The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sustaining Great Energy Levels?

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Eat a lot of fats and cycle zinc. This is the zinc I use. If you train then keep carbs low on off days.
First class posture.
Calisthenics.
Cold showers because it takes balls and willpower.
What's with all these affiliate links lately?? WTF?

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
Guys, for Fotis shake, stop suggesting supplements for low testosterone. If someone has symptoms of low testosterone, he should go and do a blood test. If then he actually has low test, he can start testosterone replacement therapy. If it's a diet thing, either invest some money on getting a sound nutritional plan or log your foods into an online food journal and see if you have deficiencies.

As for energy, it depends. Low/high GI/GL are bullshit and they have zero relevance to you, unless you got some specific health problems.

If you want to maintain high levels of energy during the day, then experiment with relatively small meals and try to keep them low carb (less than 25-30 grams of carbs). If you are active during your day you can eat some carbs more. I believe that I have seen some studies that ketogenic diets help with mind clarity so you can also look them up. The reality is that if you have a sedentary lifestyle (lifting weights for 3-4 hours weekly is NOT considered active) you can eat most of your carbs during dinner and have no problem

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not necessarily saying gluten is bad for everyone, however, with the amount of people who are intolerant or have negative effects from it I couldn't call it the healthiest protein. I would say there are more benefits with beans, lentils, and nuts then gluten. Most diet stuff is pretty much surrounded by money, however, if you think of it in a simple term of evolution, we weren't evolved to eat a lot of processed food which lends credibility to paleo diets and such. I eat gluten and don't have negative impacts, however, I still think there are healthier choices in food. Here's an interesting artice.

Harvard Study

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I'm not necessarily saying gluten is bad for everyone, however, with the amount of people who are intolerant or have negative effects from it I couldn't call it the healthiest protein. I would say there are more benefits with beans, lentils, and nuts then gluten. Most diet stuff is pretty much surrounded by money, however, if you think of it in a simple term of evolution, we weren't evolved to eat a lot of processed food which lends credibility to paleo diets and such. I eat gluten and don't have negative impacts, however, I still think there are healthier choices in food. Here's an interesting artice.

Harvard Study
The basis of your argument is gluten is bad because of the number of people with sensitivity, which is simply an allergy. You then suggest nuts as a healthier alternative. However this doesn't make any sense because gluten allergy impacts approximately 0.4% of the population while nut allergies impact 1.1% of the population.

Gluten as the evil mojo is almost all marketing hype, one that a huge proportion of the population has bought into.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Besides sleep and good health habits, having a good, clear plan will give you more mental energy and drive you to get more things done. I watched some videos on business strategy and I thought about strategy. I also thought about my own business experience and what the top competitors are doing. Then I wrote down all the elements of my new business strategy and also wrote down alternate strategies to compare with. So now that I have a clear idea what to do and I'm convinced that my plan is good, I can get more stuff done, because now I'm definitely set on a strong direction and there's no confusion anymore, at least not about the next few years.

J. van Driessen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 14, 2014
Enthusiasm and a sh!tload of coffee.
Personally, I never drink coffee. (btw a friend told me that a study shows you would live longer if you drink max. 3 cups of coffee a day).
I drink cold water instead while working.

I definitely agree with the enthusiasm thing. When I had just purchased the ecommerce business I own now, I had taken 2 weeks of holidays to work on it (I was still doing a slowlane job then). I always put my alarm and got out of bed easily because I was so excited to work on my business.

You should experiment with smoothies. I've been drinking smoothies almost everyday for 3 months now. I'd make about half a liter and drink that during work in the morning. The time you spend in making the smoothie is saved by not having to take the time to have breakfast. It's also a great way to get your vitamins. You should put both fruits and vegetables (like spinach and lettuce) in your smoothie.

nausbot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 7, 2013
London, Canada
Personally, I never drink coffee. (btw a friend told me that a study shows you would live longer if you drink max. 3 cups of coffee a day).
I drink cold water instead while working.

I definitely agree with the enthusiasm thing. When I had just purchased the ecommerce business I own now, I had taken 2 weeks of holidays to work on it (I was still doing a slowlane job then). I always put my alarm and got out of bed easily because I was so excited to work on my business.

You should experiment with smoothies. I've been drinking smoothies almost everyday for 3 months now. I'd make about half a liter and drink that during work in the morning. The time you spend in making the smoothie is saved by not having to take the time to have breakfast. It's also a great way to get your vitamins. You should put both fruits and vegetables (like spinach and lettuce) in your smoothie.

Funny you wrote this, since I've definitely cut my daily coffee routine in half AND added smoothies that have definitely boosted energy all around.

How? I actually start the day with a glass of lemon water (~8oz) before a bulletproof coffee - before, I'd drink 16oz and take 16oz to work. So that's changed my immediate morning.

Smoothie wise- I'm using smoothies right now as a meal replacement and I think that all the vitamins are definitely beneficial for the whole body to be working at peak capacity, so I hear what you're saying there as well.

While coffee is nice, I'm thinking about cutting it out altogether - at least, think about that as an experiment. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it would be nice to feel an extra rush from a normal cup of coffee once again (4+ 16oz a day up until recently)

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
Guys, for Fotis shake, stop suggesting supplements for low testosterone. If someone has symptoms of low testosterone, he should go and do a blood test. If then he actually has low test, he can start testosterone replacement therapy. If it's a diet thing, either invest some money on getting a sound nutritional plan or log your foods into an online food journal and see if you have deficiencies.If you want to maintain high levels of energy during the day, then experiment with relatively small meals and try to keep them low carb (less than 25-30 grams of carbs). If you are active during your day you can eat some carbs more. I believe that I have seen some studies that ketogenic diets help with mind clarity so you can also look them up. The reality is that if you have a sedentary lifestyle (lifting weights for 3-4 hours weekly is NOT considered active) you can eat most of your carbs during dinner and have no problem

Supplements are more efficient and cheaper than food if he has a deficiency in anything. There are also tons of ways to increase and decrease testosterone and the hormone can fluctuate a lot. Also advising people to go on testosterone treatment before trying anything else is just plain stupid. The treatment involves injecting yourself with needles 1-2 a week for the rest of your life because the injection REPLACES testosterone and shuts down your bodies normal production. If you quit the treatment you can end up having even lower levels.

That said I dont think low testosterone is the problem at all.

Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Vegetable juice. Get a masticating juice machine and juice vegetables. It's great for your health and gives you more energy to get work done. The energy it gives you lasts a long time. I think everyone should do this because otherwise I don't think you can get all the nutrition you need. It definitely makes me feel better after I drink a couple of glasses. Exercise is good too. Also get sunshine and vitamin D3 pills for vitamin D. Avoid all processed food, flour, and caffeine. Buy organic veggies & organic meat.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Meditation (learning to breathe properly), sprinting. eating a solid diet(invest in a juicer and mix a ton of veggies)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I drink my own brand of energy drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I have a couple different things that work for me:

BP coffee
Energy light/Sun lamp
Exercise
Meditation
Good, healthy diet - vegetables seem to give me the most energy, fats give me the most mental clarity. I eat mostly Paleo.
If I'm desperate, dumping my head in a bowl of cold water does the trick for a while - or a cold shower - something to shock the system

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Diet wise I am paleo-ish with an emphasis on healthy fats, fresh vegetables and tons of cold filtered water.

I like the [HASHTAG]#JERF[/HASHTAG] mantra which is just eat real food. I also tend to avoid gluten, which can have a significant impact on your energy levels.

Day to day:

Wake up and take 2 CILTEP / 1 Smart Caffeine (my company)

Then I'll fall back to sleep for ~ 10 minutes and wake up fully juiced and ready to go.

I like to hit my email and take care of any fires / plan my day before hitting the gym.

Working out every day is important. I take some BCAAs pre-workout as I try to follow the leangains intermittent fasting protocol.

Then it's lunch which is usually a Bulletproof Coffee + some greens and a protein.

More work followed by dinner and third dinner Hobbit style.

Takeaways:

Workout every single day

Take supplements to address deficiency (+1 to get blood tested)

Maintain the same sleep / eating schedule

Try ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, bulletproof diet

When you feel it.... grind and get to work.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I switched to a paleo way of eating 2 years ago & never looked back. It changed my world. And those of you that know me personally know I'm not prone to exaggeration. Every single aspect of my life improved when I changed my diet: mental clarity, sleep, skin, weight, emotions, energy, motivation, etc, etc, etc. It's just been fine-tuning since then with things like bulletproof coffee, Natural Stacks (like Ben mentioned above), removing personal products that utilize chemicals (I make some of my own products now, so I can control the ingredients).

The afternoon slump is no more. Brain fog is no more (unless I relapse into old ways with a non-paleo meal and, even then, I feel like such shit afterward that my resolve is strengthened all the more).

Changing my diet to exclude inflammatory foods & sugar is, single-handedly, the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. Period.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Yesterday I felt mentally exhausted..
I needed a time out. having just worked for the past 7 hours straight.
I decided to take a nap.

I was mulling over my biggest problem while lying in my bed.
and then BOOM! It hit me!
I jotted it down in a notebook, and made an outline.

The outline got me so excited, I had to start working!

For me, the biggest energy boost comes from raw enthusiasm.
After that, The more energized I already am, the more energized I get.
When I think of something that really excites me I end up pacing back and forth, talking to myself, getting a crapload of work done.

The inertia works both ways. In the morning, before I'm excited about work, it's hard to get started. That's where my morning ritual comes in:
2 eggs, 2 toast, dunkin donuts coffee, and listening to trivia podcasts.

Something about trivia and random facts jumpstarts my brain and introduces new ideas which get me excited to start the day.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Starting my day with Bulletproof Coffee has been a life-changer for my energy throughout the day. Another part of that life-changing sustained energy has been that once the hunger finally starts up a few hours after the coffee, I take Athletic Greens before making food. I also drink Yerba Maté a t least a couple of times a day.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
As I've gotten more into entrepreneurship I've noticed how absolutely crucial it is to to maintain high energy levels throughout the day to stay productive and moving towards our goals.

Does anyone here know some good hacks so sustain great energy levels throughout the day?

I've lately been feeling really lazy and unproductive and I hate it.

Does Gluten or wheat in our diets effect energy levels? I've heard this topic many times on various podcasts.

DIET is extremely important. Keeping toxins out as well. having full range of B Complex, C, D, minerals, also crucial
when you do too much caffeine all the time you also force this stuff out of your body quicker. guys at the top of the pyramid love that because it means more nutrition related disease.

many have talked about lowering sugar and carbs and wheat and instead shooting for higher fat/protein levels

less insulin spikes= less change to crash so you turn more into a fat burner which is higher octane:)

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I switched to a paleo way of eating 2 years ago & never looked back. It changed my world. And those of you that know me personally know I'm not prone to exaggeration. Every single aspect of my life improved when I changed my diet: mental clarity, sleep, skin, weight, emotions, energy, motivation, etc, etc, etc. It's just been fine-tuning since then with things like bulletproof coffee, Natural Stacks (like Ben mentioned above), removing personal products that utilize chemicals (I make some of my own products now, so I can control the ingredients).

The afternoon slump is no more. Brain fog is no more (unless I relapse into old ways with a non-paleo meal and, even then, I feel like such shit afterward that my resolve is strengthened all the more).

Changing my diet to exclude inflammatory foods & sugar is, single-handedly, the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. Period.

What kind of foods do you eat on paleo diet?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
What kind of foods do you eat on paleo diet?

Meat, veggies & fruit. Nothing processed. Google something like "paleo meals/recipes" & you'll get the idea. It takes some effort the first 30 days, then it just becomes a way of life as you expand your awareness/recipe book. Best change of my life. Worth reading up about & implementing, especially if you struggle with energy, mental fog, depression, weight, etc, etc.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Meat, veggies & fruit. Nothing processed. Google something like "paleo meals/recipes" & you'll get the idea. It takes some effort the first 30 days, then it just becomes a way of life as you expand your awareness/recipe book. Best change of my life. Worth reading up about & implementing, especially if you struggle with energy, mental fog, depression, weight, etc, etc.

Yeah i've heard it's great for energy, brain fog, and depression.

I would start it right away, but i'm a bodybuilder so i have to be on a caloric surplus every day and get a lot of carbs. How can i get a lot of carbs on paleo? Just eat a lot of sweet potatos?

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Diet right and workout.

Honestly those two things had the most impact on my energy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.