The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software Engineer who is taking the exit to the Fastlane

luwe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 9, 2020
Germany
Hi everybody,

I'm close to reaching my 30th birthday while I recently had the thought of "and this is how it should go for 40 years".
My current state is totally comfortable.. I have a job as software engineer, which is also an activity I truly enjoy. My job is flexible in terms of location and time and I have good compensation and nice challenges to solve in the job. I was already very interested in the financial system the last 2 years, so yes I can tell you a lot about index funds .
I honestly have no clue how I found MJ's Fastlane Millionaire and becoming a multi millionaire was never a goal of mine. But as my goal since a long time is to make the live of other people easier with software, starting a business was always an idea in my head.
However, I was finding nice ideas, but then I reconsidered them many times till I dropped them all (and I dropped many because of the "someone else does it"). So I was in that loop of liking the idea of creating a business, but found tons of excuses not to do it.
Reading TMF opened me the eyes and I'm now actively searching for my side hustle which can then pay (at least part of) my bills so that I can quit my full-time job and start creating a business. Honestly I have no clue yet what I'll start, but I know that I'll eventually find an idea with real need.

That is why my current state is getting my side hustle ready (in my case freelance software development projects) to then quit my job as soon as I have the first project ready.
The benefit of going side-hustle first is that I already need to start presenting myself to the outer world, as well as I'm not bound to working times.
My plan is to search for needs in the meanwhile so that I can then start testing ideas to fulfill those needs.

I'm looking forward to talk to a lot of you and be inspired by what you all already achieved!
If you have question on me or I can help you with some software related things or similar --> I'm happy to get answers and or PMs

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted8v369

I have a background in software development, too. What are you working on?

CoderSales

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 3, 2020
Colorado
Hi everybody,

I'm close to reaching my 30th birthday while I recently had the thought of "and this is how it should go for 40 years".
My current state is totally comfortable.. I have a job as software engineer, which is also an activity I truly enjoy. My job is flexible in terms of location and time and I have good compensation and nice challenges to solve in the job. I was already very interested in the financial system the last 2 years, so yes I can tell you a lot about index funds .
I honestly have no clue how I found MJ's Fastlane Millionaire and becoming a multi millionaire was never a goal of mine. But as my goal since a long time is to make the live of other people easier with software, starting a business was always an idea in my head.
However, I was finding nice ideas, but then I reconsidered them many times till I dropped them all (and I dropped many because of the "someone else does it"). So I was in that loop of liking the idea of creating a business, but found tons of excuses not to do it.
Reading TMF opened me the eyes and I'm now actively searching for my side hustle which can then pay (at least part of) my bills so that I can quit my full-time job and start creating a business. Honestly I have no clue yet what I'll start, but I know that I'll eventually find an idea with real need.

That is why my current state is getting my side hustle ready (in my case freelance software development projects) to then quit my job as soon as I have the first project ready.
The benefit of going side-hustle first is that I already need to start presenting myself to the outer world, as well as I'm not bound to working times.
My plan is to search for needs in the meanwhile so that I can then start testing ideas to fulfill those needs.

I'm looking forward to talk to a lot of you and be inspired by what you all already achieved!
If you have question on me or I can help you with some software related things or similar --> I'm happy to get answers and or PMs
Congrats on wanting to have your own venture... it's a hell of a ride. The possibilities for you as a software developer are fantastic. That's the dream, right? Create a SAS, deploy and sit back for the MRR. I went the freelance website developer route and learned real quick that you must learn how to sell properly. The cool thing about your situation is that you're in a good spot to learn everything on the side and get the proper resources like 'Way of the Wolf' or 'Challenger Sale'. You're going to have to learn to sell your idea, vision and platform(s).

livetrue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 27, 2019
Canada
Welcome aboard :)

Also a fellow software engineer.

I like your idea, I think it makes sense. However, I'm not sure that it's something I can see anyone paying $2/mo for, especially if they already have a spending habit.

A better route, possibly, may be to make the application free, aggregate the total money that's been saved because of your app, and then add a "Donate" button. However, there's some risk here, and not sure if you'd be banking it with just this approach.

An idea may be to gather the information that people are wanting to buy on impulse, (but not later), and perhaps gather reasons why it wasn't worth buying anymore, and sell the information to the product owners... I can tell you that as a product owner that this sort've information would be useful to me ;)

luwe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 9, 2020
Germany
The irony. I'll wait 28 days before I decide to sign up for a monthly subscription

Absolutely, already thought about adding a button for "yeah - ask me again in 28 days", but it complicated stuff for the user quite a bit

luwe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 9, 2020
Germany
Welcome aboard :)

Also a fellow software engineer.

I like your idea, I think it makes sense. However, I'm not sure that it's something I can see anyone paying $2/mo for, especially if they already have a spending habit.

A better route, possibly, may be to make the application free, aggregate the total money that's been saved because of your app, and then add a "Donate" button. However, there's some risk here, and not sure if you'd be banking it with just this approach.

An idea may be to gather the information that people are wanting to buy on impulse, (but not later), and perhaps gather reasons why it wasn't worth buying anymore, and sell the information to the product owners... I can tell you that as a product owner that this sort've information would be useful to me ;)

Thank you these are great considerations.
I doubt the donate workflow would work as I'm targeting a niche of people which like you said have a bad spending habit.
I'm not sure if they'd spend $2/month or maybe only $5/year or 10$ single buy, but that is a bit what I'm currently trying to validate:

1. do people like the idea (and how many are there)
2. would they be willing to pay for that

Taking the collected data and selling it to the product owners is not something I would like to focus on as I'm not bought into the idea of tracking the shit out of users to then have "post-revenue" with selling their data

D

Deleted8v369

Absolutely, already thought about adding a button for "yeah - ask me again in 28 days", but it complicated stuff for the user quite a bit
That's actually a fantastic idea. It gives you the opportunity to add them to your mail list and put them in your funnel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...