As some of you already know, my Father passed away a few weeks ago, after the roughest ten years he could have possibly endured. To say my world turned upside down for a short while is an understatement. I spent a week in a complete fog, trying to come to peace with things and yet having to keep it together for my family (returning to a family members quiet and empty home after they pass is one of the saddest things you could ever experience). Needless to say, it has been a very rough month. I just wanted to say thank you to all of the members who reached out to me the past couple of weeks with PM's and emails, both here and on LP. It is overwhelming sometimes to see how much members of an online forum can pull together to support someone.
That being said, my Father was a mentor to me my entire life, and is the #1 reason I refuse to ever give up on anything. An Entrepreneur to the core, he refused to ever work for someone else, and spent years trying to convince my Family that he was on the verge of something big. Over the years, I think I was the only one in the family who ever truly understood him.. (to so many others, he was just a dreamer. A long-time failed entrepreneur who was too stubborn to give up). Neither of my parents went to college, so my family was very poor while I was growing up. With no savings or support to fall back on, my Dad used to tell me that although some of his ideas should have made him a millionaire; he was just "never able to weather the storm" and get his businesses off the ground. (one of the big reasons Im such an advocate now of having a SAFETY NET, ie; good credit score, open credit lines, savings to pay your bills those first couple of months, a degree to fall back on if s*@t hits the fan, etc.).
Looking back, I'm sure the arrival of my Twin sister and I on the scene in his 30's didnt help his financial situation. lol
Even in his last months when he knew he didnt have much time left, my Father continued to work hard on a book that he was SURE was going to turn his life around, as well as several other marketing/sales ventures he'd been working on for years.
Anyways, heres a :cheers: to a man that truly inspired me to break the norm, and someone Ive always looked up to. When I park a Lamborghini in my garage some day, Ill have him to thank for making me believe it was ever possible.
RIP Dad.
On a lighter note, I hope to be around alot more in the coming weeks. Ive missed you guys.
That being said, my Father was a mentor to me my entire life, and is the #1 reason I refuse to ever give up on anything. An Entrepreneur to the core, he refused to ever work for someone else, and spent years trying to convince my Family that he was on the verge of something big. Over the years, I think I was the only one in the family who ever truly understood him.. (to so many others, he was just a dreamer. A long-time failed entrepreneur who was too stubborn to give up). Neither of my parents went to college, so my family was very poor while I was growing up. With no savings or support to fall back on, my Dad used to tell me that although some of his ideas should have made him a millionaire; he was just "never able to weather the storm" and get his businesses off the ground. (one of the big reasons Im such an advocate now of having a SAFETY NET, ie; good credit score, open credit lines, savings to pay your bills those first couple of months, a degree to fall back on if s*@t hits the fan, etc.).
Looking back, I'm sure the arrival of my Twin sister and I on the scene in his 30's didnt help his financial situation. lol
Even in his last months when he knew he didnt have much time left, my Father continued to work hard on a book that he was SURE was going to turn his life around, as well as several other marketing/sales ventures he'd been working on for years.
Anyways, heres a :cheers: to a man that truly inspired me to break the norm, and someone Ive always looked up to. When I park a Lamborghini in my garage some day, Ill have him to thank for making me believe it was ever possible.
RIP Dad.
On a lighter note, I hope to be around alot more in the coming weeks. Ive missed you guys.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
