The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Somebody Sell Me on "Fastlane Insiders"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
Okay, disclaimer: I am CHEAP. Like, I-can-stick-a-finger-through-the-holes-of-the-shoes-currently-on-my-feet-because-I-don't-want-to-buy-new-ones cheap. It's probably a problem but hey I have managed to save almost $20K in the past 8 months so... yay?

Look I get the general selling points of Fastlane INSIDERS. And it all sounds very attractive. And obviously I understand the concept of ROI. If I could just start paying $9.99 a month I would probably have already joined. But because I'm so cheap, I want to avoid spending twice as much on a 3-month trial if I'm gonna love it. But if I throw down $120 and it ends up being not as helpful as I anticipate, that'll be $120 gone.

I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of testimonials from folks it has helped. I really would like to get the best value option if I'm gonna join, but I want to feel confident it's a worthwhile investment.

And I could care less about the ads. What mostly interests me is the value of the content itself. I joined this forum because I wanted to, as MJ might put it, put "wind behind my sails". I want to be in community with folks doing this, and who have done this. I want to be encouraged and have my a$$ kicked when it needs kicked. To be honest, in my short time on the forum I feel I have already received some of this. Will the quality really improve that much by becoming an "INSIDERS"?

Please let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
IMHO you need a total mindset shift.

You're quick to cut expenses but slow to invest in yourself for growth.

You can only cut your expenses to zero but you can invest in yourself and grow without any cap.

Which do you think makes sense to spend the most time on?

3 months will cost you $60.
If you love it - upgrade to $120.
If not, you're out $60.

If you're worried about spending $60 and are literally as cheap as you say (almost with pride, oddly enough), I would suggest looking for a traditional job because being your own boss requires investments in unknown returns all the damn time.

What are you going to do when a manufacturer tells you that a sample is $100 for a single unit but if you buy 100 it will cost $5 each? Are you going to sit there like a dear in the headlights worried about losing $100 on a single unit or are you going to get the sample, check the quality, and move into production if it's good?

Come on man, you can't be cheap when it comes to education. If you get your value out of it - it's paid for itself multiple times over. If it doesn't, you move on and pat yourself on the back for taking steps to invest in yourself.

Regarding the inside itself - it's a place that google can't see and tire kickers, action fakers, and cheap folks never sign up for. On a business forum that should be all you need to know to tell you what may or may not be behind it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to be encouraged and have my a$$ kicked when it needs kicked.

To be honest based on what you wrote above (and in the main post), it probably isn't for you.

If you can't justify 30 cents a day as form of risk in entrepreneurship, you should save your money.

Sounds like you're looking for cheerleaders and blueprints for success.

That's not the INSIDE.

If you're worried about spending $60 and are literally as cheap as you say (almost with pride, oddly enough), I would suggest looking for a traditional job because being your own boss requires investments in unknown returns all the damn time.

+1

If you feel you have to be sold on it then it probably isn’t for you.

+1

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Cheap = sheep

If you see it as an expense to cut instead of an investment to get better ....... stay outside and keep reading for a while. You'll get there!

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
Cheap = sheep

If you see it as an expense to cut instead of an investment to get better ....... stay outside and keep reading for a while. You'll get there!

That being said, the "Sheep Dogs" are on the INSIDE and I am grateful.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
My question is if it's worth the time. Seems like it is, especially if it's better than what's available on the general site. $20/mo however seems too cheap if it's really as valuable as it seems. Perhaps it's just to make people invest a little and filter out the losers, more than make a bunch of money. I think I'm a little wary after sifting through so many half-scam gurus.

happiness2go

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Actually, I don't even understand why you "have to" join the INSIDERS now. There is a ton of value in the free part of the forum. If you are sceptical, then just stick around the free part...

Whenever you are really hungry for more, you can still upgrade. And then those few $ will probably will not matter anymore...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And obviously I understand the concept of ROI.

But if I throw down $120 and it ends up being not as helpful as I anticipate, that'll be $120 gone.

Here's the deal... not everything you spend your money on with be positive ROI. If you can't deal with the fact that something you do will not be +ROI then business is not for you.

You need to train yourself early on to take calculated risks. Else as soon as you spend $100 on PPC and get no sales and you'll feel dejected and give up.

So is this a good calculated risk for $120? Up to you to decide.

Funny that for some people it's a no brainer and for others it's not worth it. It's the same content for everyone, so why the difference in opinions? :eek:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Here's the deal... not everything you spend your money on with be positive ROI. If you can't deal with the fact that something you do will not be +ROI then business is not for you.

