The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a tax business in 2022

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Nick S

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 29, 2019
Hi fastlaners,

I wanted to reach out and see if any of you have experience starting a location independent tax/accounting business? I learned the basics of Expat Tax last year (employees and independent contractors) working for H&R Block and worked as an accountant for about a year as well. I have the Enrolled Agent certification as well as an accounting degree.

Basically I'm at that awkward stage where I have enough experience to get a decent job, but I don't feel entirely confident going out on my own yet.

The problem is that I live abroad and many remote U.S. tax jobs/contractor positions require you to live within the U.S. Is the license plus a year experience sufficient to start a small remote tax firm for individuals? Do any of you have experience starting a similar online tax/accounting business? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.