• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your income—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

GOLD STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investing' started by G_Alexander, Apr 21, 2014.

1. glavinaveki

glavinaveki New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $7
    If you live just to pay the rent you are not living my friend you are just surviving the next day or a month. You have to find your passion and when you do work on It, in the matter of months world will give you results in the terms of money, good relationship, expirience... Read this :)[​IMG]

2. MortimerFox

MortimerFox Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $733
    :eek:

3. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $79,303
    Hmmmm...

Ross Morgan likes this.
  4. stefan

stefan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $541
    OP, thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with us. I really appreciate it.

5. Burning Desire

Burning Desire New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Perhaps a stupid question, but do FHA mortgages allow you to rent out part of the property? In most European countries this is NOT allowed with a standard residential mortgage. A so-called "buy-to-let" mortgage is significantly more expensive.

6. DClaiborne

DClaiborne Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $148

This is a great post and something I've pondered for a while. But if I'm not mistaken your numbers are off here...

If I'm living at the property, I'm not paying rent there are still $1500 in expenses, but I'm only bringing in $2000 on the property. So my NOI is only $500 with a $1500 mortgage payment. So I'm getting a discounted mortgage, but like everything in life, nothing is actually free.​

7. G_Alexander

G_Alexander Does it Cash Flow? Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $22,830
    STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free: Post #217

@DClaiborne You should really read the whole thread next time!

Ross Morgan likes this.
  8. DClaiborne

DClaiborne Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $148
    I was going to, but realized this type of investing wasn't something I was interested in. Also figured if it needed to be corrected or clarified you didn't have to live there, it would have been put in the op.

9. ChrisJHarrington

ChrisJHarrington Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,132
    How long until you can effectively move out of an FHA house? I believe the minimum is 2 years?

Also, I believe you can get a second FHA without having to front 20% down, or you can do a conventional loan at 5% down? I'm sure you covered it somewhere and I need to keep reading through, but from what I'm reading, it's VERY realistic to make hundreds of thousands of dollars in appreciation and free cash flow by doing this if you're patient - probably 1, maybe 2 purchases per year max, but then over 10 years you could have 10+ properties in your name netting you free cash flow.

I'm planning on doing my first FHA purchase in the next 6 months, and I'd like to follow with a second purchase in 2019 (income properties, exact things being discussed here).. I'm fairly certain FHA is the way to go for the first one, and then you either 'move' and pick up a second FHA, or you can get a conventional loan at 5% down.

Is this accurate?

10. Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,743
    Looking to do something like this and close in 5-6 months time (possible?)

Knowing I might get hate with this question - is this method still 100% viable in 2018? :)

Thanks!!!