The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teen entrepreneurship

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fine young man

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 17, 2013
I started my online business when I was 16 myself (20 now). However, unlike you, I focused 100% on marketing, and to this day I don't know how to code. It never seemed like it was worth the time investment to me personally, I'd rather just hire other people to do the work for me.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn programming, just that it isn't absolutely necessary, especially with wordpress and everything being so easy these days.

Advice on parents: They'll never really take your business seriously until you start consistently pulling in significant amounts of money. Applies to most other people too. They'll just think you're falling for some stupid scam, or that you're delusional. Don't let that discourage you, because it'll all change once you show them the money :) At least that was my experience.

And last, I don't think you should wait that long to start the business. Like one other poster said, nothing beats experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I started my online business when I was 16 myself (20 now). However, unlike you, I focused 100% on marketing, and to this day I don't know how to code. It never seemed like it was worth the time investment to me personally, I'd rather just hire other people to do the work for me.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn programming, just that it isn't absolutely necessary, especially with wordpress and everything being so easy these days.

Advice on parents: They'll never really take your business seriously until you start consistently pulling in significant amounts of money. Applies to most other people too. They'll just think you're falling for some stupid scam, or that you're delusional. Don't let that discourage you, because it'll all change once you show them the money :) At least that was my experience.

And last, I don't think you should wait that long to start the business. Like one other poster said, nothing beats experience.
That motivation shot! Thanks.
I stopped learning coding a week ago and I'm focusing on sales/marketing.
Reading Ca$hvertising at the moment :)

Last edited:

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
I'm 16 right now and have been at it for around 6 years. I made my first game arcade when I was 10 for my friends at school and I've been building businesses and sites ever since. My biggest success was making $800 or so last summer with my business and I'm re-building that same business right now.

Good luck man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.