The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started from the bottom now we're here

AlexVilch

MVP Development || StartupServices.ca
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
Hey Fastlaners,
Just finished listening to Fastlane and I like how the ideas in the book match my views on this world. A little bit about myself:
Born in a poor country in Europe (average income $200-$300 pm) when I turned 16 I got an opportunity to study in Canada. Finished UofT (university) with a degree in CS. Now I am 24 living in Toronto.
My life\business story:
16 years: a nerd who loved games. have been playing MMOs since 12. Opened a private server for a popular MMORPG (Lineage 2) - made $30 000 through donations.

17 years: still a nerd, now I got into self-improvement. Torrenting courses/books on everything from pickup to speedreading to NLP to investing to meditation to programming, etc. Read tons of books, but never took action. Became a knowledge hoarder, my hard drive was full of different learning materials some which I never opened. I would have 40 tabs open in my browser, 39 of which were stuff I said I will read but never did.

18 years: got lazy, had to decide what to do with my life. Decided to get a degree in CS because my parents wanted to. Comming from a communist country I understand that to them "a piece of paper" meant everything since entrepreneurship was banned back then.

19 years: Opened my first business (if you can call it that way) Basically I found a bunch of programmers in my home country and connected them with people who needed a website done. Programmers got paid, I got my commission (usually 100-300%), a client got their website.

20 years: Did a 6-month internship at one of the Canadian banks. This was my first "job". I quickly realized that working for someone sucks. Basically, I would come at 9am, spend 1 hour commuting, take tasks from my boss, finish them by 1pm and sit there till 6pm doing nothing. My boss got pissed of at me finishing so fast and sometimes told me that he has nothing for me to do so I had weeks where I did nothing. But some part of me enjoyed it. I was getting paid for sitting doing nothing, so I got a bit lazy from it.

21 - 22: Finishing my Uni, graduating. Did some freelancing part time. School is hard so had to focus on it. Got familiar with affiliate marketing, became a part of STM forum. Learned SMM \ SEO \ PPC. Tried opening a niche website, but got bored writing content for it.

23 years: Got into crypto. Began investing. Got into ICO's, founded a venture fund. Made a bunch of money from it.

24: This is where I am now. Still doing crypto, but it is in a state of decline so nothing exciting is happening. Looking to move towards a more traditional business and create some passive income.

Hopefully, I can be helpful to you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Gutski

我很快乐!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 9, 2018
Switzerland, Thun
Hi @AlexVilch,

Thank you for your intro. It’s amazing what you’ve achieved. Congrats!

You want to create passive income. Here is my question: What kind of value do you want to create?

I‘m working on this one myself. I‘m looking forward to hearing more from you.

AlexVilch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
what type of "traditional business" ?
I guess I meant offline business. Something like a coffee shop or a day care center or open some sort of franchise.

I am still exploring my options, I might end up doing something online.

The goal is to have "a business" something that can operate without my involvement.

AlexVilch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
Hi @AlexVilch,

Thank you for your intro. It’s amazing what you’ve achieved. Congrats!

You want to create passive income. Here is my question: What kind of value do you want to create?

I‘m working on this one myself. I‘m looking forward to hearing more from you.

I do have an idea. Since I am experienced with startups I want to do 2 things.

1st - Offer entrepreneurs and startup founders an MVP (minimum viable product) creation service. So instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars on their idea, they can spend just a couple of thousands (2-6) and have an MVP ready. In the future, they can present it to investors and get funding, or do a couple of sales and make some money to finish a product.

2nd - Bring a bunch of experts in online business together (proven entrepreneurs with working businesses) and give them a platform to offer paid consultations / answer questions for money. Something like Quora but more business oriented and private.

I will be posting all my ideas in the Ideas section to get some feedback from fastlaners

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, great intro, you're a hustler! Great to have you here.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why Toronto? Super expensive dump, unless your the party type.

AlexVilch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 23, 2018
Toronto
Why Toronto? Super expensive dump, unless your the party type.

I feel like it is developing really fast. Especially in the IT sector. It is expensive but that just gives you more motivation to work harder.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Give a hello to Robert Herjavec :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...