The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a Business Illegally

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is just amazing...an immigrant comes to America, lets his Visa expire, and starts a dentist business illegally in his basement. While I get there are all kinds of people who start a business illegally, it's just common sense you would get busted, especially with all the health codes and license procedures.
Man to be charged for illegal dentist practice in Clinton Twp. basement
View: https://www.facebook.com/WJBKFox2Detroit/videos/322727421710448/?notif_id=1551452936637777&notif_t=live_video

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is just amazing...an immigrant comes to America, lets is Visa expire, and starts a dentist business illegally in his basement. While I get there are all kinds of people who start a business illegally, it's just common sense you would get busted, especially with all the health codes and license procedures.
Man to be charged for illegal dentist practice in Clinton Twp. basement
View: https://www.facebook.com/WJBKFox2Detroit/videos/322727421710448/?notif_id=1551452936637777&notif_t=live_video
6:22 mark is quite scary.

The spokesperson points out that every day we just go into our dentist's places without asking whether they are licensed or not. We just see all the equipment and thinks he knows what's he's doing.

I guess that means it wouldn't hurt to know something extra about the services we receive daily, even though its not on a professional level. That needs a bit more reading and digging.

It seems the 'dentist' was doing it as a hustle, minor dental work like cleaning, to get 'big money' (as the spokesperson said). What amuses me is that he went all out to do it, including getting machinery from eBay.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I guess that means it wouldn't hurt to know something extra about the services we receive daily, even though its not on a professional level. That needs a bit more reading and digging.
i would have just questioned it being in a house. I don't know many dentists who work out of their home, although it may be possible. The other as well, as they stated, he could have been a legal dentist and followed procedures with a work visa. I just feel it's kind of dumb jeopardizing your Visa in the first place, letting it expire, then doing it illegally. It just seems he screwed himself, because are government won't take that lightly if you're not going to follow the rules and do things properly and they allow you to come to the country and give you the opportunity to succeed.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Dont mess with the government.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SolopreneurGrind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 26, 2019
6:22 mark is quite scary.

The spokesperson points out that every day we just go into our dentist's places without asking whether they are licensed or not. We just see all the equipment and thinks he knows what's he's doing.

Very good point that got me thinking... I do notary services on the side for extra cash and customers meet me in the lobby of my apartment. This past week, for the first time ever, someone asked for my photo ID. I was a little surprised because it was the first and only time it happened, but upon reflection, I guess it's a little sketchy meeting someone in an apartment lobby for any service (although it's super quick and I don't have a buzzer hooked up - hence the lobby meeting).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.