The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
After collecting a series of 10 potential ideas that i deem i could have done, i have narrowed my choice down to 2 good candidates, and one which im going to start executing on staring today.

My journey finally starts. Im motivated to get this thing going, and disrupt the marketspace Im aiming for.

Its a service model, very inspired by uber, but an entirely different industry. The competitors already doing it are doing a shit job at it, so im going to take over one by one city untill its the go-to site/app for that service.

I need to learn website coding, app and location integration, payment systems (gotta accept crypto too!), but once everything looks and feels great, im confident i can make a great convenience for people!

Will keep this thread updated as a logbook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
One week has passed. I'll summarize my main achievements so far:
-Made a solid business plan, with room for both magnitude AND quantity scalibility. The focus of the site is 100% convenience.
-Learned how to get a domain, and bought one.
-Set up a backend system for my website. I discovered there is a universe of different systems to use, so this will change over time.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
-Set up a backend system for my website. I discovered there is a universe of different systems to use, so this will change over time.

Pick one and stick to it. For an MVP, it probably doesn't matter which one.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Pick one and stick to it. For an MVP, it probably doesn't matter which one.
Well i've decided to stick with wordpress. I mean there are thousands of plugins, and I will probably need to experiment with some of those :)

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
I decided that bypassing learning to build a website is worthwile for me in this case. I would be able to build a static page or even a shop, but not an interactive like I imagine will be beneficial. I have a detailed plan of all features of the site and have hired a developer to do it for me.
After hustling a few different offers i managed to get the price very low. Now it remains to see what i get as a result.
Either way i expect to modify it and do some fiddeling, which im comfortable doing!
At the moment its a bit of a waiting game, as i dont want to contact users before i have an mvp, which fits me nicely as im renovating a room in my appartment at the moment

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Just stopping by to say mvp is around 50% done (I hope)
Still not much I can do before a beta period, but I do babysit the design process.
I have realized it will be very beneficial to make local versions of the site per language for non-english countries, so theres that.
Hope anyone reading is having great summer!

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
All main functions are now in place, and dev has handed me the page. Now i need to hook up gateways, correct design, content, change some assets etc etc.
I'm spending some extra time to make sure my site is A LOT better than the alternative.

As much as i want to set a deadline, i just dont know how long this stuff takes. Im going down the list and polishing as i go.
Spent the day learning to transfer a site between domains, and everything that has to do with it.
Feels good to make good progress!

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
I've spent some time with the current site, and come to the conclusion that i need to rework the systems quite a bit before mass-adoptation.

I'm aiming for thousands of users, not 10-100, so i need to make the infrastructure right from the get-go, or i'm afraid it will be a nightmare to deal with down the road.
So backend rework time. Hope it will all be ready in a month or two.
This process is really boring and annoying, but i'm looking foreward to calling my clients with confidence and bring them on board with a great product that will help both them and their clients.

Back to the drawing board!

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
New re-designed homepage is done, along with some login/register and contact.

Now its on par with what id like to see in a service like im making.
Thats just the first impression though, so the function part is still not there. Lots to go yet!

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
get a domain name from: brandnic , register a company from usa.gov, get a theme from: themeforest , start marketing on google :) simple dough :)
Im not making a website, im making a platform with lots of custom functions :)
If it was a funnel or a landing page i would be done by now.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
New re-designed homepage is done, along with some login/register and contact.

Now its on par with what id like to see in a service like im making.
Thats just the first impression though, so the function part is still not there. Lots to go yet!
You sound as if you're crossing the desert alone. Keep going!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Im not making a website, im making a platform with lots of custom functions :)
If it was a funnel or a landing page i would be done by now.
"register a company from usa.gov..." :jawdrop:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Not american, ill register once i over-extend my tax-free limit.
Actually, usa.gov is a job search website. You don't register a business there.
The story here looks like it's a Russian bot that learned to post an action-fake.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Finally finished design and HTML of the front-end!
Super stoked on the design, and it feels really polished! Excited to go forward and do the back-end systems.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
So apperently I've been on the forums for 7 months now.
I haven't been active lately, but work is going on slowly in the background.

Life has thrown me some curve-balls that I have to figure out, but in the end it's just bullshit that feeds my desire to free myself from slavery and money.

I'll be the first to admit my discipline could be a lot better, but at least the main chunk of the work is being outsourced, so I'm not slowing anything down.

Its annoying having to be cheap about everything. I don't know how to tell a good freelancer from a bad one, but they want the same money.
Have scrapped a few things due to sub-par work, and hell, I'm not settling for sub-par.

Hope everyone is doing great. I know I am..
I left the gf, may lose my house which I worked hard to get and improve, my job still sucks, and I have few connections, but I'm great. I'm optimistic for the future, because I know I'll be able to do what I want.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
After collecting a series of 10 potential ideas that i deem i could have done, i have narrowed my choice down to 2 good candidates, and one which im going to start executing on staring today.

My journey finally starts. Im motivated to get this thing going, and disrupt the marketspace Im aiming for.

Its a service model, very inspired by uber, but an entirely different industry. The competitors already doing it are doing a shit job at it, so im going to take over one by one city untill its the go-to site/app for that service.

I need to learn website coding, app and location integration, payment systems (gotta accept crypto too!), but once everything looks and feels great, im confident i can make a great convenience for people!

Will keep this thread updated as a logbook.
Good luck! There are “uber” ios app template options for testing this idea. I haven't received the beat options but do some research. Also, marketing is going to be important for you. Glad to have you on the forum!

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Keep strong on your journey brother. It will pay off.
Looking forward to keep following the progress and to see your platform up and running. Let us know when we can see it.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Nearly 1 year later and I don't have much to show for.
A combination of me being lazy and unfocused, bad developer team and low capital is making me realize I'm not cut for this.
I'm biting the bullet officially and shelving the project. I still have the idea and an almost working product, but polishing it up and setting up the systems, working 5 hour days after coming home from slowlane work is gonna kill me.

I think making a sale should be my first priority right now, and release myself from slowlane jobs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.