The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello - Software Engineer from Vancouver, Canada!

ldinh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I've just finished reading the Millionaire Fast Lane and here I am. Just looking to join an awesome community of like-minded people.

A little background:
- Studied Computer Science in university and working as a software engineer
- Did some research in a Biology lab and graduated with a minor
- Love reading. Especially social psychology/productivity/ancient greek philosophy.

I'm a fairly proficient back-end web developer (Python/DjangoL) and I'm starting to pick up some front-end development skills. If you need any advice or want to bounce software ideas back and forth, feel free to message me. I would love to help out. Please don't just ask me to build your prototype, although I'm sure we could work something out if you needed a few hours of work done.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

howandwhy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 20, 2011
Welcome Idinh. It is great to see a Software Engg on forum who has expertise in Python/Django. Are you developing any prototype to scratch your own itch? I could not stop asking because I have been learning Rails since last few months and I absolutely love it. Especially the prototype development part.
I am sure after reading TMF you must have started thinking about how to go fastlane. Especially with the software dev skill it should not be hard to start something.

ldinh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks, glad to be here!

I've built a few websites so far. However, I think the info-product/static web space is a bit crowded so I'm trying to enter an area with slightly less competition (Entry requirement eh eh ;). Since I'm already a software engineering, I might as well try something a bit more technically difficult. Hence beefing up my javascript/html/css skills to build web applications.

Hope your Rails is going well. If you ever decide to switch, I can certainly help you out with Django/Python programming.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...