- Joined
- Jun 13, 2014
- Messages
- 97
Rep Bank
$480
$480
User Power: 132%
Let's get the ball rolling...
Have $2,000 by Oct 1st.
I currently have...
$350 Cash
$634 in furniture to be sold on Craigslist at a higher value
I also have a job being paid a generous sum of $9.50 an hour, 9-5:30 M-F.
My goal is to be able to generate $500 per week working on my own.
A few of my other goals are
I will quit my job once I am able to do this while holding the job.
I need to quit my job so I can spend more time taking action, reading, learning comp sci so I can move to tech, and workout more. Work is long and i'm making NOTHING. I don't get how people can live like this their entire life. This is just a stepping stone for me.
Here are my Craigslist ads as of right now. All suggestions are welcome.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/fuo/4665316486.html
I paid $200 for all 4 of the chairs. Originally, the price was first set at $800. After only receiving texts from people offering money orders, I dropped the price significantly. However, I have never had any activity since.
I know I need to
Do you guys think my price is still too high for Craigslist? Even if I drop it another $100, I'd still be doubling my money. Also, what other ideas do you have for hustling in the beginning when you're just starting out?
Have $2,000 by Oct 1st.
I currently have...
$350 Cash
$634 in furniture to be sold on Craigslist at a higher value
I also have a job being paid a generous sum of $9.50 an hour, 9-5:30 M-F.
My goal is to be able to generate $500 per week working on my own.
A few of my other goals are
- Study 3 chapters of TMFL every day. Not just read and forget, but study it. We studied and memorized random crap for school, we should at least be doing the same for our real education.
- Hit the gym 5 times a week. I've actually already been doing this most days after work. I never worked out until this summer and instantly liked it. I've played sports my entire life, so transitioning to lifting was easy. It gives me a ton of energy and gets me out of the house. I recommend it.
- Save up 10k
- Learn about real estate. I've decided that this "old school" method of becoming rich is still alive and well. I've been surrounded by tech my whole life, but I could never get interested in coding or programming. For this reason, I am not immediately diving into online businesses. I'd like to in the future once I gain experience. So, I'd like to learn how to pick properties, how to find good areas where the market is about to boom, how to deal with tenants, how to manage properties and then train others to do so for you. Any book recommendations and tips for this are welcome.d
- MOVE OUT. I'm currently 19. I want to move out by the time I'm 22. Right now I have barely any expenses living at home with my parents, so it'll be easy to save and grow my money.
I will quit my job once I am able to do this while holding the job.
I need to quit my job so I can spend more time taking action, reading, learning comp sci so I can move to tech, and workout more. Work is long and i'm making NOTHING. I don't get how people can live like this their entire life. This is just a stepping stone for me.
Here are my Craigslist ads as of right now. All suggestions are welcome.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/fuo/4665316486.html
I paid $200 for all 4 of the chairs. Originally, the price was first set at $800. After only receiving texts from people offering money orders, I dropped the price significantly. However, I have never had any activity since.
I know I need to
- Post better pictures
- Have better copy (Read through some old notes I have and books on persuasion)
- List more items for sale
- Post when traffic is heavy
Do you guys think my price is still too high for Craigslist? Even if I drop it another $100, I'd still be doubling my money. Also, what other ideas do you have for hustling in the beginning when you're just starting out?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
