The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Survey: What Do You Find Annoying Working With Web Designers / Developers?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I wrote a long post but deleted it because it was full of irrelevant background info. I've done quite a bit of full-stack web design with PHP and SQL myself, but it's not my current job. The company I work for has been fighting for months with our contracted web designers because they:
  1. Have no eye for design or just don't care about design (distasteful animations, bad color contrasts, broken responsiveness). We gave them another site to copy. They come back a month late and in half an hour I had almost 1000 words describing what was required to fix their "finished product".
  2. Lacked skill outside of customizing a template and adding content. We asked them to make a custom plugin that involved linking part data with their manufacturer information. Basic PHP and SQL. They come back with a single table with every field being a string type. I had to step in and spoon-feed them that we needed multiple tables with links, and stricter typing so that sorting and filtering would actually work.
  3. Were unwilling to work with us or uncaring about our future experience with the site. It was nearly impossible for us to add new content to the site without diving into the weeds of it, when the solution would have been a wp-admin plugin front end. We did specify we needed an easy way to update the site, but again, the implementation details had to be spoon-fed.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
I was having a conversation with @Black_Dragon43 and they suggested asking for some feedback about the question in the title of this thread.

The reason is to figure out the traps and hurdles that aspiring web designers would face when working with clients.

It would be interesting for any veterans in the field to discuss the bad habits are and how to avoid bad practices.

Any thoughts / Insights would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.