The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop Killing Time

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rhino8541

Short Term Sacrifice For a Long Term Benefit.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 9, 2015
Washington
I wasn't able to find this on the forum, so I wanted to share it.

I find the audio incredibly motivating. I have been using this to focus my efforts and increase my productivity.

I hope this will help others as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robert Ferguson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 9, 2015
I like the basis.

Not sure how many of you have heard of him but I met Eric Thomas last year. One of the best 3+ minutes I've ever witnessed in person. It's not one of the generic motivational "You can do it" type speeches but it resonates with me. It spews truth.

Last edited:

Rhino8541

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 9, 2015
Washington
I like the basis.

Not sure how many of you have heard of him but I met Eric Thomas last year. One of the best 3+ minutes I've ever witnessed in person. It's not one of the generic motivational "You can do it" type speeches but it resonates with me. It spews truth.

I agree, great motivational speaker! I haven't had a chance to see him live, but I really like what he has to say as well.

petertwin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 14, 2015
That was a great motivational speech! Time is all we have that is truly ours and death is inevitable so its time to hustle!

Thomas.p76000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 7, 2015
Hi guys ! I can't watch this video, there is a bug... Could you share the link pls ? Many thanks !

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Rhino8541 - Great video. Thanks for sharing!

@Robert Ferguson I am jealous! I remember stumbling over a motivational video with the infamous "when you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe" sound bite in it and was lost a day to the man's Youtube videos. He delivers some great words of wisdom. If everyone that listened took action with them you can't help but win in whatever game / path you want to take.

Time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted. I see time wasted in two ways - by doing nothing at all or filling your time with busy work. Work that actually amounts to nothing, but acts as an excuse for why you didn't start moving forward on what you really wanted to.

Life is a journey and it's a journey that only lasts so long. You should never get so consumed with the ticking clock you become blind to what's around you, but you do need to where you're heading. To not is to jump into a car, switch on the Sat Nav and let it choose a random destination for you to travel to for the rest of your life and then being fed up when "You have arrived at your destination" sees you get out in the middle of a boggy field in the middle of nowhere.

Robert Ferguson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 9, 2015
@Rhino8541 - Great video. Thanks for sharing!

@Robert Ferguson I am jealous! I remember stumbling over a motivational video with the infamous "when you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe" sound bite in it and was lost a day to the man's Youtube videos. He delivers some great words of wisdom. If everyone that listened took action with them you can't help but win in whatever game / path you want to take.

Time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted. I see time wasted in two ways - by doing nothing at all or filling your time with busy work. Work that actually amounts to nothing, but acts as an excuse for why you didn't start moving forward on what you really wanted to.

Life is a journey and it's a journey that only lasts so long. You should never get so consumed with the ticking clock you become blind to what's around you, but you do need to where you're heading. To not is to jump into a car, switch on the Sat Nav and let it choose a random destination for you to travel to for the rest of your life and then being fed up when "You have arrived at your destination" sees you get out in the middle of a boggy field in the middle of nowhere.
I also met Bob Proctor. If you've never heard of him, I highly suggest looking him up.

But you're absolutley right. It's crazy, the basis of "how to win" is so simple yet most of the world is not programmed to think in such a way.

"How you do anything, is how you do everything"

I'll put it in slowlane form. Slowlaners can plan and set goals. In fact, they do every day How do I know? They go to work.
While thats not my goal ,it is what most people do Monday-Friday. Subconsciously they're setting goals. On a Sunday night, they know they have to be home by 6. Have dinner. If they have kids, help with homework and get ready for bed at 7. At 8 make lunch for tomorrow. By 9 they probably watch tv or something else they feel is "relaxing". In bed by 10.
They know they need to wake up at 6. Shower and get dressed by 6:30. Make coffee and get out of the house by 7 to go to there destination or "GOAL".

Subconsciously people do this every single day. Yet, we live LIFE aimlessly with no apparent goals or destinations? Why?

"A goal without a plan is a wish"

Think about that. Anyone can say "I want to become a millionaire" but what are they actually doing each and every day to reach that goal? Are their actions aligned with their thoughts? Instead, most of the time they do more wishing. Waiting for that wish to fall into their laps. Odds are not in your favor.

Give your life a map. Circle your destination. Plan how you will get there.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'll put it in slowlane form. Slowlaners can plan and set goals. In fact, they do every day How do I know? They go to work.
While thats not my goal ,it is what most people do Monday-Friday. Subconsciously they're setting goals. On a Sunday night, they know they have to be home by 6. Have dinner. If they have kids, help with homework and get ready for bed at 7. At 8 make lunch for tomorrow. By 9 they probably watch tv or something else they feel is "relaxing". In bed by 10.
They know they need to wake up at 6. Shower and get dressed by 6:30. Make coffee and get out of the house by 7 to go to there destination or "GOAL".

