With many ideas randomly going throughout my head the past few weeks, here is one I just recently thought of. Will it be fastlane? No. Will it get the juices flowing and teach me some skills? Yes.
My idea is an eBook teaching people how to effectively talk to their psychiatrist. Time and time again at my job, people always have problems with their psychiatrist forcing meds on them, not listening to their side effects, etc. I can tell that a lot of them probably talk aggressively and not effectively, which doesn't allow them to take charge in their recovery.
I could compile a short eBook of about 30 to 40 pages filled with content, step-by-step guide, and advice for talking in these situations. I could interview and ask questions to all the people I come into contact through my job about the problems they have with psychiatrists and solve the most common ones.
I could also call up Psychiatrists and say, "Hi, I'm so-and-so and I'm teaching people how to communicate with healthcare providers in a more personable manner. Would you mind if I asked you a few things that you have seen prevent your clients from communicating with you effectively?" I'm sure they'd love to share with me their views.
I could then give away my eBook for free to people and ask them what they think, get feedback, refine, and get testimonials.
I would establish myself as an "expert" using my job and own life experience (no I don't take any medications).
I could go onto forums and start answering threads that deal with this issue. If I help them enough, and they keep asking me for advice, I could direct them to my website and eBook.
My only question is: How do you test ideas like this in the "market" to see if people would be willing to buy it? I searched for it on google and saw a few sites address the issue, but they all did it quite poorly in my opinion. I searched on Amazon "How to Talk to Your Psychiatrist" and it didn't bring anything up.
Any ideas?
My idea is an eBook teaching people how to effectively talk to their psychiatrist. Time and time again at my job, people always have problems with their psychiatrist forcing meds on them, not listening to their side effects, etc. I can tell that a lot of them probably talk aggressively and not effectively, which doesn't allow them to take charge in their recovery.
I could compile a short eBook of about 30 to 40 pages filled with content, step-by-step guide, and advice for talking in these situations. I could interview and ask questions to all the people I come into contact through my job about the problems they have with psychiatrists and solve the most common ones.
I could also call up Psychiatrists and say, "Hi, I'm so-and-so and I'm teaching people how to communicate with healthcare providers in a more personable manner. Would you mind if I asked you a few things that you have seen prevent your clients from communicating with you effectively?" I'm sure they'd love to share with me their views.
I could then give away my eBook for free to people and ask them what they think, get feedback, refine, and get testimonials.
I would establish myself as an "expert" using my job and own life experience (no I don't take any medications).
I could go onto forums and start answering threads that deal with this issue. If I help them enough, and they keep asking me for advice, I could direct them to my website and eBook.
My only question is: How do you test ideas like this in the "market" to see if people would be willing to buy it? I searched for it on google and saw a few sites address the issue, but they all did it quite poorly in my opinion. I searched on Amazon "How to Talk to Your Psychiatrist" and it didn't bring anything up.
Any ideas?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
