The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started working on an idea. Time is flying...

Idea threads

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
I have been working on a software that I would like to convert into a business.

And I hope to generate enough interest, customers and money by adding value to these customers.

The challenge I have is time just seems to fly!

I start working on one part of the software. And by the time I manage to get what I want done the way I want it done, 4-5 hours have just flown by!

Is this something other people are finding too?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
Is outsourcing an option for you?

Thanks for your suggestion. However, the time it will take me to find a vendor, bring them up to speed and get some useful work done, I will be about 70 to 80% through.

I have tried to outsource in the past. Simple things can be outsourced. But this is a bit more complicated.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Yeah, this is how I feel all the time.

With software development there always seems to be a rat tail of related tasks and new issues keep popping up. You keep getting stuck.
Even when you enter a flow state it takes a long time to make a dent in the backlog.
There are some days where things just seem to fall into place and there is rapid progress, but those seem to be random and far and in between.

Maybe you are at a level where more preparation can help. Love the following article:
If I had more time I would have written less code

But even after internalizing and applying that the issues don't disappear completely.

Probably there are possible strategic decisions that can make a huge difference.
I wonder how things would have developed at the companies that I have worked at so far if we had gone for leverage (for example by building on existing solutions more) rather than being "creative" all the time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
I hear you guys. I am going to see if I can expose some functionality as web services and perhaps look at outsourcing front-end.

Fingers crossed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.