The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting an online business alone (Web-developer / SPA / PWA)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Marcel101

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 27, 2019
Hello, I haven't really been active on here before.

I read TMF and Unscripted a while ago and that was also the reason I started coding >1.5 Years ago.

Now that I gathered some experience I am curious about starting an own business.

My development skills focus on building Front End Applications with JavaScript/Angular.

Despite using C# for Back end development at my work and using a little php and node.js before my backend skills aren't that great yet.

Because of the enormous amount of work one has to do starting an own business, I am thinking about using a backend as a service (BaaS) like Firebase, Parse, Back4App or something else.

I would use Angular to create a Progressive Web App that has app functionalities and can be saved to the mobile desktop and is discoverable by google since it is a website. That would enable me to publish the App cheaply to every platform (Desktop-PCs, All Phones).

I know that here are a lot of people who already have a business and I would love to hear your opinion about my Idea or what thoughts I might be missing.
All the success stories I read about are built by entire teams/companies so my brain is telling me I can't do it and that it would take forever and might not be working in the end.
Also I don't have money to hire people.

Thank you in advance for every constructive criticism and help.

Please don't comment if you just spread negativity. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
What is your plan to acquire clients?

Also, two books that might shift your thinking around the mindsets you have:

"All the success stories I read about are built by entire teams/companies so my brain is telling me I can't do it and that it would take forever and might not be working in the end." - Amazon.com: Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business (9781328972354): Jarvis, Paul: Books

I also have no desire to run a big company. A team of 4-6 people seems like the sweet spot.

And the mindset "I don't have money to hire people." - Amazon.com: Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork eBook: Sullivan, Dan, Hardy, Benjamin: Kindle Store

Next week I'm having a conversation with someone who wants to join my team because of the strong PURPOSE we have. We have an incredibly ambitious "why", and that person said she was willing to work for lower pay or for free first. Once we get her dialed in, and able to produce revenue from her activities, then we'll compensate her.

There is always a way. My suggestion to you would be to examine your beliefs. If there's something that is blocking you, ask yourself "Is that 100% true? Are there any other examples that contradict this?".

But first, what is your plan to acquire clients?

Marcel101

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 27, 2019
What is your plan to acquire clients?

Also, two books that might shift your thinking around the mindsets you have:

"All the success stories I read about are built by entire teams/companies so my brain is telling me I can't do it and that it would take forever and might not be working in the end." - Amazon.com: Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business (9781328972354): Jarvis, Paul: Books

I also have no desire to run a big company. A team of 4-6 people seems like the sweet spot.

And the mindset "I don't have money to hire people." - Amazon.com: Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork eBook: Sullivan, Dan, Hardy, Benjamin: Kindle Store

Next week I'm having a conversation with someone who wants to join my team because of the strong PURPOSE we have. We have an incredibly ambitious "why", and that person said she was willing to work for lower pay or for free first. Once we get her dialed in, and able to produce revenue from her activities, then we'll compensate her.

There is always a way. My suggestion to you would be to examine your beliefs. If there's something that is blocking you, ask yourself "Is that 100% true? Are there any other examples that contradict this?".

But first, what is your plan to acquire clients?

I think of a website where people can offer the service the website is about (I have a concrete Idea) and customers can find them on there (maybe get matched based on a survey). I would take a cut of the price and maybe offer a paid subscription that offers some benetifs.

Since its a Website I guess I would use Ads to bring people to my site and sign up.

Thank you a lot for the book recommendations.

I know my Idea isn't really well thought out.

In the end I just want to find a way using my programming skills to make "good" extra money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.