- Joined
- Oct 11, 2007
- Messages
- 155
Rep Bank
$305
$305
User Power: 13%
Hey all,
As the title says, im interested in starting a website that provides a service. I have a breif concept in my head (that still needs lots of fine tuning) and am wondering how to procede - preferably with advice from people who have been-there, done-that.
It will either be subscription based or a one-off fee. Or perhaps $X per lead.
My question is, what is the best way to proceed as I am someone with no web design skills (and no interest in learning it in-depth). Should I find a web designer locally and offer to work together on the project in return for equity, or are souces like elance suitable for this (im worried about getting rubbish code and wasting money - and working with someone so far away).
Also, is there anyone who has done something like this, that will be willing to share a few emails over the next few weeks for any small questions I may have?
I know there are no direct competitors, and the market is quite large. PhxMJ has breifly identified/mentioned the idea has potential in another post so it must be good
Thanks,
Matt
As the title says, im interested in starting a website that provides a service. I have a breif concept in my head (that still needs lots of fine tuning) and am wondering how to procede - preferably with advice from people who have been-there, done-that.
It will either be subscription based or a one-off fee. Or perhaps $X per lead.
My question is, what is the best way to proceed as I am someone with no web design skills (and no interest in learning it in-depth). Should I find a web designer locally and offer to work together on the project in return for equity, or are souces like elance suitable for this (im worried about getting rubbish code and wasting money - and working with someone so far away).
Also, is there anyone who has done something like this, that will be willing to share a few emails over the next few weeks for any small questions I may have?
I know there are no direct competitors, and the market is quite large. PhxMJ has breifly identified/mentioned the idea has potential in another post so it must be good
Thanks,
Matt
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
