The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started a website, no coding experience

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Right Twix

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 12, 2019
Hello, so I came up with this idea, to sell a food/health product that gets consumed. This product is widely found and sold but I have never seen a subscription model for it.

My plan is to sell online, with through my own website, so I bought the domain, hosted it, and went off to create my wordpress website.

Now, I dont have any coding experience, and I quickly realized that in order to customize and change my website, I would need more than the basic templates, and actually understand some of the code. So what do I do? I hop on youtube learn some HTML, with the intention of CSS next. But then I soon realize that PHP, and Java is also needed, and that this can turn into a rabithole of learning, aka action-faking instead of taking the steps to proof of concept, and working towards generating revenue. Coding is a deep and wide topic, that I see as valuable, but also easily outsourced.

So now Im considering hiring someone on Fiverr to set it up the website, so I can get to the landing page, and proof of concept faster. Im just worried that afterwards I wont be able to maneuver the site.

Any thoughts or experiences?

The barrier to entry on this is very low, and I realize it doesn't meet the CENTS model, but I wanted to get started so I could learn the e-commerce, ads, marketing, website side of things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

Elementor is actually cool for people that can't code, took me three days to learn how it worked (i binge watched YT tutorials) and now i can make beautiful wordpress websites.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Also heard good things about Elementor.

If you really want a shortcut then why not Shopify?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Humanoid_Chatbot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2018
Hello, so I came up with this idea, to sell a food/health product that gets consumed. This product is widely found and sold but I have never seen a subscription model for it.

My plan is to sell online, with through my own website, so I bought the domain, hosted it, and went off to create my wordpress website.

Now, I dont have any coding experience, and I quickly realized that in order to customize and change my website, I would need more than the basic templates, and actually understand some of the code. So what do I do? I hop on youtube learn some HTML, with the intention of CSS next. But then I soon realize that PHP, and Java is also needed, and that this can turn into a rabithole of learning, aka action-faking instead of taking the steps to proof of concept, and working towards generating revenue. Coding is a deep and wide topic, that I see as valuable, but also easily outsourced.

So now Im considering hiring someone on Fiverr to set it up the website, so I can get to the landing page, and proof of concept faster. Im just worried that afterwards I wont be able to maneuver the site.

Any thoughts or experiences?

The barrier to entry on this is very low, and I realize it doesn't meet the CENTS model, but I wanted to get started so I could learn the e-commerce, ads, marketing, website side of things.
I might be interested in creating a landing page for you. I'm been studying web design/ development for a while and would like a basic project to work on get feedback etc.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
What's mentioned above and also check themeforest themes, I'm sure your business model has already been made a WordPress theme

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.