The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY: Gurbaksh Chahal

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Re: SUCCESS STORY: Myles Kovacs

Nice find. I was just watching one of the episodes tonight. It wasn't this same guy...I don't think. The guy I watched today worked at a food shelter and at the end gave them 35,000$. Then at some other place for woman, also gave 35,000$ and the lady that ran the place, he gave her 10,000$. He went to a lady that was raising her son alone in a really small apartment and gave her 10,000$. I went online and tried finding out who he was..but I couldn't I really wish there was a website with all of the people that go on the show. What interested me was, he was giving away all this money..when he said he was a millionaire, I figured 1 or 2 million. You only need one million dollars to be a millionaire, but he told the mothere of that young boy that he was a owner of two successful businesses. I just wanted him to say what they were, I was so interested.

He's Gurbaksh Chahal. I think he's worth about $100 million: Gurbaksh Chahal: Founder of BlueLithium, ClickAgents & Successful Award-Winning Entrepreneur - Gurbaksh Chahal

Here's the site with all the millionaires: FOX Broadcasting Company: SecretMillionaire

:)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Just wanted to bump this amazing post about this amazing man, here's an interview with him on Oprah, very inspiring man indeed:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drWEXYesWtI]YouTube - Gurbaksh Singh Chahal in Oprahs Show, a multi millionaire at 18 The D Spot[/ame]

ITA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I read his book; quick read, good tips. Inspiring dude, so successful so young, and he started as a minority kid from a poor neighborhood. Respect.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The best revenge is living well ...

I found it interesting that on his meteoric rise, he said he lost "balance" as all focus was on the company -- very typical to aspiring entrepreneurs as all to often, that is what it takes to see Fastlane results. Now with financial freedom, he has whatever balance he allows for the next 40,50 years ...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ITA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 16, 2008
Hong Kong
Exactly. I don't think it's that bad to lose balance for 5-10 years if after that you are "done" financially.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
I've seen him live and Im kinda two-minded. His story is very impressive indeed.
On the other hand he got a lot of money very quickly and I feel he got pretty flashy and a pretty good amount of self-confidence. Anyway - it's not up to me to judge on his behavior. His entrepreneurial skills are undoubtly pretty impressive.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've seen him live and Im kinda two-minded. His story is very impressive indeed.
On the other hand he got a lot of money very quickly and I feel he got pretty flashy and a pretty good amount of self-confidence. Anyway - it's not up to me to judge on his behavior. His entrepreneurial skills are undoubtly pretty impressive.

I found it a little duplicitous (I guess in reference to your two-mindedness)... to say "I've remained grounded" and then proceed to tell us about your imported special wallpaper that graces your luxury penthouse ....

Everyone has their *things* ....

I think of Warren Buffet as remaining grounded.

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
Very inspiring, as I have come from a different country when I was young aswell,

Thanks for posting this one
:fastlane:

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
I just finished reading his book. It's definitely a good read. He was really creative for what he did for his first company. What surprises me is the fact that he still doesn't know much about coding.

SweetJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 1, 2009
I just finished reading his book. It's definitely a good read. He was really creative for what he did for his first company. What surprises me is the fact that he still doesn't know much about coding.

Reading this book, what seemed to be his biggest challenges and how did he overcome them, in terms of his entrepreneurial endeavors?? :coffee:

I wonder if PhxMJ has a reply to Oprah's view on exotics. I like how he played the "i'm grounded" card when Oprah was genuinely expressing the pleasure of being able to drive a nice car.:driving:

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007

Yea, this surprised me as well...

I think the biggest key to his success was his "hustler's urgency" and the ability to just make things happen.

I remember he somehow just partnered up with a programmer from Sweden? The programmer did it for equity in the company and then the programmer got mad he was making so much and sued him?

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
It was a programmer from Britain. He was running a company that was on the verge of going bankrupt. Gurbaksh pretty much threw him a lifeline. The programmer didn't do it for equity, he did it on a contract. The programmer was mad because he had no equity in the company as it became successful. Gurbaksh reminded him that he had signed a contract, with an agreement for the lump some of cash. To find out more, read the book. hehe.

johnny604

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The method and it intricacies that he has discovered is great. and is a method that pays out very well as you see.....and all he's done is Wash...Rinse....Repeat.

johnny604

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
here's an excerpt from an article i liked;

Chahal doesn't write code, but he knew what he wanted the program to do, and hired a programmer who flew to San Jose from London to meet with him. He promised to pay the man $10,000 a month, even though he didn't have any startup cash. After the meeting, he went home and began cold-calling companies to find clients to place orders.

"Two days into it, I struck gold," Chahal says. "I found myself on the phone with a gentleman at the Left Field Advertising Agency in San Francisco. Left Field had a client, Infoseek, a search engine like Google, that was looking to increase traffic to its Web site. 'If you put up a $30,000 order, I can deliver traffic at a dollar a click,' I told the agency. In plain English, I was telling him that I could deliver at least 30,000 clicks.

" 'We'll get back to you,' I was told. The following morning, they contacted with an insertion order. Suddenly I was in business. That's how fast things moved."

Chahal hadn't told his parents, but soon he had to. He was making serious money. He couldn't open a bank account on his own because he was too young, and had enlisted his older brother, Taj, to open one and join him in the business venture.

Jul 6, 2009

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
I've been following Gurbaksh Chahal ever since I read his book last December. His newest startup is gWallet (gWallet - Fueling Virtual Currency).

What I find interesting though is that the company now, is completely different than about 10 months ago. Around 10 months ago, gWallet was a website where one would go to find the best deals online. Thus, consumers would go straight to gWallet to find the best deal on the items they were looking to purchase. However, as time progressed I noticed the site was "stuck," no progress was being made and it didn't work.

It looks like they decided to stop the ship, realize their losses of their first business model and completely change.

Check out what they are up to. Gurbaksh is definitely innovating (or attempting) to innovate in the internet application world. I think the more web savvy people will find it pretty interesting.

gWallet - Fueling Virtual Currency

(I'm not affiliated with them at all... just bored at work and thought you guys would have some insightful comments about it)

ITA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I have noticed that as well. I have him in my RSS feed so I follow the developments of his company.

Indeed a great example of what many entrepreneurs know: what ends up making you money 2 years down the road is often very different from what you had in mind when you first got started.

You need to be able to ditch your original plan when it doesn't work OR when a bigger opportunity shows up.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Absolutely. I'm sure he invested a good deal of money with his 1st business premise, only to completely change it.
Looks like a solid example of being able to detach yourself emotionally from the business, cut your sunk costs, and start from scratch.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Absolutely. I'm sure he invested a good deal of money with his 1st business premise, only to completely change it.
Looks like a solid example of being able to detach yourself emotionally from the business, cut your sunk costs, and start from scratch.

So in other words, if he spent 3 months on 3,000 pages on a business plan, it is now worthless.

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
You gotta have all the ingredients to bake a cake,

same in business, Concept,Brand,Team, and Demand, etc. without one it is pointless.

I have had some struggles in the past, before my aircraft ventures, I tried doing a car wash service when it would be raining for months, it wasn't very effective because it didn't have demand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.