What's new

Starting by just Starting

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Idella

New Contributor
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
58
Location
Chinatown, Philly
Rep Bank
$205
User Power: 16%
A friend of mine recommended me this forum without telling me about the book, but once I made the connection naturally I started reading it. I have not completed it as yet but will soon be finished. I feel like I am getting more from it over the book "Think and Grow Rich" which I love but I did not feel complete after reading it.

After some hesitation and much contemplation I made an introduction post to the forums which received a few replies. There wasn't much to it so I was not expecting some large open armed welcome but nonetheless one of the replies mentioned a site, fiverr and so I started.

I'm a creator, if I have to title it I would say an illustrator but my skills span across technology, fashion and the traditional. While on fiverr I thought...what am I going to sell for 5 dollars? Recently from my the shop I work at I've been doing my own sort of artsy side gigs which have lead me to getting customers on a regular. One customer wants promotional materials, mainly stickers of his business logo. I have a pretty ok set up at my home with a wide format printer that could fool anyone into thinking the quality is professional. I know it's between the editing, the printer and the paper of how the quality of my prints will turn out and the stickers i printed him were flawless. So there was my first offer on Fiverr from something I've already been doing, printing stickers for business. Now I am expanding on the idea. I have a few funds saved up so I made one vital purchase of a smaller, secondary printer along with a small desktop cutter so I can do die cuts.

Now this machine I have purchased has the ability of cutting extremely intricate cuts which will be fantastic for stencils. I'm thinking from there I can also cut stencils for businesses, I've already hand cut a stencil for the same gentleman that wanted stickers and that turned out fantastic. With my knowledge of editing software and the use of my new cutting plotter a stencil would not take much time to produce. A business could use the stencil for a variety of things, I'm thinking especially restaurants that use blackboards or perhaps business that want a DIY look, it would even be a good way to produce cheap t-shirts.

I already have been getting more people inquiring on stickers and stencils but I feel like I can keep expanding on this idea, incorporate my illustration and technology knowledge and develop something epic. I don't want to put too much on my plate but I feel that my creative mindset is at an all time high.

It came from just starting by starting.

Now to finish reading the book, writing a more concrete business plan.
Also a friend of mine that completed her college education at the school I dropped from has not had much luck but has offered her skills to aid. She's even more into graphic design and as a super plus she knows box and label design. She approached me tonight actually so we're going to talk this coming weekend.

I think this may be the start of a creative design team, a printing company, and something to do with cupcakes (she likes making cupcakes and she's really good at the fancy styled ones so i said we'd talk about what we could do with that) :huh2::smug2:.

I'm going to write out a plan then post more in the proper areas but I feel a different mindset developing that I have never had for all 24 years of my life. I will be 25 this month and I want to make it worth something.

Onwards to finishing that book and see what else I can get out of it.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

XUX hsiev fiveomif opgu!

E cimevif ximduni epf O juqi zua moli ov jisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom