The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INTRODUCTION: Starting first Business At 17, Aiming for 1000 visitors and first sale.

camkla07

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 14, 2024
What's up.

My name is Cameron. I'm 17 and am building my first business. Right now I am at the stage of falling on my a$$ and learning.

This is a little embarrassing to admit, but it shows where I am right now. I've been doing cold DMs trying to sell B2B, and I've probably sent 30 of them out. Yesterday was the first time I showed my coach my cold DMs and he immediately found 5 things wrong with my messages.

Wish I knew that before I sent them to a bunch of leads lol.

Without going into too much detail, I run a website with book summaries. It's angled towards a young, male audience trying to become successful and self improve. Within this site, there is a premium database of book notes which I am trying to sell B2B(to integrate within paid self improvement communities) and B2C(directly to the guys on my website). I've had the site up for a little less than a month. Right now I am at 106 unique visitors and 0 sales. The short-term goal is to hit 1000 visitors and break through for the first sale.

My main priority in here is to both get and give advice. I'm here from the Millionaire Fastlane , because I love that book. The other reason is because, truthfully, I need that kind of kick-in-the-a$$ feedback to grow to where I know I can.

As I scale up, I will post my progress and give advice where applicable. But right now, I'm going to be soaking up whatever I can, trying to learn the fundamentals.

Thank you guys for having me. I look forward to getting and giving value here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
The reason people purchase books is with the IDEA that they will read them and absorb/enjoy the content. It also looks good in a bookshelf. They can also be gifted or collected. 40% of books sold are NEVER even opened.

If I need a book summary, what prevents me from finding it online, for free, within 10 seconds?
Which book summaries are WANTED vs. NEEDED? Think about this.
Are the summaries by known individuals? I don't really care about a generic summary of a book, but I might want to read MJ DeMarco's notes/commentary on a book.

Decide if you 1. sell the idea of knowledge or 2. sell condensed textbook information.

camkla07

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 14, 2024
The reason people purchase books is with the IDEA that they will read them and absorb/enjoy the content. It also looks good in a bookshelf. They can also be gifted or collected. 40% of books sold are NEVER even opened.

If I need a book summary, what prevents me from finding it online, for free, within 10 seconds?
Which book summaries are WANTED vs. NEEDED? Think about this.
Are the summaries by known individuals? I don't really care about a generic summary of a book, but I might want to read MJ DeMarco's notes/commentary on a book.

Decide if you 1. sell the idea of knowledge or 2. sell condensed textbook information.
Good questions.

These summaries(and in my paid product, notes) are for self-improvement based books like Millionaire Fastlane , Atomic Habits, Psycho-Cybernetics, etc. This would essentially mean me targeting the NEEDED books, which people don't really want to slog through, but which they know they need to learn from to make progress. For summaries themselves, I give a typically more detailed "no bullshit" type approach. And then after the key points of the book, I provide a brutally honest pros and cons list for the book, and a description of WHO should read it, or why they should consider reading another book, which is more useful.

My summaries are not by a known individual persay- but they do have this advantage of cutting past a lot of the fluffy, vague language in other summaries by platforms like blinkist or shortform.

And in terms of the decision, it's hard for me to really understand the difference. Choosing from the 2, I suppose it would be knowledge. But, being honest, I struggle to see why I can't have both, with one just being a bigger part of the marketing than the other.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...