The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teaching People how to Talk to Psychiatrists --> Make Money?

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
With many ideas randomly going throughout my head the past few weeks, here is one I just recently thought of. Will it be fastlane? No. Will it get the juices flowing and teach me some skills? Yes.

My idea is an eBook teaching people how to effectively talk to their psychiatrist. Time and time again at my job, people always have problems with their psychiatrist forcing meds on them, not listening to their side effects, etc. I can tell that a lot of them probably talk aggressively and not effectively, which doesn't allow them to take charge in their recovery.

I could compile a short eBook of about 30 to 40 pages filled with content, step-by-step guide, and advice for talking in these situations. I could interview and ask questions to all the people I come into contact through my job about the problems they have with psychiatrists and solve the most common ones.

I could also call up Psychiatrists and say, "Hi, I'm so-and-so and I'm teaching people how to communicate with healthcare providers in a more personable manner. Would you mind if I asked you a few things that you have seen prevent your clients from communicating with you effectively?" I'm sure they'd love to share with me their views.

I could then give away my eBook for free to people and ask them what they think, get feedback, refine, and get testimonials.

I would establish myself as an "expert" using my job and own life experience (no I don't take any medications).

I could go onto forums and start answering threads that deal with this issue. If I help them enough, and they keep asking me for advice, I could direct them to my website and eBook.

My only question is: How do you test ideas like this in the "market" to see if people would be willing to buy it? I searched for it on google and saw a few sites address the issue, but they all did it quite poorly in my opinion. I searched on Amazon "How to Talk to Your Psychiatrist" and it didn't bring anything up.

Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
Do it man. Who says a ebook isn't fast lane? You would be surprised. I think you found a valid need. Do not even write the whole ebook, just create a minimum viable product that intrigues your customer, just a one-page website would do wonders with some excerpts on some of the benefits of reading your ebook. Then market the crap out of your website, listen to your customers, and find out their real needs and write valuable solutions. Try to "sell" your ebook before its written. Your ebook will probably have a much different feel when its completed than what your thinking right now. Get them to sign up with their email, maybe even give away some to your first few followers for their willingness to stay with you during that month, or maybe half off or something. Tell them the full release will be out in a month. If you get any signups then you know your onto something. Your only going to get other guesses and hypothesis from us on this forum, the only way to truly find out is to EXECUTE.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
What is your job?

Do you think it is the patient or the doctor (who is billed per patient, no?) who decides whether they should start talking about the pills.

What exactly is the advice here? Are we talking about therapy, because that is where decision to recommend pills comes from first, or am I off?

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey guys, this is pretty old and I have since abandoned the idea.

I have another idea I need to test the market for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.