The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlaner merging into the Fastlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

CBuck03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 29, 2020
Washington DC
Hello Everyone,

I am currently reading The Millionaire Fastlane and decided it's time to make a change!

Being a typical slowlaner with a 9-5 job working as a Data Analyst at an consulting firm. I recently missed out on two new job opportunities with big tech firms in silicon valley due to a combination of a poor interviews and hiring freezes because of C0VlD-19. These setbacks have made me realize that I can't rely on living life in the slowlane and that if I want the freedom I seek, I need to be more confident in myself when it comes to starting my own business.

I've just paid off $20K in cc debt and decided that saving 10% of my paycheck and investing in the stock market is not going to get me to where I want to be in life.

I don't have any ideas for a business yet, but I'm confident I can figure out a way to make an impact on others and add value to their lives!

Looking forward to soaking up all the knowledge you can share and helping others make it to the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum! Have you tried freelancing / contracting? Not fastlane per se, but it's a great way to get started and earning extra money to build out bigger ideas later.

CBuck03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 29, 2020
Washington DC
Thanks @lowtek !

I have not tried freelancing/contracting because of my own limiting beliefs in the past, but I think you are right it's definitely worth a try! Do you have any experience as a freelancer/contractor?

I was thinking about fiverr as a starting point.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks @lowtek !

I have not tried freelancing/contracting because of my own limiting beliefs in the past, but I think you are right it's definitely worth a try! Do you have any experience as a freelancer/contractor?

I was thinking about fiverr as a starting point.

I do. I've done a little bit of contracting on Upwork. My results have been mixed, but it was enough to validate that it was possible to earn money there. I don't know if fiverr is a good idea. I think it sets too low of an expectation on the client's part.

Check out @Lex DeVille YT channel for some great ideas on getting started on Upwork
Lex DeVille

Check out @Fox channel for great ideas on getting started in web dev
Fox Web School

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CBuck03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 29, 2020
Washington DC
I do. I've done a little bit of contracting on Upwork. My results have been mixed, but it was enough to validate that it was possible to earn money there. I don't know if fiverr is a good idea. I think it sets too low of an expectation on the client's part.

Check out @Lex DeVille YT channel for some great ideas on getting started on Upwork
Lex DeVille

Check out @Fox channel for great ideas on getting started in web dev
Fox Web School

I just watched the youtube review of your experiences with Upwork, which was very informative! I agree that the name "fiverr" alone sets a certain expectation.

Thank you for sharing the YT channels to help get me started.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...