The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlaner from Germany trying to escape

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Michael Bavarian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2018
Munich, Germany
Hello dear readers, thanks a lot for letting me participate in this forum and for all the great content provided. My name is Michael from Munich, Germany and I am 32 years old. I read TMF and it is honestly one of the best books I ever read (three times). More than once I was shouting during reading "Damn, who is this guy, he is so right!!". I really also appreciated the very direct language, making it also painful to read because all of my failures are laid out in front of me. Just recently I read that there is a second book, and I just ordered it.

Right now I am employed in the energy business and my job is "ok". I have a fancy masters degree which does not really help me at all. Deep in my heart I know that it is not the path I should pursue, as it drains my energy and any effort from my side to change circumstances at work are not desired. Being an obedient employee does not really fit my personality either, in so many ways. That it is also not very clever money-wise being an employee, we all know as followers of MJ. Living in a very expensive city, I am constantly feeling that there have to be different routes for a man to earn his money, and more than some too-good-to starve salary that is "ok"! The more years I am spending in the mediocrity of being an employee I get the feeling that I am not following my destiny (as cheesy as it sounds) and all my potential goes untapped.

Now what? I will try the following years to escape this situation and start being an entrepreneur. I made some efforts in this direction earlier, which did not go that well. Right now I know that my previous projects failed due to missing effort/focus, as well as choosing the wrong business model. I am currently searching for a new project/business model, where I can put in all my power and let it grow that it bears fruit in the future. To find the right business model, I will apply the rules of MJ/TMF and will also try to do something that I can really be passionate about.

I am really hopeful and motivated, but sometimes not self-confident enough to really step on it. I often feel that I am also kind of hold back by my environment, as I my "ok" job gives me a comfortable life where I can save some money and all of my friends/family are either sidewalkers or slowlaners. So quite often, there is no motivation or a certain rotten situation that would kick my a$$ to pursue another life. Over time I also have built unproductive habits which represent my slowlane lifestyle which hinder me very often when I try to tackle new projects or building new habits. Often, I also tend to overthink things.

So to wrap this up, although my post may sound a little depressed, I am really quite optimistic, because the last years were a process, which made me perfectly aware of the direction I want/need to take. Escaping being an employee, develop the right habits, be a producer and an entrepreneur! Knowing I have resources at hand like the books of MJ, this forum and some of my ideas I already have, my changing mindset will lead me in the right direction and I am quite excited about it!! I am looking forward to the moment in some years when I can tell you about my business and report how well it developed over time...

My two cents ;-)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
THanks for the intro Michael and welcome! Glad you enjoyed TMF . Hope you enjoy Unscripted equally as well!

MarcoSto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 28, 2018
Germany
Hello dear readers, thanks a lot for letting me participate in this forum and for all the great content provided. My name is Michael from Munich, Germany and I am 32 years old. I read TMF and it is honestly one of the best books I ever read (three times). More than once I was shouting during reading "Damn, who is this guy, he is so right!!". I really also appreciated the very direct language, making it also painful to read because all of my failures are laid out in front of me. Just recently I read that there is a second book, and I just ordered it.

Right now I am employed in the energy business and my job is "ok". I have a fancy masters degree which does not really help me at all. Deep in my heart I know that it is not the path I should pursue, as it drains my energy and any effort from my side to change circumstances at work are not desired. Being an obedient employee does not really fit my personality either, in so many ways. That it is also not very clever money-wise being an employee, we all know as followers of MJ. Living in a very expensive city, I am constantly feeling that there have to be different routes for a man to earn his money, and more than some too-good-to starve salary that is "ok"! The more years I am spending in the mediocrity of being an employee I get the feeling that I am not following my destiny (as cheesy as it sounds) and all my potential goes untapped.

Now what? I will try the following years to escape this situation and start being an entrepreneur. I made some efforts in this direction earlier, which did not go that well. Right now I know that my previous projects failed due to missing effort/focus, as well as choosing the wrong business model. I am currently searching for a new project/business model, where I can put in all my power and let it grow that it bears fruit in the future. To find the right business model, I will apply the rules of MJ/TMF and will also try to do something that I can really be passionate about.

