The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Starting my journey

Creep

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
After collecting a series of 10 potential ideas that i deem i could have done, i have narrowed my choice down to 2 good candidates, and one which im going to start executing on staring today.

My journey finally starts. Im motivated to get this thing going, and disrupt the marketspace Im aiming for.

Its a service model, very inspired by uber, but an entirely different industry. The competitors already doing it are doing a shit job at it, so im going to take over one by one city untill its the go-to site/app for that service.

I need to learn website coding, app and location integration, payment systems (gotta accept crypto too!), but once everything looks and feels great, im confident i can make a great convenience for people!

Will keep this thread updated as a logbook.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

OP
OP

Creep

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
One week has passed. I'll summarize my main achievements so far:
-Made a solid business plan, with room for both magnitude AND quantity scalibility. The focus of the site is 100% convenience.
-Learned how to get a domain, and bought one.
-Set up a backend system for my website. I discovered there is a universe of different systems to use, so this will change over time.

srodrigo

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 11, 2018
-Set up a backend system for my website. I discovered there is a universe of different systems to use, so this will change over time.
Pick one and stick to it. For an MVP, it probably doesn't matter which one.

OP
OP

Creep

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
Pick one and stick to it. For an MVP, it probably doesn't matter which one.
Well i've decided to stick with wordpress. I mean there are thousands of plugins, and I will probably need to experiment with some of those :)

OP
OP

Creep

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
I decided that bypassing learning to build a website is worthwile for me in this case. I would be able to build a static page or even a shop, but not an interactive like I imagine will be beneficial. I have a detailed plan of all features of the site and have hired a developer to do it for me.
After hustling a few different offers i managed to get the price very low. Now it remains to see what i get as a result.
Either way i expect to modify it and do some fiddeling, which im comfortable doing!
At the moment its a bit of a waiting game, as i dont want to contact users before i have an mvp, which fits me nicely as im renovating a room in my appartment at the moment

OP
OP

Creep

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
Just stopping by to say mvp is around 50% done (I hope)
Still not much I can do before a beta period, but I do babysit the design process.
I have realized it will be very beneficial to make local versions of the site per language for non-english countries, so theres that.
Hope anyone reading is having great summer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom