The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a men’s dating coaching company!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I’ve always liked Todd V’s approach to dating advice, not goofy and flamboyant, just being a confident man and building a connection with a woman. No gimmicks.

Maybe you’re already aware of him, but either way maybe you can model some of what he’s doing. He’s the only dating coach that didn’t seem like a total scumbag, And it looks like he’s been making a good living in it for over a decade

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
I’ve always liked Todd V’s approach to dating advice, not goofy and flamboyant, just being a confident man and building a connection with a woman. No gimmicks.

Maybe you’re already aware of him, but either way maybe you can model some of what he’s doing. He’s the only dating coach that didn’t seem like a total scumbag, And it looks like he’s been making a good living in it for over a decade
Him and I come from the same background and learned from the same people. He has definitely improved his marketing over the years.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
I have decided to slightly niche down for the time being. It seems that most men are interested in online dating more than anything so that is where I will be focusing my efforts. In fact, I developed a new offer and guarantee.

Offer: I will show you how to get 3 -4 dates with new women every single month without spending a ton of time or money.

Guarantee: Once we start working together I am so confident that what I teach will work for you that I guarantee you will get a date and I will keep working with you, for however long it takes at no additional cost, until you do!

I will be wording it a bit “prettier” in the marketing of course but that is the gist of it.

I have looked at the other coaches in the industry and one guy is charging $5,000 for three months of coaching and another is charging $10,000 for three months. Neither seems to have any trouble staying completely booked. Funny thing is, neither does any marketing aside from a podcast for the first guy and a blog for the second guy. It seems the demand is there I just have to reach my target audience with my offer.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Signed up for HoneyBook and using them for contracts and invoices.

Currently writing my first lead magnet about “the secrets of the top online daters” that gives an overview of my method and what I teach.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
421%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Funny thing is, neither does any marketing aside from a podcast for the first guy and a blog for the second guy. It seems the demand is there I just have to reach my target audience with my offer.
I believe the following is accurate...

These guys are displaying expertise. For free. No email sign ups required.

You are running ads and are creating a lead magnet. That's a different game. You are doing an apples and oranges comparison.

If you want their results, you gotta put in their level of work. Based on what little I know, it sounds like you are looking for shortcuts...

That said...

Are you sure those guys are actually filling their calendars?

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
I believe the following is accurate...

These guys are displaying expertise. For free. No email sign ups required.

You are running ads and are creating a lead magnet. That's a different game. You are doing an apples and oranges comparison.

If you want their results, you gotta put in their level of work. Based on what little I know, it sounds like you are looking for shortcuts...

That said...

Are you sure those guys are actually filling their calendars?
I’m doing both. Doing the typical ad -> lead magnet -> offer route but also making a podcast, writing a couple books I’m selling for a dollar on Amazon, starting social media pages, and making complete multi hour audio courses I’m giving away 100% free.

And I know for a fact one is, they other I suspect is

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Figured out a way to connect with a lot of people who are interested in online dating and I can do it for every cheap. Putting a plan into action for this.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
What would you do if the advice doesn't work for the person.
I’m not to worried about that. I’ve never NOT had it work for people that actually take action and apply it.

It’s true that for some people it takes a little longer than others though which is why my guarantee states that I’ll keep working with them and not charge them extra.

Last edited:

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Update

I got some feedback on my lead magnet and completely redid it. Now everyone who gets it’s really likes it.

I partnered with a few personal trainers who target middle age entrepreneurs. Made a deal with them to promote each other to our clients. One of them sent me two so far and I closed one for a month of coaching!

I then reached out to my personal network and asked if anyone was looking for help. What I’ve learned is that everyone is skeptical as hell until I give them my guarantee in writing.

Signed one more client from my own network of friends.

Signed one more from a Reddit post. Told people to DM me if they had any questions. I then sent them all a lead magnet. Closed one who reached out to me. I’m still experimenting with Reddit. A post on there is getting me anywhere from 15k to 35k views and I’ll get a lot of people DM me with follow up questions but redditors, in general, hates anyone who sells anything and they view everyone as a scammer.

Three clients and +$6,000!

I don’t even have my website up yet!

I have a bunch of somewhat warm leads coming in from another source that I will be calling and attempting to close.

Last edited:

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Update

Made around 30 something sales calls yesterday and closed one more person. Been keeping track of the objections and designing better responses for them and reworking my script to address them before even being brought up.

Shortly after I had one of my original three ask for a refund because “their car broke down” and they needed they money. Whatever, I refunded them.

Will spend a few hours today actually working with my clients and some time working on the book I have planned.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Shortly after I had one of my original three ask for a refund because “their car broke down” and they needed they money. Whatever, I refunded them.
Yeah, never mind. Refunds are always part of the equation no matter how good you are and how much value you provide. I read a stat some time ago that 1 in 3 coaching programs end prematurely for many different reasons.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Yeah, never mind. Refunds are always part of the equation no matter how good you are and how much value you provide. I read a stat some time ago that 1 in 3 coaching programs end prematurely for many different reasons.
Sucks but it is what it is.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Going to be using a ringless voicemail system to leave a voicemail on all the numbers I have offering them my lead magnet. My problem is, how do I send it to them?

Do I tell them a link to go to?
Have them call me?
Tell them to text the number and say they want it?

I’m leaning towards the text idea.

Those who request it I’ll send them either a PDF or maybe ask for the email they want me to send it to then I’ll have both their number and email. Multiple ways to follow up! Then I’ll offer to talk to them on the phone right there for my free mini coaching session or schedule them in for one.

If they don’t want one I’ll hit them back up in a couple days and ask if they have any questions regarding the content of the lead magnet.

