The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Society's Failure

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
I keep seeing the phrase "help others" or "bring value to someone else's life" aren't we just coating the cold hard truth? We aren't "helping others" by feeding them the luxurious food they want. We can create a product that stops all of the toppings from my deluxe burger from falling out, and people will buy it, but we're not helping them... we're not bringing value to their lives. We are simply taking advantage of their non Fast-Lane mindset. Which is completely OK, you do what you gotta do to get rich. However, we are not helping these people.

MJ said in his book that we can't focus on the symptoms, we need to focus on the root problem that is causing the symptoms. We are where we are today (or heading in the direction we are) because we already decided to focus on the problem, so we no longer have to suffer the symptoms. The problem is the person, the symptom is their want for the deluxe burger holder. The only way to make money, is to take advantage of people's symptoms. It's why a doctor immediately goes to the prescription sheet - he makes more money with the symptoms he's controlling, rather than if he fixed the problem. And why shouldn't he? If he's benefiting so much, and his patients are convinced he's actually helping, then power to him! Take advantage of them! Take advantage of their unwillingness to focus on the problem.

But do not kid yourself into thinking we are helping them.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/fastlane-paradox.64482/

You can start from the 2nd page.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
I keep seeing the phrase "help others" or "bring value to someone else's life" aren't we just coating the cold hard truth? We aren't "helping others" by feeding them the luxurious food they want. We can create a product that stops all of the toppings from my deluxe burger from falling out, and people will buy it, but we're not helping them... we're not bringing value to their lives. We are simply taking advantage of their non Fast-Lane mindset. Which is completely OK, you do what you gotta do to get rich. However, we are not helping these people.

MJ said in his book that we can't focus on the symptoms, we need to focus on the root problem that is causing the symptoms. We are where we are today (or heading in the direction we are) because we already decided to focus on the problem, so we no longer have to suffer the symptoms. The problem is the person, the symptom is their want for the deluxe burger holder. The only way to make money, is to take advantage of people's symptoms. It's why a doctor immediately goes to the prescription sheet - he makes more money with the symptoms he's controlling, rather than if he fixed the problem. And why shouldn't he? If he's benefiting so much, and his patients are convinced he's actually helping, then power to him! Take advantage of them! Take advantage of their unwillingness to focus on the problem.

That doesn't mean we can not make products that actually helps them. Every generation's wealth producers came to this dilemma before, and there are people in every generation that answers to this question, using the same fastlane formula. It's just that not many people in our times have dedicated their fastlane cause to something bigger than him-selves yet.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

exactly, most businesses and governments serve someone's symptoms of needs, not the real underlying needs

this is the one thing that has been holding back humanity when we do not see reality and truth. We have to find ways to pivot from the hamster wheel/game that has been played for hundreds of years. Planned Obselecence and serving artificial needs are a major problem along with the social engineering being done

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
exactly, most businesses and governments serve someone's symptoms of needs, not the real underlying needs

this is the one thing that has been holding back humanity when we do not see reality and truth. We have to find ways to pivot from the hamster wheel/game that has been played for hundreds of years. Planned Obselecence and serving artificial needs are a major problem along with the social engineering being done

Well we now have the extreme version of the creating artificial needs part of every single central bank of the world printing money that doesn't exist to boost the failing economies.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Well we now have the extreme version of the creating artificial needs part of every single central bank of the world printing money that doesn't exist to boost the failing economies.

wizard of oz is real!

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Wanna talk artificial? Not only are people after money, they are after followers and subscribers. And whatever these followers (new day sponsors) request, you must execute. This new form of slavery has already been introduced and will eventually replace the current form of slavery completely (which is salary).

Think about it. You hear more and more "Follow me", "Like me" or "Please subscribe" than Donate, Stay Tuned or See you next week in the 21st century. And that "see you next week" is now irrelevant. Everyone produces content daily. What do they produce? Whatever the followers want.

