The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Soft Launch Direction Needed - Your Advice?

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
I am starting a new ecommerce project and would appreciate any advice on strategies for launching the initiative. The general plan is to develop traffic to a contact based site, develop a subscriber list and gradually monetise as the volume of traffic increases. However, I cant decide whether the best approach is to wait until the web site is perfect and fully populated with content before marketing OR to launch a refined/limited version first to test the waters and focus more on the marketing side. I don't want to market something that isn't build- but equally don't want to build something that will sit idle for along time. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Are you going to create a Saas Product?

If so, create a minimum viable product with 1 or 2 core features and see if there is demand.

If you're going to sell a physical product - find something that is already out there and make a lander trying to sell that - if you get orders then either dropship or issue a refund.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Are you going to create a Saas Product?

If so, create a minimum viable product with 1 or 2 core features and see if there is demand.

If you're going to sell a physical product - find something that is already out there and make a lander trying to sell that - if you get orders then either dropship or issue a refund.
Thank you for the comment. I guess the next step is defining the minimum viable product. I would love to say it was a SAAS, but nothing as involved. The basic premise is a niche blog that I can develop into a community forum with a significant social network element and gamification. A simple blog with good content would therefore probably be sufficient as a MVP- if there was enough feedback it would justify taking the product to the next stage.
Thank you once again - amazing how clear things become when you start exchanging ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.