You need to train yourself early on to take calculated risks. Else as soon as you spend $100 on PPC and get no sales and you'll feel dejected and give up.
This could not be more true. Some things in business will just be a waste of money, but if you're not constantly testing, how will you know? Example: we spent about $1,200 in FB ads in January. Want to know how much we got in sales from it?

$0.

Not only is the INSIDERS a low amount of investment, but it's low-risk as well. You see the free version - has that not already given you $120 of value? Wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption that there is more value behind the paywall?

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
To be honest based on what you wrote above (and in the main post), it probably isn't for you.

If you can't justify 30 cents a day as form of risk in entrepreneurship, you should save your money.

Sounds like you're looking for cheerleaders and blueprints for success.

That's not the INSIDE.

+1

+1

You know, I had a distinct feeling that this would be the first post of mine that would earn your response MJ.

First of all, I greatly appreciate the work you've put into this forum and your books. It has been a massive change in perception for me so thank you.

What I find refreshingly ironic about your response is that it is the exact sort of a$$ kicking I had in mind. So once again, thank you. Perfect. You're kicking my a$$.

As far as wanting cheerleaders (and a blueprint for success?). Well perhaps there is a misunderstand here. I am almost literally trying to follow your exact advice from your first book:

"Think of the relationships in your life like an army platoon readying for battle. Who are you going to war with?... Are these the people you want to go to battle with? If not, you need to pick better warriors to have on your team.
"How? Join entrepreneurial clubs, attend networking events, ally yourself with like-minders, get yourself around people who subscribe to a Fastlane, anything-is-possible mindset, and decide who you want on your team of warriors.... Join entrepreneur forums with a Fastlane mindset, like the Fastlane Forum! Not a week goes by when someone doesn't email me, 'This forum changed my life!' That's a tailwind!"

I mean honestly, this exact passage is what prompted me to join your forum and what even makes me want to become an INSIDERS. This is precisely what I meant by "I want to be encouraged and have my a$$ kicked when it needs kicked". If I am misinterpreting you I am all ears.

I see no benefit in being defensive. Yes, from all these responses, sure, in retrospect it feels a little silly worrying about $60. I have been attempting to earn the life I want for me and my family via the "slowlane" for years now and that required me to watch every dime I spent. Old habits die hard and I am only about three weeks deep into this philosophy.

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
If you feel you have to be sold on it then it probably isn’t for you.

To answer your question though, I feel I got my money’s worth just from the first INSIDERS thread I ever read.

I appreciate the feedback thanks man

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
IMHO you need a total mindset shift.

You're quick to cut expenses but slow to invest in yourself for growth.

You can only cut your expenses to zero but you can invest in yourself and grow without any cap.

Which do you think makes sense to spend the most time on?

3 months will cost you $60.
If you love it - upgrade to $120.
If not, you're out $60.

What are you going to do when a manufacturer tells you that a sample is $100 for a single unit but if you buy 100 it will cost $5 each? Are you going to sit there like a dear in the headlights worried about losing $100 on a single unit or are you going to get the sample, check the quality, and move into production if it's good?

Come on man, you can't be cheap when it comes to education. If you get your value out of it - it's paid for itself multiple times over. If it doesn't, you move on and pat yourself on the back for taking steps to invest in yourself.

Regarding the inside itself - it's a place that google can't see and tire kickers, action fakers, and cheap folks never sign up for. On a business forum that should be all you need to know to tell you what may or may not be behind it.

Good rebuke.

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
Wow what a wealth of responses.

Can't respond to each one and we have some pretty consistent themes here. You guys are cool. I am surrounded by insecure millennials who's feelings are hurt the moment someone offers even the slightest critique.

I operate on the presumption that every single human being on this planet is born and raised woefully flawed, myself included. Growth is literally impossible if this is not accepted (you cannot fix what you don't know is broken). While of course I have the impulse to lash out and get defensive, overriding that is the curiosity about the opportunities to see flaws in myself previously unknown to me. Today was a golden opportunity.

I was honestly astonished at some of your repulsion towards my post. I guess I never viewed my cheapness in such bleak terms.

Cool. Something to work on.
Thank you guys.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

This could not be more true. Some things in business will just be a waste of money, but if you're not constantly testing, how will you know? Example: we spent about $1,200 in FB ads in January. Want to know how much we got in sales from it?

$0.

I think the larger problem here is NOT if INSIDERS is worth a few dimes per day, but how do you overcome this mentality?

As others have echoed here, it is nearly impossible to succeed as an entrepreneur when you aren't willing to take calculated risks. And the risk here (min $60, max $120) is negligible within the scope of life itself.

My guess is that you will find INSIDERS like anything else in life as it probably follows the 80/20 rule... you will find 80% of it worthless and the other 20% impactful. The question is, will that impactful 20% be worth $60 to you? Or $600,000?

Can't respond to each one and we have some pretty consistent themes here. You guys are cool. I am surrounded by insecure millennials who's feelings are hurt the moment someone offers even the slightest critique.

I operate on the presumption that every single human being on this planet is born and raised woefully flawed, myself included. Growth is literally impossible if this is not accepted (you cannot fix what you don't know is broken). While of course I have the impulse to lash out and get defensive, overriding that is the curiosity about the opportunities to see flaws in myself previously unknown to me. Today was a golden opportunity.

I was honestly astonished at some of your repulsion towards my post. I guess I never viewed my cheapness in such bleak terms.

Thank you guys.

A very mature response which, IMO, puts probability in your favor.

I think the "eyebrow raising" issue of this thread is that an INSIDERS Subscription costs $60, not $6,000.

In the world of business (and PPC) sixty bucks could be a 8 minute ad spend on Facebook.

There's nothing wrong with being "cheap" -- I think it's more of a question of knowing WHEN to be cheap, and when NOT to. A thrift mentality can equally help or hinder.

"Think of the relationships in your life like an army platoon readying for battle. Who are you going to war with?... Are these the people you want to go to battle with? If not, you need to pick better warriors to have on your team.
"How? Join entrepreneurial clubs, attend networking events, ally yourself with like-minders, get yourself around people who subscribe to a Fastlane, anything-is-possible mindset, and decide who you want on your team of warriors.... Join entrepreneur forums with a Fastlane mindset, like the Fastlane Forum! Not a week goes by when someone doesn't email me, 'This forum changed my life!' That's a tailwind!"

Yes, and no matter what you decide, the public forum remains freely available to you for this purpose. We aren't going anywhere!

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
so...

I can think of 5 threads that by themselves are worth the subscription.

EACH of those thread by himself is worth the subscription.

Lex Love

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 21, 2019
I think the larger problem here is NOT if INSIDERS is worth a few dimes per day, but how do you overcome this mentality?

As others have echoed here, it is nearly impossible to succeed as an entrepreneur when you aren't willing to take calculated risks. And the risk here (min $60, max $120) is negligible within the scope of life itself.

My guess is that you will find INSIDERS like anything else in life as it probably follows the 80/20 rule... you will find 80% of it worthless and the other 20% impactful. The question is, will that impactful 20% be worth $60 to you? Or $600,000?

A very mature response which, IMO, puts probability in your favor.

I think the "eyebrow raising" issue of this thread is that an INSIDERS Subscription costs $60, not $6,000.

In the world of business (and PPC) sixty bucks could be a 8 minute ad spend on Facebook.

There's nothing wrong with being "cheap" -- I think it's more of a question of knowing WHEN to be cheap, and when NOT to. A thrift mentality can equally help or hinder.

Yes, and no matter what you decide, the public forum remains freely available to you for this purpose. We aren't going anywhere!

Right. This all makes perfect sense.

As embarrassed as I am about the original post I'm glad I did. And yes, I'm sold on the INSIDERS.

Thank you.

Monica Rose

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Apr 14, 2019
Maui, Hawaii

Thank you guys.

Being cheap, or frugal isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Spending money wastefully in areas where it doesn't improve your quality of life is all too common, and has no benefit as it increases your indentured time to pay for these expenditures. There is nothing wrong with wearing your shoes until they wear out, or choosing generic store brands of equal quality to a popular brand, or saving in other areas where spending more doesn't increase your happiness quotient(Mr. Money Mustache has some good posts on this). There is a huge difference however between the previous examples, and being "cheap" by default, even when spending a little money could offer huge benefits to you both right away, and over time. I'm fairly new to this forum, and still have barely scratched the surface of the free content, so haven't thought yet about joining the "INSIDERS" group, but if you're saving all this money on other items like shoes, maybe splurge on the 3 month trial membership, and see what you get out of it, which I feel like will be directly related to what you put in through time spent exploring, as well as interacting with others in the group.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Funny that for some people it's a no brainer and for others it's not worth it. It's the same content for everyone, so why the difference in opinions? :eek:

When one has low 4 digits or 3 digits in their bank account, one starts to be much more frugal. I can definitely relate to the OP.

