The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started my first real ecommerce business, posting the process and asking for tips here.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JNagtegaal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 5, 2023
To start off i will first introduce myself, my name is Jari Nagtegaal and i'm from The Netherlands (excuse some of my bad english). Now at almost 21 years old i have started a couple of online businesses, which for the most part existed of dropshipping and i created a site for online fitness coaching which i did not even launch because i noticed i was too inexperienced for the market.

About 6 months ago i read The Millionaire Fastlane for the first time and since then i have been pondering upon what kind of fastlane business i wanted to start and take seriously. 4 months ago i started my ecommerce business selling luxury skincare for men. (www.true-skincare.nl) if anyone wants to check out the site, its all in dutch so good luck reading it for the most of you ;).

The first 2/3 months were very exciting and i made 6 sales totaling €262,50,- I do have to mention that all of these sales were close friends/family who bought the product more out of "charity". The people that tried my products were very excited about them and happy with the quality.

The last month however my sales have stalled completely. I have run multiple ads on facebook without any success, i do get a lot of link clicks but no conversions. Currently i am trying out tiktok ads with a video an influencer created for me. I have recently tried 2 paid partnerships with small influencers both with little to no success.

I hope there are some people on this forum who have experience with ecommerce businesses and maybe ran into some of the same problems. My current guess is that people click on my ads because they like the marketing text and are looking for a good skincare product, but are possibly shocked by the prices. I dont want to lower my prices because i see this as a "last resort" because the marketing should sell the product for the price i am offering it. Let me know if i'm in the wrong thought process or if anyone has tips on this subject! Thanks :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Solution
If you're happy with the CTR of your ads but you have no conversions, the issue is probably your website.

Consider adding testimonials, shouldn't be hard to get some, since you already sold some products to friends/family.

Maybe the copy isn't that convincing? Consider hiring a copywriter, or try doing it yourself. Plenty of tools out there.

Also ask yourself what problem is your skincare solving? For what kind of people?
I added testimonials in the form of reviews under the products in the beginning, also tried to make my ads/product page tell people what it does(Helps with acne etc.). I’ll look deeper into the copywriting, thanks!

terros

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 18, 2024
I would say try it, I can’t tell you what’s profitable or not. That’s not how the world works, you try and you learn

What I can tell you is that I think you’re not thinking big and original enough, these are the “youtube get rich quick” ad kind of businesses.
So, please give me best business advice what i start

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

terros

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 18, 2024
If you're happy with the CTR of your ads but you have no conversions, the issue is probably your website.

Consider adding testimonials, shouldn't be hard to get some, since you already sold some products to friends/family.

Maybe the copy isn't that convincing? Consider hiring a copywriter, or try doing it yourself. Plenty of tools out there.

Also ask yourself what problem is your skincare solving? For what kind of people?
Drop shipping is profitable in short term

JNagtegaal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 5, 2023
Bro i am 17 yrs old. Plese suggest me what kind online bussines i do to make money to support my family plese tell me and bro this lamo in this dp is yours
I don’t know your situation and I can’t give you advice. My country will be 100x different than yours unless you’re Dutch by coincidence. No it is not my Lambo I saw it on a trip to London.

terros

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 18, 2024
I don’t know your situation and I can’t give you advice. My country will be 100x different than yours unless you’re Dutch by coincidence. No it is not my Lambo I saw it on a trip to London.
Bro what you do for living. And any kind of effect on you of the fastlane millionaire

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.