- Joined
- Dec 27, 2021
- Messages
- 26
Rep Bank
$395
$395
User Power: 162%
I've spent the past year dreaming of a Fastlane and taking small steps towards making it happen.
I read Millionaire Fastlane , then listened to MJ's other two books on Audible. I've spent the past 6 months listening to books on tape during my commute each day to work. It's been primarily a mix of entrepreneur books and self-improvement books. While just listening could be considered an action fake, it actually helped me overcome my overactive negative self talk and start working on some real goals. It also kept me motivated after floundering when my wife pulled back her support for this journey a bit because of the many stressors in our life. Totally legitimate... but a lot of it has passed or been dealt with and we're movin' on!
2022 Journey: Without setting any real goals, my intent starting with this year was to continue to improve at and succeed in my IT job while building skills both on the job and at home. Specifically, skills that would benefit me where I'm employed while also improving my value as a producer in the hope of starting my own Fastlane.
Earlier this week, I had an idea for a product to use in my profession. It'll alleviate a huge pain point for people in my career field and I'm excited to produce and sell it. I've reached out for an RFQ through Ali Baba and am looking forward to hearing back.
I've also started my own LLC as of today. I'll file for my EIN next week and get to work on a website soon after.
Additionally, I'll continue on my progress of learning PowerShell/Scripting, earning a certificate in Palo Alto Firewalls and building a solid reputation in the work place and IT community based on performance, helpfulness and creating win-win scenarios.
I feel like I've turned a corner from play-faking to taking action. I did this through reading and listening to helpful books to get me started, keeping an eye out for opportunity and focusing my mind on doing regardless of doubts, fears, and stress. But, the most important part of this forward movement is that I've surrounded myself with healthy, helpful and like-minded people who inspire me, challenge me, keep my grounded, keep me humble and... most importantly... keep me hungry. I hope that you find the same in your journey.
Thanks for reading.
If you're curious, my reading list this year has consisted of the following (no particular order):
"Just Listen" by Mark Goulston MD
"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey
"Unscripted " by MJ DeMarco
"Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari
"12 Months to $1 Million" by Ryan Daniel Moran
"The Harvard Business Review Entrepreneur's Handbook" by HBR (By far, my least favorite book in this collection)
"Grit" by Angela Duckworth
"The Great Rat Race Escape " by MJ DeMarco
I read Millionaire Fastlane , then listened to MJ's other two books on Audible. I've spent the past 6 months listening to books on tape during my commute each day to work. It's been primarily a mix of entrepreneur books and self-improvement books. While just listening could be considered an action fake, it actually helped me overcome my overactive negative self talk and start working on some real goals. It also kept me motivated after floundering when my wife pulled back her support for this journey a bit because of the many stressors in our life. Totally legitimate... but a lot of it has passed or been dealt with and we're movin' on!
2022 Journey: Without setting any real goals, my intent starting with this year was to continue to improve at and succeed in my IT job while building skills both on the job and at home. Specifically, skills that would benefit me where I'm employed while also improving my value as a producer in the hope of starting my own Fastlane.
Earlier this week, I had an idea for a product to use in my profession. It'll alleviate a huge pain point for people in my career field and I'm excited to produce and sell it. I've reached out for an RFQ through Ali Baba and am looking forward to hearing back.
I've also started my own LLC as of today. I'll file for my EIN next week and get to work on a website soon after.
Additionally, I'll continue on my progress of learning PowerShell/Scripting, earning a certificate in Palo Alto Firewalls and building a solid reputation in the work place and IT community based on performance, helpfulness and creating win-win scenarios.
I feel like I've turned a corner from play-faking to taking action. I did this through reading and listening to helpful books to get me started, keeping an eye out for opportunity and focusing my mind on doing regardless of doubts, fears, and stress. But, the most important part of this forward movement is that I've surrounded myself with healthy, helpful and like-minded people who inspire me, challenge me, keep my grounded, keep me humble and... most importantly... keep me hungry. I hope that you find the same in your journey.
Thanks for reading.
If you're curious, my reading list this year has consisted of the following (no particular order):
"Just Listen" by Mark Goulston MD
"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey
"Unscripted " by MJ DeMarco
"Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari
"12 Months to $1 Million" by Ryan Daniel Moran
"The Harvard Business Review Entrepreneur's Handbook" by HBR (By far, my least favorite book in this collection)
"Grit" by Angela Duckworth
"The Great Rat Race Escape " by MJ DeMarco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
