TheDropout
Banned
Greetings Fastlaners!
My name's Brandi, and as you can probably tell from my username, I'm a high school dropout.
I left school 2 years ago, when I was 15 years old and high on "The Secret" and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".
Since then, I've spent my days "thinking positively" about my goals and dreams and doing freelance administrative work on oDesk, saving up until I can fund said goals and dreams.
I pay rent, chip in for groceries, and help my mom out in times of emergency (it's the least I can do, since she didn't put me out when I left school), and after 2 years, I have a whopping $500 saved up.
I have champagne dreams while working for tap water money on a koolaid lifestyle, and I want more from my life.
Two days ago, I was at my aunt's house, looking through her library, and she happened to have a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane. It caught my eye, and after reading the first 20 pages or so, I asked her if I could borrow it. Luckily for me, she decided to let me keep it. I immersed myself in that book. I didn't stop to eat, and I took it with me to the bathroom. I got home from her house around 2 PM, and by 8 that evening, I'd read the whole thing.
I've got my dreams set in stone and budgeted out, now I need the cash flow.
I have NO idea what kind of business I want to start, and If I did, I'd have no idea how to start it.
I'm young, dumb, and in need of guidance.
And PLEASE... No slowlane lectures on how I should have stayed in school. My grandparents have already taken care of that, and as we all should know, focusing on shoulda/coulda/woulda's does absolutely nothing for you or your wallet.
I dropped out of school, assed around for 2 years, and dug myself into this hole I'm in... So what.
My question is now what?
My name's Brandi, and as you can probably tell from my username, I'm a high school dropout.
I left school 2 years ago, when I was 15 years old and high on "The Secret" and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".
Since then, I've spent my days "thinking positively" about my goals and dreams and doing freelance administrative work on oDesk, saving up until I can fund said goals and dreams.
I pay rent, chip in for groceries, and help my mom out in times of emergency (it's the least I can do, since she didn't put me out when I left school), and after 2 years, I have a whopping $500 saved up.
I have champagne dreams while working for tap water money on a koolaid lifestyle, and I want more from my life.
Two days ago, I was at my aunt's house, looking through her library, and she happened to have a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane. It caught my eye, and after reading the first 20 pages or so, I asked her if I could borrow it. Luckily for me, she decided to let me keep it. I immersed myself in that book. I didn't stop to eat, and I took it with me to the bathroom. I got home from her house around 2 PM, and by 8 that evening, I'd read the whole thing.
I've got my dreams set in stone and budgeted out, now I need the cash flow.
I have NO idea what kind of business I want to start, and If I did, I'd have no idea how to start it.
I'm young, dumb, and in need of guidance.
And PLEASE... No slowlane lectures on how I should have stayed in school. My grandparents have already taken care of that, and as we all should know, focusing on shoulda/coulda/woulda's does absolutely nothing for you or your wallet.
I dropped out of school, assed around for 2 years, and dug myself into this hole I'm in... So what.
My question is now what?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
