The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why should one join the Fastlane Insiders?

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I read a lot of these prior posts and it almost feels as if "they" are promoting it. In all honesty, the one and only reason i joined the INSIDERS, was out of respect for @MJ DeMarco He provides an awesome forum / environment. I felt like I was stealing (info) So, I paid the man. What, I got was unbelievable insight, opportunities, one on ones, etc... Join now - mj will probably jack up the price in another few months - as he should. Shit, now i feel like i am promoting it. just my .02.

I agree completely. I am not in there yet. Is there really that much of a difference inside compared to the outside? What have you found to be the major difference on INSIDERS fourm? Is it that people are more willing to help?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
What have you found to be the major difference on INSIDERS fourm? Is it that people are more willing to help?

Less clutter. You don't have to weed through a bunch of random threads that don't offer much.

Yes, people are more likely to respond (Assuming you ask the right questions). Just like the outside, people aren't going to waste time answering questions that are a google search away.

Put it this way, after I joined the INSIDERS, I got my moneys worth after reading just one thread all the way through. Thread was by @biophase.

Just try it. Maybe you will love it, maybe not. What would you spend the money on otherwise?

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Just try it. Maybe you will love it, maybe not. What would you spend the money on otherwise?

I usually do not spend much money unless it is to purchase something to sell for profit or something that could help me make $ or learn. I just am making sure the info inside is much better then outside.

D

DeletedUser394

INVESTING IN YOUR EDUCATION AND GROWTH IS AN AWESOME WAY TO TURN A POSITIVE ROI. Seriously, education (outside of the classroom) and inside the real world is the holy grail when combined with action.

If you can't part with $59, what do you hope to accomplish in this thread?

Obviously the INSIDE can help you make money. People are actually doing stuff and chronicling it from start to finish, every single day.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just a general caution for people thinking about joining...

If you're looking for threads that will teach you how to make $300 in 3 days, you should probably save your money. (Events, paint-by-numbers shit.)

For example, Sal's thread is 3 years long and highlights how an idea starts from nothing and evolves into an 8 figure company, perhaps 9.

The type of stuff that's on the inside isn't your usual internet marketing crap. It's real process by real entrepreneurs. Think PROCESS (YEARS) over EVENTS (DAYS).

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I was actually thinking like 400 in 7 days, no I am kidding lol.

I believe most here are not expecting some magic formula to get rich online in a couple days. I know I am certainly not. However what I am looking to learn is business knowledge that will in turn open my eyes to new opportunity that I might not have been able to see otherwise.

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
I also just went to buy an INSIDERS subscription(10 days ago), saw the price change and balked. Glad this thread has been topped as I've been going back and forth on it.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I usually do not spend much money unless it is to purchase something to sell for profit or something that could help me make $ or learn. I just am making sure the info inside is much better then outside.
Someone suggested that you read the book, you did and you're here. Several people have suggested going inside, you need to choose again.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Vigilante's thread alone is worth the price of admission.

There are some other tidbits you'll run across that might spark some ideas for you. One of the posts inside of Vigilante's thread (not even from Vigilante) gave me an idea. We'll see how that pans out.

It's your money though, so you have to decide.

(Modified after searching the INSIDERS's forum a bit more.)

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are quite a few threads in the INSIDERS forum that aren't very impressive.

Perhaps that's because people are creating threads in there that have no business being started there, which creates noise.

The INSIDERS forum is for content that is either sensitive or needs to be private. It's not a place for motivational videos, or some great entrepreneur article.

I have started moving a lot of threads out that simply don't belong.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
  1. Disregarding some of the great process threads on the inside.
  2. Disregarding the chance for further entrepreneurial education.
  3. Disregarding the INSIDERS's calls hosted by forum members really doing what you want to be doing (one of which is directly responsible for my current business starting to take off) and
  4. Disregarding lowering the noise and increasing the chance you get to interact with higher value forum members.
The advantage of the inside in my mind comes down to one word. Accountability.

I'm set up on the 3 month plan since I too initially didn't know "what's the inside all about?" I get a notice every 3 months that I paid my subscription and in part it says "What have you been doing for 3 months?" to me. What have I been doing? Have I been lazy? Did I make any progress? Am I closer to freeing myself to work solely on my Fastlane business? It's the accountability of the inevitable payment you're making to remind you, hey, get it into gear, you spend time learning and interacting with other entrepreneurs now put that sh*t to work and get it done.

There's other ways to get it done and build a business. Plenty of people have never even heard of the FLF and built successful businesses. It's partially about cutting down the learning curve time and accelerating your time to profitability. For what it's worth, I won't be canceling my subscription within the foreseeable future.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The INSIDERS forum is for content that is either sensitive or needs to be private.

