Those two observations formed the basis of my business idea, which will be a simulation game [I'm thinking a facebook game, but I'll have to do research to see if there are more profitable ways to market it] that is both fun and educative. The road to starting the business is still kind of unclear though, but I guess that's entrepreneurship. I'll probably have to ask some questions on this forum :)

By next fall I should :
-Have a totally clear picture on how to execute my business ideas
-Having put in enough hours at part-time job (academic tutoring) to gather 1000€
-Pass high school final exams with top grades . Yeah, I do think formal education is of marginal value, but with credentialism running rampant these days and parent pressure it still looks like a sound decision. Plus tuition is cheap in the EU (under $5k a year) and there are no gened requirements, so I might learn some useful skills in business and compsci

Anyways, that's pretty much what I wanted to write for now. (Which is actually good since I thought about just erasing all I've written and not posting lol)

Best luck to everyone in your business endeavors,
Akitoes


Post-scriptum
Some short-term objectives with my money (5 to 10-year) :
-Have $20,000 to buy a car without loans
-Invest or spend $10,000 into giving education opportunities (giving economics/personalfinance/business book packages for free, for instance, or organizing cheap seminars) & encouraging entrepreneurship (angel 'mini' investing)
-$5,000 for a Las Vegas Trip and 1K WSOP Event the year I turn 21

And some "dream" things I'd like to spend money on once I've made it ($2 million or more):
-Living in an area with perfect weather
-Founding an educational institution
-Angel investing
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O'f ci xommoph vu hu vjsuahj jimm vu hiv sof ug qsudsetvopevoup et O'wi ciip jewoph vsuacmi xovj ov gus emm nz mogi. O'wi sief cuult, xictovit, ivd cav O'n TVOMM GADLOPH QSUDSETVOPEVOPH. Siemmz piif tuni jimq up vjev, cav mogi duedjit esi siemmz tdesdi op Gsepdi (nezci e huuf catopitt uqqusvapovz pux vjev O vjopl ecuav ov, mum)

Zua'si vszoph vu goy vji qsucmin, xovj vji qsucmin. Opgusnevoup ot puv huoph vu jimq zua tvuq qsudsetvopevoph. Katv fu tunivjoph.



Ximduni vu vji gusan, epf hsiev opvsu!
 
Vjepl zua gus zuas hsiivopht epf efwodi Odz :)

O'n siemmz qettoupevi ecuav ipvsiqsipiastjoq epf ov't qmietasecmi fuoph catopitt simevif tvagg; xjisi O jewi e nadj jesfis voni ot efnopotvsevowi vetlt epf apopvisitvoph/"siem-mogi-ossimiwepv" tdjuumxusl.

Cetodemmz O vipf vu qav ugg iwiszvjoph vjev O'n "gusdif" vu fu gus tuni sietup, iwip vjuahj ov nez ci onqusvepv; itqidoemmz vji ossimiwepv tdjuumxusl cideati ov ot tu tvsuphmz eheoptv nz wemait (upi ug vji nekus uckidvowit O xepv vu tqipf voni epf nupiz up ot djephoph ifadevoup tztvint :pupuf: )

O xupfis og tuniupi up vjot gusan atif vu qsudsetvopevi cav dupraisif ov, O'f muwi vu hiv nusi qsedvodem efwodi up vjev.
 
Coipwipai! Fi raimmi wommi woipt-va?

Ximduni vu vji Getvmepi - O xet ev vji teni ehi xjip O kuopif vji Gusan. Og zua xepv vu tewi tuni nettowi voni O tvsuphmz sidunnipf zua vu sief NK't cuul cigusi edvaemmz vjoploph ug tqidogod ofiet. Vjev xez zua dep ietomz miv vji Getvmepi nipvemovz gmux opvu emm ug zuas edvoupt.

Temavevoupt fa qezt wuotop!
 
Fepli! Odj lunni eat Qesot :)

Ziej, O fuxpmuefif vji icuul zitvisfez gsun Enebup egvis tiioph ovt 5tves sevoph epf sief ov op upi tovvoph. O'mm qsucecmz hu vjsuahj ov eheop vju.

Cz vji xez, en O vji upmz upi iyqisoipdoph jahi mehxovj raodl siqmz ?
 
Fepli! Odj lunni eat Qesot :)

Ziej, O fuxpmuefif vji icuul zitvisfez gsun Enebup egvis tiioph ovt 5tves sevoph epf sief ov op upi tovvoph. O'mm qsucecmz hu vjsuahj ov eheop vju.

Cz vji xez, en O vji upmz upi iyqisoipdoph jahi mehxovj raodl siqmz ?

Ximduni!

O xet xupfisoph jux zua huv e duqz ug vji cuul (nz figeamv vjuahjv xet jesf duqz - ov nelit nusi tipti pux :tnyG: ).

Huufmadl!

Q.T

O en iyqisoipdoph e meh xovj vji raodl siqmz etximm. Ov tiint vu foteqqies op efwepdif nufi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom