The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sustaining Great Energy Levels?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I would start it right away, but i'm a bodybuilder so i have to be on a caloric surplus every day and get a lot of carbs. How can i get a lot of carbs on paleo? Just eat a lot of sweet potatos?

This is outside my area of expertise, as I lift, but I'm not a body builder (I'm also a woman) -every guy I know who switched to paleo saw a pretty impressive rise in testosterone (doctors words, not mine), as it seems that processed foods screw with the body's production of hormones in both sexes & often mimics thyroid malfunction.

I would do more googling (paleo + bodybuilding), as the info is out there. I know I personally can't go too low with carbs or I get the "keto-rash" or, pruritis pigmentos (finally figured out the legit name after having a 2nd time in two years). I make a concerted effort to add carbs & fat to every meal, as it's just the way I function best.

An optimal diet is such a personal & highly-customized thing, you really have to be your own guinea pig & figure out how you feel best. There's a lot of good info online but there's also a LOT of bullshit. Don't count anything out until you've tried it for 30 days, and then, listen to what your body tells you, because it will tell you.

Diet right and workout.

Yes, everybody innately "knows" this. The breakdown occurs in the fact that, for the years previous to finding Paleo, I was "eating right" (quinoa, whole grains, limited meat, veggies, low-fat, blah blah blah) -and that got me depressed, mentally compromised, squishy (I wasn't even fat, so I even looked "healthy" while I was anything but) & just generally fatigued & feeling like shit. There's so much mis-information out there about what's good for the human body, you pretty much have to figure it out for yourself, but for me, paleo was an excellent road map to start my journey to health, wellness & living life again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, everybody innately "knows" this. The breakdown occurs in the fact that, for the years previous to finding Paleo, I was "eating right" (quinoa, whole grains, limited meat, veggies, low-fat, blah blah blah) -and that got me depressed, mentally compromised, squishy (I wasn't even fat, so I even looked "healthy" while I was anything but) & just generally fatigued & feeling like shit. There's so much mis-information out there about what's good for the human body, you pretty much have to figure it out for yourself, but for me, paleo was an excellent road map to start my journey to health, wellness & living life again.

I agree. I actually hired a nutritionist to help me. There is more misinformation than actual solid advice out there. Get to know what works for your body.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.