The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Strategic Advice Required on How to Scale

Matt Dassel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 15, 2018
Perhaps nothing else is making me go nuts other than not being able to scale. I've lost some money on a few attempts.

But the money I lost, to me, is nothing compared to the reflection that I am being subjected to. Seems like I am missing on an strategic piece in order to get profits that would allow me to fund myself and a fastlane business. And that for sure is driving me to places I prefer not to talk about on this conversation.

Quick overview on everything I have going until now:

I have been trading my own money and getting returns at around 10% to 15% annualized with a 2% to 4,5% down side risk per year. For about 6 months I haven't been able to convince investors to turn this into a sophisticated business.

In order to compensate for the lack of investors I have built a brand on retail and created a Kickstarter campaign for a product under development. But while I am working on it seems like it's going to take longer than I expected to cross over $100K in annual profits to fund my investment account.

Right now challenges are pitching to new investors (I am trying a platform called gust.com for this). And finding new ways to make a profit to fund this account for this last business I am envisioning in the asset management industry.

Is there anything you guys would recommend me to do in order to make profits faster in dollar amounts? I am willing to do anything if I can feel the strategy behind it can lead to high profit margin business opportunities. Even if I have to sell my time for a period of around 6 months to a year.

My skills are:
  • Web development, back-end, front-end, and maintaining web servers
  • Graphic design for websites
  • Product development for rather simple projects in the engineering field (What I used to create the first brand mentioned above)
  • Trading independently (but without significant profits to live due to lack of capital)

Dropped out of mechanical engineering at the third year in 2017.

I would also be happy to meet anyone who shares the same path I have taken. I am at Brazil.

Much appreciated,
Matt!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.