This is so damn true. I'm been trying to help / mentor / guide /generally be a nuisance to someone who I see great potential in, but is seemingly pouring superglue around her feet to keep herself stuck right where she is. Her biggest protest is she doesn't have any goals, she's not able to achieve anything. I disagree with her 100% and you've put it into words so much better. She is one of the most committed people to achieving her goals... which currently is reinforcing a belief she can't amount to anything and nothing is going to go right. She is working so darn hard at it that she deserves a medal and blows us all out of the water with her commitment. If she only shifted that to the real dreams and purpose she's denying herself... hence creating great turmoil and discomfort for herself she'd be flying.

Our minds want goals. They want a focus. If we don't consciously set it for ourselves, it will default to the action it sees us perform most.

Robert Ferguson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 9, 2015
This is so damn true. I'm been trying to help / mentor / guide /generally be a nuisance to someone who I see great potential in, but is seemingly pouring superglue around her feet to keep herself stuck right where she is. Her biggest protest is she doesn't have any goals, she's not able to achieve anything. I disagree with her 100% and you've put it into words so much better. She is one of the most committed people to achieving her goals... which currently is reinforcing a belief she can't amount to anything and nothing is going to go right. She is working so darn hard at it that she deserves a medal and blows us all out of the water with her commitment. If she only shifted that to the real dreams and purpose she's denying herself... hence creating great turmoil and discomfort for herself she'd be flying.

Our minds want goals. They want a focus. If we don't consciously set it for ourselves, it will default to the action it sees us perform most.
You're exactly right. Great way of explaining it.

I find that if you're mentoring someone, they'll rarely do what you SAY.

"People do what you do, not what you say"

For example, if you and another person are working you will feel more inclined to WORK if you see THEM working for lack of looking lazy or useless. However, if they're being lazy and not working, you'll probably slack a little as well. Think of it exactly likewise for the other person. :)

So, in other words, lead by action. Show that when action is taken rewards are plentiful. As opposed to saying or telling. Words are hard for people to believe, especially if they don't believe in themselves. We want proof. We want to be shown. I'm sure if you're friend sees you doing well, they'll be much better about that.

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
Both of those videos were excellent! They speak with so much passion and enthusiasm.

It's making me realize that my desire to be successful hasn't been as strong as my desire to breathe. Time to work on that!

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014

I find the audio incredibly motivating. I have been using this to focus my efforts and increase my productivity.

is that chris bosh at 2:01?? LMFAO

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015

That was awesome and motivational!

I was getting ready to go to sleep and now after getting goose bumps watching this video I am really full of energy. Now what do I do? :)

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015
I also met Bob Proctor. If you've never heard of him, I highly suggest looking him up.

But you're absolutley right. It's crazy, the basis of "how to win" is so simple yet most of the world is not programmed to think in such a way.

"How you do anything, is how you do everything"

Subconsciously people do this every single day. Yet, we live LIFE aimlessly with no apparent goals or destinations? Why?

"A goal without a plan is a wish"

Think about that. Anyone can say "I want to become a millionaire" but what are they actually doing each and every day to reach that goal? Are their actions aligned with their thoughts? Instead, most of the time they do more wishing. Waiting for that wish to fall into their laps. Odds are not in your favor.

Give your life a map. Circle your destination. Plan how you will get there.
Holy crap... Its 10 pm here. I rent a room in one family house and what you just said EXACTLY matched what they are doing everyday and you even got the timing right.

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
I like the basis.

Now it has me thinking, how do you get to the point where you want something as bad as you want to breathe?

Rhino8541

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 9, 2015
Washington
I'm glad you guys liked this! It has helped me put things into perspective. It's crazy to think that I already knew the information given, however the way it was presented awakened something in my mind. TMF opened my eyes, this has given me some horsepower!

Thinking about time being the most precious resource I have, I have started 3 new things in the last few days.

I'm doing a little bit of each of these every day.

• Learning basic HTML coding
  • Practicing Spanish
  • Learning SEO
I also plan to re-read several key books I've recently finished, including TMF , every 3 months. I set calendar reminders to help me remember!

I'm dedicated enough that even if I miss one day, everything isn't going to come crashing down. I just pick up where I left off.

Speed bumps are to be expected, and dealt with as usual, you just keep going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.