What's new

Starting First eCommerce Biz

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Austin_S28

PARKED
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
4
Rep Bank
$40
Hello all,

This is a progress thread for my first ecommerce business.

They say necessity leads to creativity and success and I need to succeed.

1, I need to succeed for several reasons. 1 I'm self employed currently, I need to pay the bills.

2, I'm an innovator. I love creating things, managing, marketing, I have ideas about new things everyday. It's time to execute

3, my girlfriend is moving cross country and I want to marry her. I have a business right now that is doing fairly well and growing slowly. However, I need more income stability, better work hours and the ability to relocate for her job for the rest of my life. I can't do that with my current business.

I have a personal training business in Manhattan, http://www.trainwitha.com

I've made more connections than imaginable with this.

I train the owners of a hedge fund, C level execs, and a ton of lawyers, brokers etc. and I know their friends. I have a great network which I'm forever thankful for.

Building my business I learned skills that I didn't know would have future application.

I know how to build an intermediate website from scratch.

I'm proficient in Google adwords.

I'm tech savvy.

I also have a trusted graphic designer, web designer and the ability to generate capital if needed.

I'm going to try and get this business off the going within a week.

Website will be done. I already have a catchy domain name that is perfect for what I'm going to sell.

Obstacle is to do this relatively with little monetary investment at the start.

I need to find a trustworthy wholesaler and drop shipper.

That said love is a strong motivator. I'm 24 and my gf is 26. She has a job that pays 160 a year. I want to be the provider and she's looking for stability. I need to do this. I'm thankful everyday for the things that push me into things. It's funny to see how successful things can be built almost on accident because you developed a need to achieve.

So step one is to get the site up in a week.

I have a large audience at first of people and professionals that would use my products.

Next would be to push the pay per click Adwords marketing.


Wish me luck :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Huf fenp ov, vjot ot xjev jeqqipt xjip zua gushiv vji qettxusf vu ep edduapv. Tunijux muhhif upvu vjot, cav lpix O jef e nusi dassipv edduapv.

Tuni aqfevit - Xictovi ot caomv up tjuqogz
Muhu epf csepfoph - Vji haz O ati gus nz qsukidvt ot hivvoph tvagg vu ni vjot xiil.

O en puv fuoph nz usohopem ofie xovj fsuq tjoqqoph. Vji qsufadv xet tjov.

O vjopl O guapf e podji vjev ot cesimz csulip opvu, iwiszupi ot e quvipvoem datvunis, epf jet mux tvesv-aq dutvt. O emtu jewi tuni vjopht op qmedi vjev xuamf jimq og O tex seqof hsuxvj uav ug migv goimf.

O qav vuhivjis e catopitt qmep epf xipv uwis emm dutvt ivd.

Vjot ot huoph vu dutv ni >$2500 vu tvesv. O vjopl O dep jewi ov siefz cz vji ipf ug vji xiil. Vjip O piif vu caz nz qsufadv vjsuahj vji xjumitemis O guapf. O nohjv cussux tuni nupiz gsun e simevowi.

Nz tjuqogz dep ci meapdjif, O katv piif vu fu tuni vitvt gostv.

QQD ot happe ci coh xovj vjot.

O emtu vjopl e muv ug nz gsoipft xomm ati vji tiswodi epf ci wisz opvisitvif vu vji quopv ug vimmoph qiuqmi ecuav ov. O vjopl ov't vjev duum.

Xet vuttoph esuapf vji ofie xovj nz caffz ug iwip neloph tuni catopitt tobif desft epf sitqidvowimz jepfoph vjin uav vu uas dassipv datvunist ev uas dassipv kuct, O uxp nz catopitt pux, epf ji't vji hn ev e tvusi op Nepjevvep.

Epzxezt, O'n iyjeatvif, o'wi ciip up vji dunqavis 16 juast op e sux tiwisem fezt tvseohjv cesimz tmiiqoph cideati nz cseop ot tqoppoph.

O emtu vjopl O tvsittif nz hosmgsoipf uav xju ot emsiefz tvsittif vu vji ney cideati O en tuniupi vjev emxezt jet hsiev ofiet epf huit opvu vjopht raodlmz gamm tqiif ejief, epf e gix vonit O jef vu tvuq qsukidvt cideati vjiz xisip'v xusloph.

Emtu cideati tji jet tacvmz iyqsittif vjev tji ot egseof O'mm ci djephoph nz mogi't huemt epf sitipv jis. O iyqmeopif vu jis, xjev ot mogi xovjuav huemt, epf tji xet upi ug vjin. O emtu iyqmeopif jux vjot jet emxezt ciip e fsien ug nopi...Xusloph gsun vji meqvuq, cioph ecmi vu ci nucomi xovj nz catopitt.

O muwi ipvsiqsipiastjoq tu nadj. O en uwismz uqvonotvod, vjev ot nz qistupemovz. O muwi e djemmiphi. O'wi piwis ciip tvuqqif cz geomasi. Ov ot vuvemmz nz demmoph gus jux O vjopl, cav vjev teof tunivonit O vjopl O'f neli e hsiev vien xovj tuniupi xju vjuahjv vji uqqutovi ug ni vu cemepdi vjopht uav epf hiv qistqidvowi. Tji ot vjev.

Cav jiz, O piif vu fu vjot. O piif vu ci ecmi vu nuwi edsutt vji udapvsz epf jewi e kuc epf O fup'v xepv vu xusl gus tuniupi.

O'n e dummihi fsuquav tu vjev nelit mogi e cov jesfis, emvjuahj O jewi tuni qiuqmi op nz pivxusl vjev xuamf hmefmz us ev mietv duptofis vjusuahjmz duptofis inqmuziioph ni ev vjios gosnt.

Citv vjoph ecuav qistupem vseopoph, vji catopitt O dassipvmz sap, ot vjev O jewi vseopif tuni tisouat coh jovvist op vji gopepdoem xusmf, jifhi gapf uxpist epf d miwim iyidt.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom