The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sustaining Great Energy Levels?

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
As I've gotten more into entrepreneurship I've noticed how absolutely crucial it is to to maintain high energy levels throughout the day to stay productive and moving towards our goals.

Does anyone here know some good hacks so sustain great energy levels throughout the day?

I've lately been feeling really lazy and unproductive and I hate it.

Does Gluten or wheat in our diets effect energy levels? I've heard this topic many times on various podcasts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
You're on the right track I'd say worrying about diet, I think it has the most impact. Gluten may not be the healthiest protein for our bodies, but I think as long as you keep it whole grain and go for low G.I. carbs, you shouldn't have a problem affecting energy. Soluble fiber in vegetables like leafy greens, broccoli, and asparagus can help even out spikes from carbs.
Stress level too, if meditating isn't your thing try to find a downtime where you don't have to focus on anything and can just empty/clear your mind. You'd be surprised how it might help out your entire energy levels.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
You're on the right track I'd say worrying about diet, I think it has the most impact. Gluten may not be the healthiest protein for our bodies, but I think as long as you keep it whole grain and go for low G.I. carbs, you shouldn't have a problem affecting energy. Soluble fiber in vegetables like leafy greens, broccoli, and asparagus can help even out spikes from carbs.
Stress level too, if meditating isn't your thing try to find a downtime where you don't have to focus on anything and can just empty/clear your mind. You'd be surprised how it might help out your entire energy levels.

Thanks for the reply.

My mother has geliacs, so there might be a possibility that im gluten sensetive? Every morning after breakfast i get this massive fatigue i just want to g back to bed.. And i get brainfog also often.

I meditate every day its great :)

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply.

My mother has geliacs, so there might be a possibility that im gluten sensetive? Every morning after breakfast i get this massive fatigue i just want to g back to bed.. And i get brainfog also often.

I meditate every day its great :)
What do you eat for breakfast?
I don't do breakfast anymore. It drains me.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
What do you eat for breakfast?

Well im a bodybuilder so i eat eggs and little bit of bacon, and oatmeal which is full of gluten..

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
Actually, oatmeal has no gluten whatsoever. So if oatmeal is really affecting you that much, I would say you have a carb sensitivity. Usually a lack of proper minerals can really let carb spikes drain you, so what I'd recommend is starting your day off with a green smoothie. Take spinach, kale, broccoli or some other greens and mix with a banana and some berries or whatever fruit you like, and blend them up. It will provide an amazing amount of vitamins and minerals and let your body process the carbs much better throughout the day.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Actually, oatmeal has no gluten whatsoever. So if oatmeal is really affecting you that much, I would say you have a carb sensitivity. Usually a lack of proper minerals can really let carb spikes drain you, so what I'd recommend is starting your day off with a green smoothie. Take spinach, kale, broccoli or some other greens and mix with a banana and some berries or whatever fruit you like, and blend them up. It will provide an amazing amount of vitamins and minerals and let your body process the carbs much better throughout the day.

Most oats has gluten, at least here in finland.

Thanks for that green juice tip thats great ill have to try it!

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
Most oats has gluten, at least here in finland.

Thanks for that green juice tip thats great ill have to try it!
Hmm that's really odd as gluten comes from wheat and oatmeal doesn't come from wheat. Do they add other ingredients to them or something?

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Hmm that's really odd as gluten comes from wheat and oatmeal doesn't come from wheat. Do they add other ingredients to them or something?

I dont know but i read online that they do some wierd cross thing with the oats so a little gluten gets involved..

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
Get 8 hours of sleep, eat lean and healthy. All I usually eat is Eggs, steak, chicken, and some decaff coffee for the taste. Make sure you exercise. Seems to keep me in check. oh BTW when your getting your sleep, you want to make your schedule consistent, or your circadian rhythms will get screwed up(I think it's those :D ). I'm generally lazier if I go to sleep an hour or two after my designated bed time regardless of whether I sleep 8 hours or not.

GratefulScorpio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 12, 2014
great tips here, I can use myself!

What we eat is SO important you can take it easily for granted!

We all heard this one: we are what we eat!

But I recently heard that's wrong, it's we are what we can digest!

what do you guys think?

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
But I recently heard that's wrong, it's we are what we can digest!
what do you guys think?
Personally, I try what I think would work for me (using what I learned researching), then if not, I try another one until I find what works.
So far, what works for me is going alkaline e.g. green juice, alkaline food - also helped me with my digestion problems.

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014

I can confirm this.
I refuse to eat anything unless I get something done first.

Your metabolism might be different though.
Give it a shot and see if using food as a reward AFTER you've completed your tasks works for you.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Have you tried bulletproof coffee? Personally I haven't but I heard its great for sustaining energy levels...Although people usually drink it instead of eating breakfast I think (intermittent fasting)

I've been having health issues recently, found out I have adrenal fatigue and Fatty liver disease, check these two and your thyroid.
Also, check out the Leptin Diet.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Doing what you're interested in lets you go all day everyday at it. If you're unmotivated it just means you're not passionate about the thing you're doing. Do something else. Having other people doing it with you as partners and relying on you helps too.

Coffee and red bull for the extra push.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
High test by doing what?
eo9n02.jpg

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
For my job I gotta be healthy and energetic all day long,(That is my work day is from 8 am till 1-2 am.)

- Sleep as much as you can, even a 7 minute powernap will help.
- Put your feet up in the air in your rest time.
- Eat healthy (Primal- lots of organic meats, veggies and fruits, the rest of the foods are things you don't need.)
- Perform at least 3-4 times a week Circuit High intensity training, I used to do 15 exercises per circuit, going all out. perfect technique, as many rounds as possible untill I just could not continue anymore - Never had as much energy as back when i did it. Now I do HIIT as it takes less time, but I also have less energy than with the circuit stuff)

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

I'm curious where you came up with these theories? Gluten is just a protein, similar to many other proteins that we ingest. Some people have an allergy to gluten, just like some people have an allergy to peanuts, or strawberries, or shellfish, or eggs, or whatever. However, just because someone somewhere is allergic to something does not make it unhealthy to the rest of the population. If someone is allergic then for that person exposure will cause a reaction by the body. The prevalence of this allergy has been documented as being 1 out of every 250 people roughly, so for 249 out of 250 people having gluten in your diet is of absolutely zero consequence.

If someone has Celiac disease, then there are specific blood tests that can help diagnosis it. These blood tests are simply tests looking for the antibodies produced by the body that cause the allergy. Celiac disease and glutten allergy is all the rage right now, how or why this came to be I have no idea, but it will probably run it's course like many other things and 20 years from now no one will be talking about it anymore and the marketing machine will have moved on to something else.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/1215/p2259.html

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Celiac disease and glutten allergy is all the rage right now, how or why this came to be I have no idea, but it will probably run it's course like many other things and 20 years from now no one will be talking about it anymore and the marketing machine will have moved on to something else.
Because there's money in it. Like paleo.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Because there's money in it. Like paleo.

Well, this I agree with, but what I meant was why celiac was the poster child for the marketing machine instead of all the other candidates out there for marketing hysteria.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Well, this I agree with, but what I meant was why celiac was the poster child for the marketing machine instead of all the other candidates out there for marketing hysteria.
I think it's a combination of factors. On one side, carbs are the enemies in a world that is either morbidly obese or attention whoring on instagram. Also in recent years there has been an increment of diagnoses of celiac disease, with more awareness. Awareness means a new market. You have an enemy, and petty reasons for people to care about it.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I think it's a combination of factors. On one side, carbs are the enemies in a world that is either morbidly obese or attention whoring on instagram. Also in recent years there has been an increment of diagnoses of celiac disease, with more awareness. Awareness means a new market. You have an enemy, and petty reasons for people to care about it.

Why are carbs the enemy? Calories are the enemy, carbs are the event of the moment. Everything runs it's cycle...fat/carbs/protein. All the fad diets are marketing wonders to convince us to eat different. It's genius from a marketing prospective, and provides a great case study for how human psychology and marketing play hand in hand.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Does Gluten or wheat in our diets effect energy levels? I've heard this topic many times on various podcasts.
It depends on your tolerance levels.

I know, personally, that if I have to much refined sugar or wheat in a short time frame, I'm lethargic and lazy all day. It could even make me sick.

I also know if I mix too much caffeine and sugar, regardless the temperature of the drink, I get cold sweats. It could be 20 degrees F out and I'll be pouring sweat.

All in all, it comes to knowing your body. No macro-strategy, diet plan or supplement will help you unless you know yourself.

A good example, did you know that there are some people who are deathly allergic to eating any type of fruit? Yeah eating a banana could kill them. Though it's usually not so severe.
But wait, most of the common diets recommend eating fruit daily. They should eat fruit then right?

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Why are carbs the enemy? Calories are the enemy, carbs are the event of the moment. Everything runs it's cycle...fat/carbs/protein. All the fad diets are marketing wonders to convince us to eat different.
Carbs are the enemy because it's how people get fat. Yeah, I know, processed sugars, blahblah. Doesn't matter. People looked in the mirror and blamed the stuff that they ate, which was made of carbs, and not the sugar in it. Then I guess someone decided to capitalize on it, made a lot of money, and there you go.
It's genius from a marketing prospective, and provides a great case study for how human psychology and marketing play hand in hand.
Yes. Perception is everything.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Carbs are not the enemy, calories are the enemy...carbs are just one source of calories. You could literally eat a diet completely out of pure sugar and lose weight. You just have to keep your calories consumed less than the calories you burn and you WILL lose weight.

Low carb this, low fat that...it's all marketing trying to make the work of dieting (process) seem like it can be accomplished without work by buying something low-this or low-that (event).

And yet, America gets more obese decade after decade...but why, it's because the more we believe we can lose weight by some product or another, we lose sight of the fact that it is ALL about calories and actually end up consuming more, not less, and the end result is fatter people.

Now if you want to talk about being healthy not just skinny, then sugar probably plays a role. There does appear to be a link to diets high in sugar with heart disease and other health issues.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Carbs are not the enemy, calories are the enemy...carbs are just one source of calories. You could literally eat a diet completely out of pure sugar and lose weight. You just have to keep your calories consumed less than the calories you burn and you WILL lose weight.

Low carb this, low fat that...it's all marketing trying to make the work of dieting (process) seem like it can be accomplished without work by buying something low-this or low-that (event).

And yet, America gets more obese decade after decade...but why, it's because the more we believe we can lose weight by some product or another, we lose sight of the fact that it is ALL about calories and actually end up consuming more, not less, and the end result is fatter people.

Now if you want to talk about being healthy not just skinny, then sugar probably plays a role. There does appear to be a link to diets high in sugar with heart disease and other health issues.
Man, I know, no need to educate me.
Eating like a pig is the enemy. The bad relationship with food. That's the enemy.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
protip: don't drink too much hot wine punch at the christmas market at noon on a sunday with your martial arts group if you want to get work done in the afternoon. I speak from recent experience lol. :embarrased:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.