Also considering raising my prices because, oddly enough, price hasn’t been a huge objection from most people.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Couple days ago I made a list of 13 different people that has the same customer base as me. I sent them all messages proposing a deal where for every person they send me who ends up a client, I give them $500.

Told them I would make their life as easy as possible by writing all the emails or post if they wanted me to and all they had to do was copy/paste essentially. Figured that was a good deal but so far one one has gotten back to me saying yes. He’s going to send out an email to his entire list.

Think of hiring someone from the Philippines to some some marketing work for me that I have ideas for but no time to do. Stuff that is simple to execute.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Had another person get back to me willing to partner up and promote my offer to their audience.

I’ve also raised my prices slightly.

Currently researching marketing agencies so they can do all the social media and google ads. I simply don’t have time to fool with this aspect.

I’m also A/B testing two versions of my sales script. Once I have that down in thinking of hiring a sales guy to handle that aspect.

I want to get to where I’m only focused on the coaching and high level content creation. The books, podcast, free courses, social media reels, etc.

I have encountered an interesting problem…

I don’t want this to sound racist but my coaching has gotten a lot of interest from Indian men. Problem is, online dating doesn’t really work for Indian men. That sounds horrible and it really is but it’s also the truth. Back when I was a writer for a dating advice website I knew an Indian dating coach and he always told other Indians to avoid the apps and focus on meeting women in real life.

Im not quite sure how to deal with this. I would feel horrible saying “sorry I can’t morally and ethically accept Indian clients because online dating doesn’t work for them.”

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Had another person get back to me willing to partner up and promote my offer to their audience.

I’ve also raised my prices slightly.

Currently researching marketing agencies so they can do all the social media and google ads. I simply don’t have time to fool with this aspect.

I’m also A/B testing two versions of my sales script. Once I have that down in thinking of hiring a sales guy to handle that aspect.

I want to get to where I’m only focused on the coaching and high level content creation. The books, podcast, free courses, social media reels, etc.

I have encountered an interesting problem…

I don’t want this to sound racist but my coaching has gotten a lot of interest from Indian men. Problem is, online dating doesn’t really work for Indian men. That sounds horrible and it really is but it’s also the truth. Back when I was a writer for a dating advice website I knew an Indian dating coach and he always told other Indians to avoid the apps and focus on meeting women in real life.

Im not quite sure how to deal with this. I would feel horrible saying “sorry I can’t morally and ethically accept Indian clients because online dating doesn’t work for them.”
KIV the leads. Wait for Ramasvamy election victory.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Back when I was a writer for a dating advice website I knew an Indian dating coach and he always told other Indians to avoid the apps and focus on meeting women in real life.
1. you only have second hand knowledge and only from one person?

2. If it would be true that THIS would be really great problem to solve as an entrepreneur wouldn't it? ;)

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
1. you only have second hand knowledge and only from one person?

2. If it would be true that THIS would be really great problem to solve as an entrepreneur wouldn't it? ;)
There are also some studies I seen a while back ago that measured how much success each race had with inline dating and the results were not good for indians.

And yes, if I could figure out a way to make women want to meet up with Indian dudes they meet online I would likely be wildly rich.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
One of my clients already got a date!

The first thing I do with all my clients is ask then if they had any “warm leads” the last couple months. Women who seemed interested but did not end up meeting up with.

If they do I have them send a “ping text” that starts the conversation back up again in an interesting way. One sent my ping text back out and got into a follow up conversation using the texting structure I showed him. They have a date planned for Wednesday night!

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 21, 2023
One of my clients already got a date!

The first thing I do with all my clients is ask then if they had any “warm leads” the last couple months. Women who seemed interested but did not end up meeting up with.

If they do I have them send a “ping text” that starts the conversation back up again in an interesting way. One sent my ping text back out and got into a follow up conversation using the texting structure I showed him. They have a date planned for Wednesday night!
Ayyy nice!!

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Spent several hours today working with a couple of my clients.

Im still looking for a good marketing agency to handle FB and Google Ads. I would like to be able to completely cut out my outbound efforts and only have inbound as this would save me time.

Still working on getting influencers/bloggers/podcasters to work with me and send out my offer to their audience in exchange for a commission on anyone they refer to me who signs up. Getting resistance from most of them but I have a couple now.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Been reading a few sales books and one of them swears that if you replace sales calls with video calls, conversions go way up.

May start out offering that as an option to the people I do the free consultation with. I’ll download the most popular video chat platforms so they can pick which one they are most comfortable with. If not, they are free to just use a normal phone call too.

I’ll test this and see what happens.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Been reading a few sales books and one of them swears that if you replace sales calls with video calls, conversions go way up.

May start out offering that as an option to the people I do the free consultation with. I’ll download the most popular video chat platforms so they can pick which one they are most comfortable with. If not, they are free to just use a normal phone call too.

I’ll test this and see what happens.
Wait, so you've had most of your sales calls via phone? Not google hangouts/zoom?

Kinda surprised, because since COVID i assumed video calls were default lol

How have things changed since you started doing video now?

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
Wait, so you've had most of your sales calls via phone? Not google hangouts/zoom?

Kinda surprised, because since COVID i assumed video calls were default lol

How have things changed since you started doing video now?
Haven’t done a single video call yet.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Aug 20, 2023
I have a problem…

I do believe I may enjoy the sales and marketing aspect of the business more than I enjoy actually coaching then men.

Don’t get me wrong, it makes me VERY happy to help these guys and see them get success but I’m loving the challenge of sales especially.

Im sure that fun feeling will go away eventually and it will seem like a grind and ill wish clients just fell into my lap but so far I really enjoy the sales aspect of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.