I have started moving a lot of threads out that simply don't belong.

You guys on the outside who continue to delay may one day click the button and see that it's $500 a year. To be quite honest, that would be fine with us on the inside, because as the number of members grows it will naturally lose privacy and quality. So to maintain it, the number of members needs to be controlled, which means the barrier to entry needs to be controlled and the only way to do that now is by price.

I bet if MJ announced that in 2015 it would be $500/year, a ton of people would sign up for today's price instantly.

Last edited:

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
I can appreciate barrier to entry, to maintain quality, but I could also appreciate the hell out of a 39.99/3 months special for one day only.

D

DeletedUser394

The difference between $59 and $39 is $20. My pizza last night cost me more than that. One can flip burgers in some deep fried hell hole and make that much in a day.

Let's say you visit once per day. That equates to .65c per day/use vs. .43c per day. Is anyone going to get rich investing/saving 0.22c per day? No way.

As bio said, price should only be going up from here.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
ok I feel like I need to throw my 2c in as someone who recently joined the inside...

I didn't know that the price used to be less. it wouldn't have mattered to me anyway.

I have been here for a long time and never had the need to go inside. I was not ready to use the information I may have found there.

the catalyst for my joining was to help work on another idea. being there and working on something else ended up setting me off to complete something which I had set aside because I did not know how to move forward. being inside didn't tell me what I needed to do to move forward, but reading how others moved forward through similar things was the fuel I needed to get my a$$ in gear...

just by asking questions of others inside it led me to finding answers. some directly from people here on the forums some sparked by things they said in other threads or questions they asked that pointed me in the right direction to find my own answers.

at the time I joined I didn't have an extra $59 or whatever it was to join... but once I had the need to go in I found it really quick. had it cost $199 and I knew what I needed was there I would have found that too... the point is when you need something you find a way. the day before I had the need to be inside I would not have had the money... :D

only you know if you are ready. I knew I wasn't ready, then like a light switch one minute I knew no matter what I needed to get in :)

so I too will not be canceling anytime soon. I hope to become one of the Gold Threads eventually :)

R

redshep

Don't spend your last $100 on a forum. It's not the be-all, end-all; these are just people with a similar interest. Your biz won't be built for you, your hand won't be held, there's no coaching (at least there shouldn't be.) You'll learn more faster by building your own thing. Read less, do more.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
monthly billing mentioned

Monthly billing was never available. The smallest increment offered is 3 months which has been standard since the whole thing started.

Think of it this way...

The monthly price is $59.95 ... and if you sign up at that price, you get 2 months free. ;)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but here goes:

Is it tax deductible?

This thread convinced me to join, but not sure if I should put it on business account or personal. I'm always looking to keep my money away from the tax man wherever legal. :D

Just not sure if this would fall under "Dues for Clubs and Organizations"

UPDATE: Whenever I ask a question like this, I always find it on google like 2 minutes later, no matter how much I googled it before:

What You May Not Deduct
You may not deduct dues to personal or hobby clubs or groups, or dues/memberships paid to country clubs, recreation or social groups.

So no, not deductible since it's a social group. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Put it on the personal account already; but may be able to make an argument for it. I'll keep the receipt and review it next tax year.

Welcome to the inside. Please make sure you review the POOP thread and add your two cents. :joyful:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but here goes:

Is it tax deductible?

This thread convinced me to join, but not sure if I should put it on business account or personal. I'm always looking to keep my money away from the tax man wherever legal. :D

Just not sure if this would fall under "Dues for Clubs and Organizations"

UPDATE: Whenever I ask a question like this, I always find it on google like 2 minutes later, no matter how much I googled it before:

So no, not deductible since it's a social group. :)
I deduct it

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
One other thing the INSIDERS provide is the ability to bookmark post. Not the just a whole thread but certain post. I didnt realize that until my membership ran out and lost all those notes. Nevertheless, I recommend it. Good stuff in their for sure.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
bookmark post.

Yup. You get to catalog anything you like. Not threads, actual posts. And you get to organize and tag them as well. After a few months, you should be able to bookmark your very own book.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Just want to point out: The time you spent asking if it's worth it...some kid hungrier than you found the funds, joined and is already devouring the material and is one step closer to success....Just saying..

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
Maybe I'll join when I build my own successful story. For now, I don't have any reason why I may join too. I've read a ton of different stories of success and suggestions. Most of this stuff works for the USA only. So, if you are in US, it's cool to join the fastlane INSIDERS.

yea I wanted to know too if it only works for USA only.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.