@Lex Love This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but having paid for INSIDERS one year plan previously, I would say if you want to save, then probably get a one year or six month sub, consume as much as you can there, and unsub.

Reason being, the threads in the INSIDERS are pretty slow (but worth it), and many don't get updated for weeks or even months later (and many are dead with no new updates, such as the old Ice Cream Kid threads). So, the value you get kinda stops after a while (assuming you devour the content several hrs daily). Kind of like subbing to a 12-month magazine plan and having the magazines delivered to you only for the first 7 months lol

That said, I still intend to re-sub at some point later.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
When one has low 4 digits or 3 digits in their bank account, one starts to be much more frugal. I can definitely relate to the OP.

@Lex Love This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but having paid for INSIDERS one year plan previously, I would say if you want to save, then probably get a one year or six month sub, consume as much as you can there, and unsub.

Reason being, the threads in the INSIDERS are pretty slow (but worth it), and many don't get updated for weeks or even months later (and many are dead with no new updates, such as the old Ice Cream Kid threads). So, the value you get kinda stops after a while (assuming you devour the content several hrs daily). Kind of like subbing to a 12-month magazine plan and having the magazines delivered to you only for the first 7 months lol

That said, I still intend to re-sub at some point later.

It’s interesting that you view the threads as ongoing and needing to be updated.

I’ve never looked at old threads that away. The stories from 2016- date should be more than enough to motivate or give you enough knowledge to do something.

But it seems that you view this forum as a series of stories, which is not how I would interpret or take in the data. To me, I get my knowledge and implement it.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
It's probably a problem but hey I have managed to save almost $20K in the past 8 months so... yay?
Saving 20k in 8 months isn't anything to sneeze at for most. Congrats.

But regarding whether you would benefit from an INSIDERS subscription is another story. In fact, most people don't even understand what the Forum is really about.
They regard it as a get rich quick forum rather than creating and bringing value to the masses first.

Creating rather than taking. Evolving rather than regressing. Expanding rather discontinuing. Increasing rather than decreasing.

An entrepreneur thinks differently.

An entrepreneur thinks about CREATING money first and foremost, rather than SAVING money.

It is a different mindset, one that stems from abundance rather than scarcity.

Initially an unscripted mind thinks in terms of creating and abundance,
A scripted mind thinks of saving and hoarding.

If one's time is spent on how to save rather than to create and develop, then he most likely will remain unscripted . Focus your time and energy on creating and developing first.

A Great Idea can alway find the 20K, but 20K won't usually find or replace the Great Idea.

Figure out how to build the dam before you try to plug the leaks.

Saving money is a whole lot easier after you've created it.

At least thats my observation. ; )

Hope this helps.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
This is the way I see it...

I subscribed to the $ 120-year plan.

Working at a minimum wage job in WA that's $12/h.

That's $96 in one eight hour shift.

Two days of working at a minimum wage job earns you $192.

Can you sacrifice two days of working at a minimum wage job, for the potential to change your life?

I don't see the threads and stories as what's most important.

The threads are a bonus.

What really makes INSIDERS's subscription really worth it, is the relationships you build inside.

Yes, you can build them on the outside, but the inside is a much closer community.

For me, worst-case scenario, I build relationships with like-minded individuals who are on or have gone through the same path and we can help each other.

Jobs are everywhere; go work at Mcdonalds for two days and get back your $120.

Blessed to have talked or shared a few back and forths with a few members on the forum. Not extensively, but definitely would like to connect more, grow, and definitely meet up in real life!
@MJ DeMarco @biophase @AllenCrawley @Andy Black @ZF Lee (Will probably see you in the coming months!) @million$$$smile @AgainstAllOdds @Lex DeVille @B. Cole
I'm glad to have had those mini-interactions with you all.

So you ask me... Is it worth it?

H.E.L.L
Y.E.S

Sherpa

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 7, 2019
A friend showed me one thread in the INSIDERS forum and I registered and subscribed (about 20 minutes ago). I have no idea if the other threads will be worth it, but such is life. It's only $60, my man. Echoing the other guys in here, I've lost thousands more in dead inventory and poor trading calls... the risk in this decision is negligible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.