The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking adderall is the fastest way to fastlane

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've taken a variety of prescription drugs for depression in my 20's. Not a single one came with no side effects. One of them worked pretty well, but would zap my brain every time I moved my head. (wasn't painful, just disorienting). Some of them left me by-far more depressed than where I started.

I'm guessing that Adderall is the same. Unless you're desperate and can't concentrate at all, its probably not worth it to get on this stuff.

(And no, Adderall isn't Meth. Its Speed.)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Taking what is essentially crystal speed just to focus a little longer on whatever the hell you happen to be working on... really?

No, like... seriously?

Caffeine, for most people, is good enough.

I mean, I can understand if you have a serious issue focusing to the point where it's causing you to fail your classes and get fired from your work, but I don't see why you need such a strong drug in order to focus on your business?

You guys don't need drugs, or motivation: you need an action plan and daily structure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
This thread started August 10, 2011...

It is incredibly scary to think this is still a subject after the years but it is also very telling that we are still so deeply ingrained in the idea of "better living through chemistry".

I don't presume to make anyone wrong. You want to take drugs -- take the drugs. You want to drink -- go ahead and drink. But maybe I can pose a couple of questions...

How many of you know someone in your life (or multiple people) who take anti-depressants but they're still depressed?

How many people (and/or kids) do you know in your life who are on attention/focusing drugs... and yet they still have trouble paying attention?

We asked this question in a room of 9,000 people this past weekend and 98% of people raised their hand. I'm guessing the other 2% were too high to raise their hand ;).

Depression and lack of focus is not a disease... it's a mental and physiological state (Better grab the pitchforks because this is an unpopular truth). And it's easy to prove because even the most depressed people "clinically depressed" have had times in their lives where they were NOT depressed... same thing with people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (in fact, I've worked with literally 20,000+ children who had this diagnosis) -- there have been things they can focus on 100% for hours on end.

While these challenges pop up for two separate reasons (depression being a state and ADD having more to do with the hardwired learning process i.e. kinesthetic) they both have the same root source: a pattern of physiology, a pattern of focus, and a pattern of language.

Not saying that you have to -- but if you wanted to -- you can accomplish any physiological and emotional response but taking control of your state. Pay attention to the moment you ARE focused (without the drugs) and the times you AREN'T depressed (without the drugs) as to what's happening with your physiology, focus, and language.

And the best part is, if you just train yourself to put your body in these positions, breathe in these ways, focus on these things, and use that language -- you can eliminate either one of these without the drugs.

... if you want to. If not... enjoy the meth ;)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This thread started August 10, 2011...

It is incredibly scary to think this is still a subject after the years but it is also very telling that we are still so deeply ingrained in the idea of "better living through chemistry".

I don't presume to make anyone wrong. You want to take drugs -- take the drugs. You want to drink -- go ahead and drink. But maybe I can pose a couple of questions...

How many of you know someone in your life (or multiple people) who take anti-depressants but they're still depressed?

How many people (and/or kids) do you know in your life who are on attention/focusing drugs... and yet they still have trouble paying attention?

We asked this question in a room of 9,000 people this past weekend and 98% of people raised their hand. I'm guessing the other 2% were too high to raise their hand ;).

Depression and lack of focus is not a disease... it's a mental and physiological state (Better grab the pitchforks because this is an unpopular truth). And it's easy to prove because even the most depressed people "clinically depressed" have had times in their lives where they were NOT depressed... same thing with people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (in fact, I've worked with literally 20,000+ children who had this diagnosis) -- there have been things they can focus on 100% for hours on end.

While these challenges pop up for two separate reasons (depression being a state and ADD having more to do with the hardwired learning process i.e. kinesthetic) they both have the same root source: a pattern of physiology, a pattern of focus, and a pattern of language.

Not saying that you have to -- but if you wanted to -- you can accomplish any physiological and emotional response but taking control of your state. Pay attention to the moment you ARE focused (without the drugs) and the times you AREN'T depressed (without the drugs) as to what's happening with your physiology, focus, and language.

And the best part is, if you just train yourself to put your body in these positions, breathe in these ways, focus on these things, and use that language -- you can eliminate either one of these without the drugs.

... if you want to. If not... enjoy the meth ;)
yup. I'm no longer clinically depressed because I dont engage in the same thought patterns and behaviors I did back when I was depressed.

Frushe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 8, 2016
What is this post? If you need drugs to get things done you are F*cked. Think what would happen if the drug didnt exist. What would you do? Lay down and wish to be dead? You need to have the self motivation and discipline to do things. If you want shit done just focus on it. Like the book said and I completely agree you are tackling the symptom. The symptom is you cant focus, so your logic is to solve the symptom with a drug but not the real problem.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Probably the best drug out there when times get tough....

photo.jpg

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
It seems a lot of this conversation is focused on taking Adderall consistently compared against never using it, I don't see it as a binary decision. A lot of people are taking a hard line that it's never acceptable and some sort of character weakness? I don't see that as necessarily true.

I occasionally have an alcoholic drink while writing. It's not because I need it to be productive and creative, but some days it sounds nice, loosens my gears up a bit, and helps me find my flow state. Am I suddenly an unhealthy, work-cheating, weakling alcoholic who's on the path to a life of ruin? Nah.

Lots of individuals consume massive doses of caffeine every day to the point they get the jitters without it, yet people rarely bat an eye or pass such harsh judgements of character. Why? Because it's less potent? Addicts are still dependent on the substance and negatively impacted. How is it any better?

There's a time and place for certain sub-groups of people to use adderall, or any other drug. If it's not ruining your life and actually helping you be more productive or happier on occasion then how can I judge you for that? There's nothing inherently wrong with substances, the problems and character weaknesses only arise if they control and limit your potential. It's up to you as an individual to decide where your boundaries are and what works for you.

Just a few thoughts, cheers.

Last edited:

MAU

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Mar 10, 2016
Silver Spring Maryland
The side effects of Adderall are not appealing at all and whenever I'm on the drug, sitting down isn't what I want to be doing. I want to be dancing and doing other things that are normally not business related. Not to mention it's highly addictive. I would recommend people try phenylpiracetam, piracetam or modafinil — all of which are Nootropics. They have less of a potential to be physically addictive... AND... they're legal. No prescription required.

Depends on where you are located, in the United states a prescription is required for Modafinil. That being said there are 'Off Label " uses that someone looking for focus would benefit from.
MAU

Rudynate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Depends on where you are located, in the United states a prescription is required for Modafinil. That being said there are 'Off Label " uses that someone looking for focus would benefit from.
MAU

There are lots of offshore sources for modafinil.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Ah yes, I meant to say that phenylpiracetam and piracetam are legal. My bad.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Am I right to assume someone who needs a Xanax every now and then probably shouldn't be using this stuff?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.