Eating well, living under a nice roof, having decent clothing, smelling nice will all become optional with the arrival of virtual reality in the second half of 2016. Who will give a shit? Just eat vitamins, drink water and plug into the oculus 18h / a day. How will you sustain yourself? By staying inside a virtual world whoring for likes and subscriptions that will bring you just enough in your adsense account to pay rent.

I don't know, either I have no idea what the F*ck I am talking about or I am a visionary.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
to me society is the same as it as always been a thousands years ago look at those ancient philosophers they talk about the exact same thing we are here talking about society.most of them rants about how it's messed up and the king isn't sharing his wealth and how corrupted they are.i have always seen persons saying how society changes and stuff like that but to me it's the same as it as ever been even as technology changes day by day we are going to still have a set of persons ruling over, setting the laws and manipulating the masses and at the end of the day there is nothing we can do about it otherwise than empowering ourselves and help those who want to be helped that's why this forum is really great.

the best a person can do is carve out a life for themselves, for me as a person i don't give a damn what another person want to do with his/her life because at the end of the day they are so many elements and experiences that adds up overtime to shape that persons reality and it's kind of hard for them to change.for me life is all about perception i don't feel like we need to think the same way and have the same motives because that's not how we were engineered by nature for as species.we are going to always have that lazy person,that tall person, that hard working person etc life have to be diverse it would be so boring if it isn't. i am not saying everyone should aim towards same thing because yet again you are going to always have that spoiled apple in the tree, that's nature.

who knows if what we are doing by having that nice car and house is really what life is for, those things are great and brings alot of joy to our lives, but hey who knows what life is for any ways, who set these rules. over thousands of years that same question of what is life will puzzle mankind until extinction.

quote.jpg

Last edited:

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
to me society is the same as it as always been a thousands years ago look at those ancient philosophers they talk about the exact same thing we are here talking about society.most of them rants about how it's messed up and the king isn't sharing his wealth and how corrupted they are.i have always seen persons saying how society changes and stuff like that but to me it's the same as it as ever been even as technology changes day by day we are going to still have a set of persons ruling over, setting the laws and manipulating the masses and at the end of the day there is nothing we can do about it otherwise than empowering ourselves and help those who want to be helped that's why this forum is really great.

the best a person can do is carve out a life for themselves, for me as a person i don't give a damn what another person want to do with his/her life because at the end of the day they are so many elements and experiences that adds up overtime to shape that persons reality and it's kind of hard for them to change.for me life is all about perception i don't feel like we need to think the same way and have the same motives because that's not how we were engineered by nature for as species.we are going to always have that lazy person,that tall person, that hard working person etc life have to be diverse it would be so boring if it isn't. i am not saying everyone should aim towards same thing because yet again you are going to always have that spoiled apple in the tree, that's nature.

who knows if what we are doing by having that nice car and house is really what life is for, those things are great and brings alot of joy to our lives, but hey who knows what is life is for any ways, who set these rules. over thousands of years that same question of what is life will puzzle mankind until extinction.

View attachment 11556

In fact I bought a book called " The society construction of reality", It's a book that was written in 1966 but it was way way ahead of its times and I think the book captures what you are saying here

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
In fact I bought a book called " The society construction of reality", It's a book that was written in 1966 but it was way way ahead of its times and I think the book captures what you are saying here
i am gonna look it up thanks.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Teenage years
'You are so young and inexperienced...what if you failed big? No one will hire you. Go and study to get a good job with excellent benefits'

Middle-age (adulthood) years
'You have kids and a family to support. What will you do if your business idea falls apart? Besides, just a few years more in the corporate ladder, you will get the promotion you deserve. Just settle for satisfaction. You don't need to be rich to be happy'

Old age
'You are so old!...how much time do you have left....just make your will or something...'

Don't worry, we Fastlaners get this kind of bullshit every day. Just don't give a damn about it. It's just the tyrannical societal norms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.