I am really hopeful and motivated, but sometimes not self-confident enough to really step on it. I often feel that I am also kind of hold back by my environment, as I my "ok" job gives me a comfortable life where I can save some money and all of my friends/family are either sidewalkers or slowlaners. So quite often, there is no motivation or a certain rotten situation that would kick my a$$ to pursue another life. Over time I also have built unproductive habits which represent my slowlane lifestyle which hinder me very often when I try to tackle new projects or building new habits. Often, I also tend to overthink things.

So to wrap this up, although my post may sound a little depressed, I am really quite optimistic, because the last years were a process, which made me perfectly aware of the direction I want/need to take. Escaping being an employee, develop the right habits, be a producer and an entrepreneur! Knowing I have resources at hand like the books of MJ, this forum and some of my ideas I already have, my changing mindset will lead me in the right direction and I am quite excited about it!! I am looking forward to the moment in some years when I can tell you about my business and report how well it developed over time...

My two cents ;-)

I feel you. I think we in Germany have a particularly strong slowlane culture that heavily reinforces the „solid“ slowlane. Whenever I talked about my entrepreneurial efforts, the reactions circulated around risk, backup plans, CV-tuning to cover the hole that my certainly failing company will create in the German‘s most important piece of paper that to so many seems to be the source of self worth (or not, if it not good/mediocre enough). Oh...I got into rant-mode for a sec here :D. Anyway, we seem to have a similar problem with our social environment: Too many slowlaners and sidewalkers that will reinforce our slowlane- and sidewalk mistakes and question our fastlane (entrepreneurial) efforts - not the best company to be around if you want to change things...

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
Are there any good places in germany where you find fastlane interested people?
I know only one person but the communcation to him is really a problem. From my experience consultant places are more like talking not acting and talking again.

4symmetry

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 31, 2018
Munich/Germany
Hi Michael,

I‘m from Munich as well! I totally understand your frustrations, I think you phrased it perfectly, too.
Let’s try and overcome ;)

UrbanLegend

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 22, 2017
Munich, Germany
Good intro and welcome to the forum!
I also live in munich. You can always hit me up and maybe we can connect. :)

Michael Bavarian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2018
Munich, Germany
Has anyone good ideas to get to know successful fastlaners in Germany? I am really looking out for them in my environment, but it seems I have the wrong environment...

Pavlos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 2, 2018
Germany
Hi Guys,

Nice Intro Michael.
I am living in southern North Rhine Westphalia near to Siegen and share totally your feelings and experiences thinking outside the box and getting in touch with the society here in Germany.
Everything is ok for me, too. But it is actually not! I want to change and truly speaking, the book of Mr. DeMarco opened ones eyes and i read a lot of books for a while now...

Sorry Michael, if I had a person/community,.. to share with you I would! What i could share is something about myself, if that helps... :D

Could you share some experiences you made when you faced society (family, friends,...) and how they react? And more important to me, how you reacted? What was your thoughts in that specific moment?

Something about me and my status (who is not interested, pls. skip ;)):
To me, in my situation right now, it is important to set up the Fastlane- mindset as soon as possible. Difficult is right now, to see were to start. Of course it is easy to see possibilities, if you truly see them. But then doing the next step, the hard step of really doing (not thinking) makes me still struggle. Unfortunately i did too long the slowlane/ sidewalker (what ever, not satisfying live) and some biases and mindset has been hardened in my way of thinking which is blocking. So i do a revolving rethinking of my personal behavior for some time just to change hoping it will lead to b a l l s, that i go on the next step!

Thanks for your time guys and thanks in advance for some comments.

Greetings
Pavlos

natyms

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 10, 2018
Munich
Good intro and welcome to the forum!
I also live in munich. You can always hit me up and maybe we can connect. :)
So now I see several people from Munich and none of them answered about a meeting in this post here MEETUPS - Germany - Munich....
It's bad enough there are so little of us, we really need to do a meetup and motivate each other!

natyms

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 10, 2018
Munich
I actually replied in that thread. :)
I know :) I didn't mean you with that. You are actually quite active on the forum! Probably the most active form all of the Munich people ;)

Michael Bavarian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2018
Munich, Germany
So now I see several people from Munich and none of them answered about a meeting in this post here MEETUPS - Germany - Munich....
It's bad enough there are so little of us, we really need to do a meetup and motivate each other!

Thank you for the hint, I actually didn´t know that this meetup-group exists. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...