The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So its starts right here. Right now. Long Post.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hello all. I've been looking around on the forums some and gathering a lot of insight as to what this place is all about. Its a sess pool of nothing but people who are shooting for success. And I soak it up like a sponge. You are the group of people in a room I want to be surrounded by.

I'm 28 years old. This is my progress thread. Beginning 12/7/2017

Prologue.

After receiving my weekly $600 paychecks for the last 6 months from my "job", I finally decided to stop imagining. I geared up, wrote down all of my Income/Expenses, started saving a little bit of money and wrote on a whiteboard my 12 month plan. Be great at my job, get promotions, start my online degree, find somewhere else in the rat race that would accept my positions. Pull aside a trash can. Puke.

This couldn't be it could it? Reality, sitting face to face with me. The fact that there is one Earth, millions of ideas, billions of people, TRILLIONS of dollars. "There has to be some way! There is a way! I'll start up my own company and make SIX times the amount I'm making now!". I've been down this road before in another state and city, the business failed within a year. I was a straight fly-by-nighter with a big vision. It wasn't big enough. So I learned. Unprepared and unknowing. But I still learned a lot in that one year in 2013. The biggest thing I learned is that there isn't just one way and that nothing is ever guaranteed.

My visions are HUGE, the sky is the limit, I currently have two brands I'm working on at the moment. Im focusing on Amazon FBA, Retail stores for product placement, and a Shopify store as channels of revenue with Network Marketing focused solely on Facebook and Instagram alone. The power of the internet and the world is at my fingertips. the LAW OF EFFECTION happens here. (No, that was not a typo).

Que Today
"When I was working for that shit head of a boss on the way to work one morning. I saw a flat black Lamborghini Aventador. I had to have it. I swore I would stop at nothing until I achieved it. It wasn't the car its self, it was the goal, and that was to be my trophy. " - Me

November 1, 2017
I gave myself one month to learn the very bare bones basic of what I needed to learn to finally pull the trigger on something. As Woody Harrelson states as the character Tallahassee in Zombieland
"Time to nut up or shut up" . This was my new motto that would drive me to working 6 hours after my 8 to 10 hour shift every night. To make this not so long, here's the list of bullet points of things I have learned over the last month and have come quite familiar with them enough to get my Fastlane ball rolling.
  • How to search and source products
  • How to gauge competition
  • Market Demand and Saturation
  • Communication with Overseas manufacturers
  • Freight Forwarding
  • Google Sheets (Spreadsheets help keep track of ALOT)
  • Incoterms 2010
  • GS1 Product UPC Information (and other generic avenues)
  • S-Corp Filings
  • Amazon FBA
  • Jungle Scout
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Stock Photography
  • Online Marketing, Cold emailing and calling, potential channels of distribution
December 1st 2017
I pulled the trigger and placed an order for my first product. I compiled a list of a certain Retail store that I could market my product to and I have direct connections with two of those stores owners for launching my test market in. The list contains every store owners email address and will be fired off as a cold email once my product arrives. (Feels good man). I could go bust and lose a few hundred dollars, or I could profit $20,000. The sky is the limit here.

In the process of waiting for my product to arrive, I have been doing mostly back office work and getting ready for the potential volume that I could be shipping out to these retailers, and Amazon FBA.

December 4th 2017
At 4:30AM, I woke up out of a dead sleep in visioning an exact logo design in mind for my main product line that I want to ultimately focus on aside from the product inbound from China. The one I want to shoot for the stars with, the one that I can help affect people with. I got on Adobe Illustrator and sat down, watched countless of youtube videos and learned how to use it enough to make me dangerous. I asked very critical friends to critique my work for me, asked about pricing, how much they would pay for this particular product, etc and gauged an interest and launch capability. I sat back and thought about how I would market this product and spread the word, reserved multiple domain names I might use for a Shopify store to start.

December 7th 2017

• Still waiting for first product to arrive
  • Contacted manager (friend) of store across the country that I'd like to insert my first product into.
  • Created a "flyer" in Illustrator that could be displayed in retail stores describing my product.
  • Drank lots of coffee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
12/20/17..It's beginning.
So yesterday, while I sit in my hotel room in Texas, I was told that my product has been shipped to me (from China) and I was provided with a DHL tracking number. There's still so much to do to get this product going and ready for FBA! Throughout this process, I am still so excited to actually have the package in my hands, a physical product that I researched, sourced, and will be selling. All by the merits of my own research and motivation. This is a small step in what WILL LEAD to more and bigger things to come! That's all I have right now. Take care everyone!

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
12/29/17 Update:

Retail Arbitrage:
December 25th. After shopping at my local thrift store and picking up 3 of the same products to do as a trial run on Amazon (doh!), I purchased each item at $2.29 each and sold them all for $13.99 each! That was it, the "crack rock" was tasted so to speak and I could NOT WAIT to get going on something which I researched and sourced from China myself. What an exhilarating feeling it was to be woken up by the "CHA CHING" sound on my phone out of a dead sleep to realize a profit that I barely did any work for. I do believe sales is one of the best and widest avenues for wealth creation.

AMAZON FBA:

Latest update here guys and girls:

Yesterday I sent off my packaged products to the Amazon FBA warehouse and calculated my profits via there calculator and compared it to my excel calculator (yay!). I also went up to a local hobby store and handed out samples of my product as well and spoke with the owner, and we're going to put my product out for sale on the retail floor, right up at the register! The wonderful thing about this is, the owner did me solid and wrote down the entire companies director of purchasing information for me to contact, whew! That is going to be the next step for Scalability.

Tonight I am going to be researching my next product endeavor, consumables which required a constant re-purchase. Not just a one time purchase. I feel as if consumables are a spot on the edge of a tire that rotate past a point called "cash flow".

More to come.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.